COVID-19: Living with COVID (Endemic & Opening Up)

Carbon82

1 hour ago, RH1667 said:

i certainly agree especially for those " doing exercise by collecting cardboard ", but not pinky, if his immune is bad, think many of us peasant will not be here already. 

He’s the dragon prince, not ah mao ah gao like us. 😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

Wife got her 2nd Covid recently. Turn negative on the 4th day.

This time round never lock in a room but still moving freely at home without mask.

I also did not take a precaution, no mask.  Only sleep in seperate room. I still did not get it this time round. 😁😁😀

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 5

9 minutes ago, Tohto said:

This time round never lock in a room but still moving freely at home without mask.

I also did not take a precaution, no mask.  Only sleep in seperate room. I still did not get it this time round. 😁😁😀

So you are saying even you no take any precaution, no tio means no tio la?! 😂 If really can tio, even put on 3 layer of masks and never step out of the house also can tio?! 😅

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

34 minutes ago, Tohto said:

You is super carrier how to toh...? Sibeh solid steady pom pee pee 😁

turning_an_aircraft_carrier_04.jpg

• Haha! 3

3 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

He is 百毒不侵 lo. 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

29 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Actually pre-covid days, I rarely got any flu type sickness....  my weakest is my gastric, maybe because I any how eat.

• Haha! 2

On 11/22/2022 at 9:31 AM, Tohto said:

Should volunteer yourself to science for future human survival study.

• Haha! 2

On 12/6/2022 at 7:55 AM, Tkseah said:

Didn't know that we have around 3 lives lost due to covid each day..

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/covid-19-878-lives-lost-in-singapore-so-far-this-year

Four months ago Singapore was #149 in the death/head count, but today we are #151.

Now, numbers are numbers, and each country counts slightly differently where some have adjusted "with" and "of" but consider two decades ago, the mortality of flu in Singapore was 92/100k in over 65s. 

878 so far this year, then, is a lesser number. Of course compared to two decades ago, over 65s are also healthier but with 92/100k, it was the third worst rate in the world. I think we should be pleased to have come such a long way.

• Praise 1

19 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Older people with weak immune if never die of Covid may also die of flu or other illness complication.

Just that this number is never openly reported.

Numbers are reported to WHO each year and you can find numbers if you go looking but yes, so common place now there is rarely news in the media unless it is a serious outbreak.

Bad years do happen from time-to-time at at that point media kicks in as a means of reminding over 65s to take their annual flu shot. That's one very good reason, also, as to why SG is no longer third most deadly country for flu compared to twenty years ago.

• Praise 1

24 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Members of the public should purchase only enough medicines for own consumption: MOH

"MOH is closely monitoring the situation," it said. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/medicine-stock-situation-purchase-quantities-sufficient-own-consumption-moh-3160021

Frankly, it’s always them.

Beginning of Covid, sending masks back by the boxes. Now it happened again with Panadol.

Covid started with them, any new mutation will be by them too.

58 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Many people would cheong ah since fully open. Lol.

Need PCR test within 48hr and I think Singaporean will need visa lah. Not yet back to visa free.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2