COVID-19: Living with COVID (Endemic & Opening Up)

Carbon82

56 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Omg, so those people already have some kind of heart condition liao, then how?

Take those inactivated virus vaccine. I just took the yearly flu jab yesterday, last night a bit sore arm today OK liao. I take every year.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

4 hours ago, Starry said:

Ok..I get it......she had  underlying heart condition.  

But can I ask why her heart condition only "blows up" after the vaccination?  Why not one month or even one day before the vaccination? 

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/39-year-olds-death-due-heart-failure-not-direct-cause-covid-19-vaccination-national-heart

Try reading.

It details her medical history with the two centres - stating that she was first admitted to the NUHCS for management of her cardiac condition in July 2021.

It said: "At the time, Covid-19 vaccination was not assessed to be a direct cause of her heart failure. Other causal factors such as genetic causes were considered, taking into account her family history."

It adds that later in September, Ms Seah underwent a Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) heart scan, with the results suggesting that an idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy (disease of the heart muscle) was the underlying cause of her condition.

The statement adds that she then sought a second opinion and treatment for her cardiac condition at the NHCS in December 2021.

It said: "During her hospitalisation, the medical team discussed with her and her family on how to better manage her cardiac condition with various device implantation options,

"As the patient needed time to consider the options, a follow-up appointment was scheduled in January 2022. Unfortunately, she passed away a day prior to the appointment. NHCS has met the patient's family and addressed their concerns."

It is most unfortunate she pass away before she could decide what to do.

May she RIP.

Edited by Watwheels

5 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

"Koh was warded both at the Institute of Mental Health and now SGH. Her lawyer said it is presently unclear what the reasons for her hospitalisation are.

However, he said it was "unlikely to be COVID-19", to his knowledge."

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

"Koh was warded both at the Institute of Mental Health and now SGH. Her lawyer said it is presently unclear what the reasons for her hospitalisation are.

However, he said it was "unlikely to be COVID-19", to his knowledge."

Never say never. 😁

Let’s see.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Koh was warded both at the Institute of Mental Health and now SGH. Her lawyer said it is presently unclear what the reasons for her hospitalisation are.

However, he said it was "unlikely to be COVID-19", to his knowledge.

Her lawyer said not covid.

I thought her lawyer is that Ravi. They are good friends blah blah blah. Now her lawyer is Clarence Lun.

Her husband claimed on his fb page that the Thomas, clinic assistant secretly want to charge patients $5K for the fake cert and wants to pocket it himself. I think cannot view liao. Just now I can still read it.

Now the Thomas guy claims he is just a "middle man" in court.

Edited by Watwheels

I dunno how she and the anti vaxxer group can get so bold.

https://www.prolificskins.com/forum/current-affairs/healing-the-divide-sues-sph-over-article-written-by-salma-khalik

One of Singapore’s biggest media this morning rejected legal claims by a group of anti-vaxxers that it published false information about the coronavirus.

Singapore Press Holdings said it would defend itself against a meritless lawsuit filed late last month by a group called Healing the Divide over an opinion piece by its senior health correspondent urging differential treatment of the unvaccinated.

“We have received the legal notice. We believe that there is no basis for the application. We stand by our report and will defend this rigorously,” SPH told Coconuts today.

The lawsuit was announced by the group yesterday, which said it filed it under Section 15 of the Protection from Harassment Act.

“As the main source of information in this country, we feel that they have both a legal and moral obligation to present the facts regarding COVID-19 and the pandemic and we would like to hold them to account,” the statement read, adding that they were hoping the court would issue a correction order to SPH.

It targets two statements based on widely supported understanding of the virus and seems more likely to win attention than impress a court of law.

The group, with over 800 followers, said it was not suing the company for harassment but for “making false statements of fact” in the article Only fair to protect vulnerable in S’pore against Covid-19 spread by unvaccinated people written by Senior Health Correspondent Salma Khalik in August.

In it, Khalik said those who are unvaccinated were not being fair and putting others at risk of contracting the virus, and that the government should not subsidize their treatment or insure them.

They specifically pointed out two statements in the article: “Only fair to protect vulnerable in S‘pore against Covid-19 spread by unvaccinated people.” and “People who are not vaccinated face a much higher risk of getting infected and spreading the disease.”

Both statements are supported by scientific consensus. The group did not elaborate on why it found them false.

The group also did not identify the member who filed the lawsuit on Oct. 28. Healing the Divide did not immediately respond to a message from Coconuts seeking comment.

In response to the group’s next steps, it said that “the wheels of justice turn slowly” and a pre-trial conference is set for the end of the month.

On Sunday, the Ministry of Health announced that YouTube removed videos that spread misinformation about the vaccines from founder Iris Koh’s channel for violating the platform’s “medical misinformation policy.” She had also been suspended from Facebook previously for the same reasons.

Koh responded to the news saying they are not anti-vaxxers but rather ”intelligent vaxxers.” On her site, she publishes rambling pieces filled with misinformation, such as last month’s reality-challenged entry “Can we POFMA Science?”

As of Tuesday, 85% of Singapore has been fully vaccinated.

Must be quite serious. When they charge her it was done on a Sunday when the courts are usually closed. Now the 3 of them has got their charge upgraded to potentially 20years in prison. Not bailable and must stay in remand. She still want to spend cny with family. Very unlikely.

Edited by Watwheels

Supercharged
39 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/39-year-olds-death-due-heart-failure-not-direct-cause-covid-19-vaccination-national-heart

Try reading.

It details her medical history with the two centres - stating that she was first admitted to the NUHCS for management of her cardiac condition in July 2021.

It said: "At the time, Covid-19 vaccination was not assessed to be a direct cause of her heart failure. Other causal factors such as genetic causes were considered, taking into account her family history."

It adds that later in September, Ms Seah underwent a Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) heart scan, with the results suggesting that an idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy (disease of the heart muscle) was the underlying cause of her condition.

The statement adds that she then sought a second opinion and treatment for her cardiac condition at the NHCS in December 2021.

It said: "During her hospitalisation, the medical team discussed with her and her family on how to better manage her cardiac condition with various device implantation options,

"As the patient needed time to consider the options, a follow-up appointment was scheduled in January 2022. Unfortunately, she passed away a day prior to the appointment. NHCS has met the patient's family and addressed their concerns."

It is most unfortunate she pass away before she could decide what to do.

May she RIP.

I did read, but the above all came only after she had a 2nd jab.....which is in May 2021

Maybe my IQ low, ...........and RIP to her. Sad to hear such stories.

Edited by Starry

20 minutes ago, Starry said:

I did read, but the above all came only after she had a 2nd jab.....which is in May 2021

My question is......why didn't her underlying condition "blow up" before the  2nd jab? Why only after the 2nd jab? 

Sorry bro...my IQ quite low one...

The vaccination might be an indirect cause to her heart failure but it is not the direct cause. I mean there is a difference, her condition reaction to the vaccine wasnt immediate. 

Your question I think even experts have difficulty answering. Why didnt her condition has an averse effect even after the first shot? If it is so deadly to her...

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

6 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Take sinopharm to minimise the risk.

5 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Take those inactivated virus vaccine. I just took the yearly flu jab yesterday, last night a bit sore arm today OK liao. I take every year.

Even those who have heart condition and even go ask cardiologist, they would also tell can go take mrna vaccine. No need worry. 😅

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

Who can answer this PSLE question?

This type of idiot man.

Of course you 8 pax sit same table and yak yak together across the 2 empty seats, no one under official duties will dare to give you green light.

It is obviously meant for 2 DIFFERENT social groups each sitting at 1 table (max 5 + max 3).

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Jellandross said:

Anti vaxx auntie no jab also tio hospitalized - kena arrested got side effects one meh?

If anti vaxx than go all the way. Creating fake vax cert is contradicting her own beliefs. 

27 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

This type of idiot man.

Of course you 8 pax sit same table and yak yak together across the 2 empty seats, no one under official duties will dare to give you green light.

It is obviously meant for 2 DIFFERENT social groups each sitting at 1 table (max 5 + max 3).

Ya. I agree with you. 2 groups. 1 grp 5 another 3. Unless I misunderstood his questions. 

1 hour ago, Stratovarius said:

If anti vaxx than go all the way. Creating fake vax cert is contradicting her own beliefs. 

Ya. I agree with you. 2 groups. 1 grp 5 another 3. Unless I misunderstood his questions. 

It'd be 2 groups. Unlikely have a scenario 8 people go hawker centre, as there's hardly a chance to come across tables like this which can seat all of them in a group.

If there's really a group of 8 it is more likely they will be split up and sitting a distance away from each other.

Anyway why nitpick. Near my place, the basketball court already hosting 5 vs 5 (=10) [laugh]

11 hours ago, Beregond said:

Very hard for her to get any case. Its nine month after 2nd shot, 

My neighbour who pass away 2 day after 2nd shot, and aunt who pass away 5 days after 2nd shot got no case also .

15 minutes warranty, down from 30.