COVID-19: Living with COVID (Endemic & Opening Up)

Carbon82

On 3/19/2023 at 5:29 PM, Windwaver said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/singapore-residents-positive-overall-quality-life-post-covid-19-pandemic-government-survey-3357876

About 70% of Singapore residents positive about overall quality of life post-pandemic: Government survey

The survey findings, from an online poll involving 1,052 respondents, were released a day before a White Paper on Singapore's response to COVID-19 is set to be debated in Parliament.

SINGAPORE: More than 70 per cent of Singapore residents who took part in a government survey felt that their overall quality of life was the same or better in 2023, compared with 2019 before the COVID-19 pandemic.

But a higher proportion of youths aged 15 to 19 reported a drop in their quality of life and their ability to manage their mental health, compared with before the pandemic.

The survey was commissioned by the Ministry of Communications and Information (MCI) and was conducted by RySense from Jan 31 to Feb 6. Polling was done online and involved 1,052 Singapore residents aged 15 and above.

The findings were released on Sunday (Mar 19), a day before a White Paper on Singapore’s response to COVID-19 is set to be debated in Parliament.

The White Paper looks at what the country did and did not do well during the pandemic.

Writing on Facebook and LinkedIn, Minister for Communications and Information Josephine Teo called COVID-19 "the crisis of our generation".

"It severely tested the ability of our leaders and government, as well as the resilience of our people," she said in her posts on Sunday.

dsc_5883.jpg?itok=0qBZaZij

The good ol pat on the back again.

Come come let's form a circle, I pat the back of the guy in front of me and you all do the same. At the same time say, "good job, good job."

↡ Advertisement

On 3/20/2023 at 10:23 AM, Jman888 said:

I thought they announced previously that all records were deleted when they declare pandemic over.

Ha! I'm not that naive and gullible . 

Turbocharged
On 3/19/2023 at 10:29 AM, Windwaver said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/singapore-residents-positive-overall-quality-life-post-covid-19-pandemic-government-survey-3357876

About 70% of Singapore residents positive about overall quality of life post-pandemic: Government survey

The survey findings, from an online poll involving 1,052 respondents, were released a day before a White Paper on Singapore's response to COVID-19 is set to be debated in Parliament.

SINGAPORE: More than 70 per cent of Singapore residents who took part in a government survey felt that their overall quality of life was the same or better in 2023, compared with 2019 before the COVID-19 pandemic.

But a higher proportion of youths aged 15 to 19 reported a drop in their quality of life and their ability to manage their mental health, compared with before the pandemic.

The survey was commissioned by the Ministry of Communications and Information (MCI) and was conducted by RySense from Jan 31 to Feb 6. Polling was done online and involved 1,052 Singapore residents aged 15 and above.

The findings were released on Sunday (Mar 19), a day before a White Paper on Singapore’s response to COVID-19 is set to be debated in Parliament.

The White Paper looks at what the country did and did not do well during the pandemic.

Writing on Facebook and LinkedIn, Minister for Communications and Information Josephine Teo called COVID-19 "the crisis of our generation".

"It severely tested the ability of our leaders and government, as well as the resilience of our people," she said in her posts on Sunday.

dsc_5883.jpg?itok=0qBZaZij

What have this "more than 70%" been smoking? I thought cannabis products were banned? [laugh]

To say that post-covid we are not as bad as it could've potentially been, ok, I agree.

But to say that post-covid quality of life is better than 2019?? Maybe the year was stated in fine print?

7% to 8% gst causing the prices of almost everything to be raised by double digit % is called better quality of life? Siao ehh .....

• Praise 1

On 3/24/2023 at 4:54 AM, Sosaria said:

What have this "more than 70%" been smoking? I thought cannabis products were banned? [laugh]

To say that post-covid we are not as bad as it could've potentially been, ok, I agree.

But to say that post-covid quality of life is better than 2019?? Maybe the year was stated in fine print?

7% to 8% gst causing the prices of almost everything to be raised by double digit % is called better quality of life? Siao ehh .....

Plus companies are physically down sizing to save rental,  ask employees work from home.

But no pay adjustments on electricity, electronics, home space,  longer working hours etc. 🤨

On 3/24/2023 at 8:57 AM, Hosaybo said:

自欺欺人

Someone even said it's common flu...but the crowd at hospital not so common like lust time before 2020 hor...😁

On 3/24/2023 at 4:04 PM, Windwaver said:

https://mustsharenews.com/covid-19-cases-march-2023/

S’pore Covid-19 Cases Exceed 10,000 For 2 Straight Weeks, Hospitalisation Incidents Also Increase

FINALLY...... Wifey tested positive for the first time yesterday, but basically feeling okay, even going shopping today in a mask (allowed).

I commented to m son, how times change. Three years we couldn't go out, even feeling fine and negative, now can go out feeling sh!t and testing positive.

• Haha! 3

On 4/4/2023 at 6:40 PM, bsswan said:

FINALLY...... Wifey tested positive for the first time yesterday, but basically feeling okay, even going shopping today in a mask (allowed).

I commented to m son, how times change. Three years we couldn't go out, even feeling fine and negative, now can go out feeling sh!t and testing positive.

When was her last vaccine jab?

On 4/4/2023 at 7:47 PM, Windwaver said:

When was her last vaccine jab?

Hmmm, I think November before spending 2-months in Hong Kong. I forced her to get the bivalant type as her fourth before going, to stick 2-fingers up to HK immigration ☺️

That said, I also had four shots then COVID just a few months later.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
On 4/4/2023 at 8:33 PM, bsswan said:

Hmmm, I think November before spending 2-months in Hong Kong. I forced her to get the bivalant type as her fourth before going, to stick 2-fingers up to HK immigration ☺️

Like many people said after taken covid shot, high chance to tio covid. No take covid shot no tio covid. Until now still dont know if this is just myth or it is true. 😅

Supersonic
On 4/4/2023 at 6:40 PM, bsswan said:

If tio covid but feeling okay, then nevermind even it is positive la. Esp now even covid positive also can roam around and life as per normal.

On 4/4/2023 at 8:33 PM, bsswan said:

Maybe just don't strain her too much for 2 weeks, never know what will happen so better to stay on the safe side.

On 4/4/2023 at 10:16 PM, Windwaver said:

Maybe just don't strain her too much for 2 weeks, never know what will happen so better to stay on the safe side.

Her company needs MC so went to the doctor this morning....... three-days S/L. That's the current state of play so there's no chance I'm looking after her for two-weeks 🤭, specially as she can go back to work first.

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
On 4/5/2023 at 3:51 PM, bsswan said:

Her company needs MC so went to the doctor this morning....... three-days S/L. That's the current state of play so there's no chance I'm looking after her for two-weeks 🤭, specially as she can go back to work first.

Unless the company still so good or scare and still follow the last time covid protocol, if employee tio covid they only allow them to return to work when negative or after 7 days, no need to see MC. But think most companies now only see doctor issued MC, if no MC, even covid positive also must come to work.

On 4/5/2023 at 3:51 PM, bsswan said:

Buy more bird nest for her to drink :grin:

birds_nest_collagen_rose_beverage_front_

↡ Advertisement