COVID-19: Living with COVID (Endemic & Opening Up)

Carbon82

12 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Got free ART kits, this time 10 pieces le. 😂

Test no tio can go out buy ah lian...test tio liao better stay home wait for ah lian delivery...ah lian peak season macam gonna peak with next wave liddat 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, 13177 said:

Thats why many people must go tio covid if still havent tio yet, cause tio liao no need scare liao. So far did you hear anyone around you who have tio covid, tio again? 😅

More than one person, unfortunately! Different variants, probably, based on the timing of getting the covid.

I am not sure if a person is not affected by long covid the first time, does it mean will escape long covid again the second time? Or higher chances, since it is a repeat assault on the person's system?

What i know is that long covid is no fun, all kinds of effects. The affected person appears fatigued, persistent chronic cough or shortness of breath, and some mentioned that their short-term memory is muddled and tend to forget things.

• Sad 1

48 nightlife and public entertainment outlets caught breaching rules; 103 people arrested

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/48-nightlife-and-public-entertainment-outlets-caught-breaching-rules-103-arrested

“Forty-eight public entertainment and nightlife outlets, some of which were unlicensed, were caught for breaching various rules during multi-agency islandwide enforcement checks between April 19 and June 14 this year.”

• Shocked 1

(edited)

aiya open ... open la ... release the kraken

hearsay, geylang lorong ## chicken rice stall also serving set meal liao ... [sly] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
On 6/26/2022 at 7:40 PM, 13177 said:

Precisely, people now really heck care, indoors mask off, outdoors when many people gathered together also mask off. People talk to each other also mask off. Esp those people who have already tio covid before even more heck care.

Got back from 3wks in UK, Germany and Holland with no masks anywhere except the flights there and back.

Followed up with a week in Manila with masks indoors and partial outdoors. In the end, we didn't wear much indoors either 😉

Got back from all that, very late on Friday.

I've never tested positive for COVID, and still not. I don't see what everyone is still obsessed about and I fully agree that those ending up in hospital now, must already have a medical issue that complicates issues...... I say that till it's my turn. I have my own issues but, we need to move on.

Edited by bsswan
  • Praise 4

(edited)

Toddler in Singapore dies of COVID-19; country's first coronavirus death under 12 years old

Singapore has reported its first death caused by COVID-19 in a patient aged below 12.

The Singaporean boy, aged one-and-a-half, died on Monday (Jun 27), said Ministry of Health (MOH) news release.

“The cause of death was Encephalitis due to COVID-19, Respiratory Syncytial Virus and Enterovirus infections,” said the ministry, adding that the patient had no other past medical history and was previously well.

The Health Ministry said the child was at KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital (KKH) Children’s Emergency Department on the night of Jun 21 with high fever and recurrent seizures, with a subsequent drop in consciousness.

“He was admitted to the Children’s Intensive Care Unit in critical condition on Jun 22, and was diagnosed with severe Meningoencephalitis. The polymerase chain reaction test (PCR) for the patient was positive for COVID-19 as well as two other viruses – Rhinovirus/Enterovirus and Respiratory Syncytial Virus,” said MOH.

The Health Ministry said COVID-19 can result in severe disease, even in children and those without pre-existing medical conditions.

Vaccination substantially reduces the likelihood of severe disease when one is infected.

“All children aged five to 11 years are recommended to be vaccinated with the Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty vaccine, especially children with underlying chronic medical conditions.

“MOH, the Health Sciences Authority and the Expert Committee on COVID-19 Vaccination will study the safety and effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines that have been formulated for young children under the age of five once the dossier is submitted to us for evaluation by the manufacturers,” said the ministry.

“MOH extends our deepest condolences to the patient’s family. We understand that KKH is in contact with the family to provide the necessary support.”

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/toddler-dies-covid-19-singapores-first-coronavirus-death-under-12-years-old-kk-hospital-2773591

Edited by Raubern
  • Sad 7
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

aiya open ... open la ... release the kraken

hearsay, geylang lorong ## chicken rice stall also serving set meal liao ... [sly] 

Got meh? Nowadays geylang is becoming quite posh, pushing out all the chic rice stalls. Covid came at the right time for those seeking to make money from the prime land area.

These days i see on my driver app, the hitch bookings to geylang lorong ## - and yes, i am talking about the even numbers - are mainly to condos.

Except tiagong from my friend say that since there is new supply of thai frozen chicken so stall have re-open [laugh] 

Edited by Sosaria
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Raubern said:

Toddler in Singapore dies of COVID-19; country's first coronavirus death under 12 years old

Singapore has reported its first death caused by COVID-19 in a patient aged below 12.

The Singaporean boy, aged one-and-a-half, died on Monday (Jun 27), said Ministry of Health (MOH) news release.

“The cause of death was Encephalitis due to COVID-19, Respiratory Syncytial Virus and Enterovirus infections,” said the ministry, adding that the patient had no other past medical history and was previously well.

The Health Ministry said the child was at KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital (KKH) Children’s Emergency Department on the night of Jun 21 with high fever and recurrent seizures, with a subsequent drop in consciousness.

“He was admitted to the Children’s Intensive Care Unit in critical condition on Jun 22, and was diagnosed with severe Meningoencephalitis. The polymerase chain reaction test (PCR) for the patient was positive for COVID-19 as well as two other viruses – Rhinovirus/Enterovirus and Respiratory Syncytial Virus,” said MOH.

The Health Ministry said COVID-19 can result in severe disease, even in children and those without pre-existing medical conditions.

Vaccination substantially reduces the likelihood of severe disease when one is infected.

“All children aged five to 11 years are recommended to be vaccinated with the Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty vaccine, especially children with underlying chronic medical conditions.

“MOH, the Health Sciences Authority and the Expert Committee on COVID-19 Vaccination will study the safety and effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines that have been formulated for young children under the age of five once the dossier is submitted to us for evaluation by the manufacturers,” said the ministry.

“MOH extends our deepest condolences to the patient’s family. We understand that KKH is in contact with the family to provide the necessary support.”

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/toddler-dies-covid-19-singapores-first-coronavirus-death-under-12-years-old-kk-hospital-2773591

So was it covid or brain infection that was the caused of death?

The report very difficult to understand leh.....

Commonly know as "WTF it's trying to say?"

14 hours ago, Tohto said:

No need to tighten Singapore’s COVID-19 measures for now, adjustments will be made 'if need be': Lawrence Wong

He added that there will be another round of ART kit distribution sometime next month, with every household to receive 10 kits.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/covid-19-safe-management-measures-lawrence-wong-2772426?cid=internal_sharetool_androidtablet_27062022_cna

Why even bother with community ART? Let it spread and don't detect loh. Why the mixed messages?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

talking about hospital capacity..

my father was at A&E on 14 June and only got a bed on 15 june.. gall bladder.. went surgery monday 20 june.

my daughter was at A&E last Thursday evening and only got a bed Friday evening. yesterday the hospital ask her to discharge today as need the bed..

Both times i observe not many nurse movement in the wards.. seem shorthanded  

I dunno this is normal during pre-covid.. With monkeypox need 21 days quarantine this is no joke if it spreads.. 

and my suayness don stop.. this morning my wife received a call that my SIL passed away suddenly due to heart attack.. in her late 20s.. with a 5 year old son.. my BIL for some reason scheduled his return today sometime back.. still din break the news to him....

• Shocked 4
  • Sad 14

About 45% of COVID-19 community cases in the past week were BA.4 and BA.5 subvariants: MOH

SINGAPORE: About 45 per cent of COVID-19 cases in the community in the past week were those of the BA.4 and BA.5 subvariants, up from 30 per cent the week before, said the Ministry of Health (MOH) on Monday (Jun 27). 

The BA.5 subvariant alone is estimated to have contributed to 40 per cent of all COVID-19 cases in the past week. 

However, international and local data show that the two subvariants do not result in more severe outcomes as compared to the earlier Omicron strains, said MOH. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/covid-19-community-cases-45-cent-omicron-ba4-ba5-subvariants-moh-2773596

• Shocked 1

37 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

my father was at A&E on 14 June and only got a bed on 15 june.. gall bladder.. went surgery monday 20 june.

my daughter was at A&E last Thursday evening and only got a bed Friday evening. yesterday the hospital ask her to discharge today as need the bed..

I dunno this is normal during pre-covid.. With monkeypox need 21 days quarantine this is no joke if it spreads.. 

and my suayness don stop.. this morning my wife received a call that my SIL passed away suddenly due to heart attack.. in her late 20s.. with a 5 year old son.. my BIL for some reason scheduled his return today sometime back.. still din break the news to him....

My condolence to the sudden passing of your SIL.

Take care man.

• Praise 1

21 hours ago, 13177 said:

Thats why many people must go tio covid if still havent tio yet, cause tio liao no need scare liao. So far did you hear anyone around you who have tio covid, tio again? 😅

Lol, you think tio once cannot tio again, and won't kena MC repeatedly? Where have you been? 😂😂😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
49 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

My condolences bro. 20s and kenna heart attack? 😔

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Blueray said:

About 45% of COVID-19 community cases in the past week were BA.4 and BA.5 subvariants: MOH

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/covid-19-community-cases-45-cent-omicron-ba4-ba5-subvariants-moh-2773596

So the rest are imported. This is the next wave.

Our hospitals' capacity cannot take another hit. Good thing this variant doesnt cause severe symptoms.

Otherwise more healthcare workers and nurses leave their job. More ppl will suffer.

52 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

OMG, condolences to the family of your SIL. Can I assume she wasn't aware she has an underlying heart condition?

As for workload of the hospital, it has been like that before COVID. I've brought up the matter before but nobody seems to be interested until the pandemic load on the healthcare system come to light.

Health minister thinks its ok :lll._.:

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
18 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

OMG, condolences to the family of your SIL. Can I assume she wasn't aware she has an underlying heart condition?

As for workload of the hospital, it has been like that before COVID. I've brought up the matter before but nobody seems to be interested until the pandemic load on the healthcare system come to light.

Health minister thinks its ok :lll._.:

Thank Bro

ya wasn’t aware at all.. ambulance came and I believe pronounced dead on the spot.

the heartache one is the young son.. his father lost his job during covid and just been relocated for a job in cambodia.. now this happened..

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Thank Bro

ya wasn’t aware at all.. ambulance came and I believe pronounced dead on the spot.

the heartache one is the young son.. his father lost his job during covid and just been relocated for a job in cambodia.. now this happened..

Condolences bro....but for females to get MI, rare.  They are protected somewhat. 

Cud be underlying issues manifesting.

Nonetheless, hope all is well in the family:a-rip:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5