COVID-19: Living with COVID (Endemic & Opening Up)

Carbon82

7 hours ago, Ender said:

From what I read, long covid can be virus induced or immune response induced. The lung fibrosis you mentioned is virus induced. It's a direct damaged done left behind by  the virus after it has been defected.. Personally I had experience this more than  10 years ago when I had pnemonia.

The other type is caused by a overactive  immune response. They attacks multiple organs. Even asymptomatic  or very mild ones also can get this sort of long covid , long after the virus has gone.

Now I am thinking about my sudden hyperthryoidism, could this be it?

The other type should be MIS-C.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

😅

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/covid-19-omicron-variant-singapore-airlines-sq211-sydney-johannesburg-positive-2345676

Two travellers from South Africa who transited in Singapore test positive for Omicron COVID-19 variant in Sydney

The passengers arrived in Sydney on Singapore Airlines SQ211, which departed Singapore at 10.30am on Sunday (Nov 28) and landed in Sydney at 9.20pm the same day.

• Praise 1

16 hours ago, Beregond said:

The thing to be concern about is not megatron will land or not.

We only need to be concern how dangerous megatron will be when he landed😐

Nope

is who kena

:XD:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

16 hours ago, Kopites said:

🤔 transit. Not our problem though. Heng ah! Otherwise gonna be embarrassing.

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/australia/omicron-in-australia-nsw-slams-who-for-staying-silent-no-new-variant/news-story/2c2ed3594d4f1b05dfdc22da66ea1fe1

Two more Omicron cases in NSW

Genomic testing has confirmed two more overseas travellers who recently arrived in NSW have been infected with the Omicron variant.

That brings the total number of Omicron cases in the state to four.

Both passengers arrived in Sydney from southern Africa on Singapore Airlines flight SQ211 on Sunday. They are fully vaccinated and isolating in Special Health Accommodation.

Everyone on the flight is considered a close contact and will need to get tested immediately for Covid and isolate, NSW Health says, regardless of their vaccination status.

Will the plane tio confined 7 7 49 days to disinfect?

9 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Some nights are quite bad.

When I lay on my back to sleep, I'll get breathless but feel better when I sit up or sleep on tummy.

Cannot sleep properly.

Can you breath well when you use your mouth to breath? 

i had the same symptoms, using my nose to breath was difficult - don't have any running nose, or flu...but it was difficult getting air in...but when i use my mouth to breath it was ok....

but during the day, working and walking about doing my business, no issue...funny..

i then went to ENT to check, and wow...they found "grapes" growing in my nose..😩

Edited by Spidey10
  • Praise 2

25 minutes ago, Beregond said:

😅

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/covid-19-omicron-variant-singapore-airlines-sq211-sydney-johannesburg-positive-2345676

Two travellers from South Africa who transited in Singapore test positive for Omicron COVID-19 variant in Sydney

The passengers arrived in Sydney on Singapore Airlines SQ211, which departed Singapore at 10.30am on Sunday (Nov 28) and landed in Sydney at 9.20pm the same day.

And...

South Africa's president has condemned travel bans  enacted against his country and its neighbours over the new coronavirus variant Omicron.

Cyril Ramaphosa said he was "deeply disappointed" by the action, which he described as unjustified, and called for the bans to be urgently lifted.

The UK, EU and US are among those who have imposed travel bans.

Really ? Who's going to protect your own country ? South Africa ?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Kb27 said:

And...

South Africa's president has condemned travel bans  enacted against his country and its neighbours over the new coronavirus variant Omicron.

Cyril Ramaphosa said he was "deeply disappointed" by the action, which he described as unjustified, and called for the bans to be urgently lifted.

that's also the reason why country slow or act blur to declare new variant ... sure kena "labelled" ... [sly] 

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, Ender said:

From what I read, long covid can be virus induced or immune response induced. The lung fibrosis you mentioned is virus induced. It's a direct damaged done left behind by  the virus after it has been defected.. Personally I had experience this more than  10 years ago when I had pnemonia.

The other type is caused by a overactive  immune response. They attacks multiple organs. Even asymptomatic  or very mild ones also can get this sort of long covid , long after the virus has gone.

Now I am thinking about my sudden hyperthryoidism, could this be it?

it is possible, but day in day out also many people get hyperthyroidism out of the blue, best not too dwell too much into this, if not more stress = more serious.  

• Praise 2

8 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

And...

again shows how silly it is for people to blame China at the beginning of the Wuhan outbreak two years ago.  

• Haha! 1

India just announce all travelers need to be quarantine for 7 days and elf isolate another 7 days......hhhmmm no more VTL with SG?🙄

Those who plan could be looking at some restrictions... 

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

India just announce all travelers need to be quarantine for 7 days and elf isolate another 7 days......hhhmmm no more VTL with SG?🙄

Even India is more 谨慎 than Singapore. 🤣

• Haha! 5

23 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

Is call one way VTL.  Those come here don’t need quarantine.  

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Spidey10 said:

Can you breath well when you use your mouth to breath? 

i had the same symptoms, using my nose to breath was difficult - don't have any running nose, or flu...but it was difficult getting air in...but when i use my mouth to breath it was ok....

but during the day, working and walking about doing my business, no issue...funny..

i then went to ENT to check, and wow...they found "grapes" growing in my nose..😩

Hi buddy, in my case it doesn't make a difference but it's good to point things out.

When I have difficulty breathing, the feeling is like being underwater.

Anyway, I didn't have heart arrhythmia at all before my 2nd Pfizer jab.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Kb27 said:

And...

Precisely but I can understand their point. I think all countries should work something out for future outbreaks to incentivize the first responders, credits to them for being the early birds.

As for SG, I think this time round we acted fast enough to place travel bans but somehow I have a feeling it's not going to do much anyway.

Just hope that Omicron isn't as lethal as Delta.

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Hi buddy, in my case it doesn't make a difference but it's good to point things out.

Cannot say anything bad about the vaccine else kenna POFMA.

https://mothership.sg/2021/11/pofma-goh-meng-seng-cheah-kit-sun/?fbclid=IwAR0rE7QDYOwB9VTXmiUR6DzLRQVPI91PVUgdhIot22rbOl8rVS1Jz9xi0E4

22 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Ahh...ok, no difference that means is not the nose...

my case was, perplexing as thru nose it was difficult but thru mouth it was ok....also as you said very uncomfortable to sleep in such conditions 

better go check it out bro..

↡ Advertisement