COVID-19: Living with COVID (Endemic & Opening Up)

Carbon82

14 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

Looks like everywhere is spiking again ..... matter of time we face the same situation, now that one south asia country can come liao....

better be prepared and get ready....😪

I don’t know how to get ready man. 😓

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

17 hours ago, Starry said:

Some countries and communities have been lured into a “false sense of security” that the pandemic’s over and the vaccinated are fully protected against Covid, WHO Director-General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told reporters during an update Wednesday in Geneva.

“Even if you’re vaccinated, continue to take precautions to prevent becoming infected yourself, and to infecting someone else who could die,” WHO Director-General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said.

“That means wearing a mask, maintaining distance, avoiding crowds and meeting others outside if you can, or in a well-ventilated space inside,” he said.

Though the majority of reported Covid cases worldwide are in Europe, Tedros added that “no country or region is out of the woods” just yet.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/24/who-tells-fully-vaccinated-to-wear-masks-physically-distance-as-infections-surge.html

Edited by Odyssey2011
  • Praise 3

56 minutes ago, Loki said:

https://mothership.sg/2021/11/iris-koh-raymond-ng-investigation/

And we have these jokers who deliberately encouraged other anti-vaxxers to flood the MOH hotlines

I have taken 3 jabs myself and have little patience for these anti-vaxxers.  But I don't think these duo were out to launch a DDOS attack on the hotline.    I think they merely wanted to let the authorities know the weight of the views of those that chosed to be unvaxed.  Maybe hotline is too general, but prior to these incident, I too thought that hotlines were a legitimate channel to give feedback. It's a difficult position for the authorities to be in because they have to safeguard the medical services from being overwhelmed by covid cases by promoting vaccination.  And yet, those who have views against vaccination are not wrong to voice their views and to try convince others.  However you put it, they are deprived of the right from entering malls, public facilities etc.  As I said, difficult issue for the authorities..

1 hour ago, Loki said:

https://mothership.sg/2021/11/iris-koh-raymond-ng-investigation/

And we have these jokers who deliberately encouraged other anti-vaxxers to flood the MOH hotlines

From Today

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/man-48-and-woman-45-under-probe-allegedly-instigating-people-overwhelm-public-hotlines

Anti-Covid-19 vaccine group founder, husband under police probe for allegedly instigating people to overwhelm public hotlines

• Police are probing a 48-year-old man and a 45-year-old woman for allegedly instigating others to overwhelm public hotlines 
  • The pair are Ms Iris Koh, founder of an anti-vaccine group, and her husband Raymond Ng, TODAY understands
  • In October, the duo allegedly incited more than 2,000 members of a Telegram group to call the hotlines and give feedback on stricter Covid-19 measures for unvaccinated persons
  • Group members were also encouraged to call the hotlines again the next day

I think that's a little too much, why waste man hours doing useless stuff?

1 hour ago, Odyssey2011 said:

Some countries and communities have been lured into a “false sense of security” that the pandemic’s over and the vaccinated are fully protected against Covid, WHO Director-General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told reporters during an update Wednesday in Geneva.

“Even if you’re vaccinated, continue to take precautions to prevent becoming infected yourself, and to infecting someone else who could die,” WHO Director-General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said.

“That means wearing a mask, maintaining distance, avoiding crowds and meeting others outside if you can, or in a well-ventilated space inside,” he said.

Though the majority of reported Covid cases worldwide are in Europe, Tedros added that “no country or region is out of the woods” just yet.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/24/who-tells-fully-vaccinated-to-wear-masks-physically-distance-as-infections-surge.html

Since day 1 of Covid. Best way to PREVENT getting Covid.

- wearing mask

- wash hands

- avoid mingling

- keep safety distance

• Praise 6

3 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

- wearing mask

- wash hands

- avoid mingling

- keep safety distance

Yes, still the safest way. Like anything else, the basics are the most important. 

I just stay at home. Leave house just to walk-down tabao within 10 minutes or to drive the car around before the battery fails.

• Praise 5

13 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

- wearing mask

- wash hands

- avoid mingling

- keep safety distance

i self quarantined WFH for 2 years liao

4DB5C26D-37CC-440F-82C0-9740B70471BE.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 9

7 hours ago, Kb27 said:

It shows that herd immunity doesn't work.

Scientist will have to come up with a new theory.

But sg seems to still believe herd immunity work?

• Praise 2

6 hours ago, Spidey10 said:

Looks like everywhere is spiking again ..... matter of time we face the same situation, now that one south asia country can come liao....

better be prepared and get ready....😪

Back to square one again? Esp sg opened so many VTL. Looks like 2022 not much difference from 2021?

• Praise 4

10 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Back to square one again? Esp sg opened so many VTL. Looks like 2022 not much difference from 2021?

So 2020 was the prelude to 2021. Now…..what’s 2022 then? Armageddon?

43 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

So 2020 was the prelude to 2021. Now…..what’s 2022 then? Armageddon?

Really cannot tahan if 2022 still the same as 2021, esp cannot tahan keeps taking vaccination. Lol.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

The Covid-19 pandemic was preventable, an independent review panel has said.

The panel, set up by the World Health Organization, said the combined response of the WHO and global governments was a "toxic cocktail".

The WHO should have declared a global emergency earlier than it did, its report said, adding that without urgent change the world was vulnerable to another major disease outbreak.

↡ Advertisement