COVID-19: Living with COVID (Endemic & Opening Up)

Carbon82

11 hours ago, Kb27 said:

I'm not pro-PAP, but I think OYK is fully engaged and doing an extremely difficult tasks right now. While his colleagues can probably yawn and sleep in Parliament.

Sure, there will be brickbats thrown at him, by those who just seek to criticize anything and everything he does.

No.

Our health care workers have sacrificed the most fighting all these Covid battles.

Edited by Odyssey2011
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Singapore's Ranking Drop Highlights Pain of Opening Up After Covid Zero

(Bloomberg) -- Singapore now occupies the lowest spot ever in Bloomberg’s Covid Resilience Ranking for a former No. 1 as the city-state confronts a trail-blazing, but polarizing, shift to living with the virus. 

https://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb/singapore-s-ranking-drop-shows-painful-shift-from-covid-zero

• Shocked 1

32 minutes ago, Odyssey2011 said:

(Bloomberg) -- Singapore now occupies the lowest spot ever in Bloomberg’s Covid Resilience Ranking for a former No. 1 as the city-state confronts a trail-blazing, but polarizing, shift to living with the virus. 

https://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb/singapore-s-ranking-drop-shows-painful-shift-from-covid-zero

Going to number 1 is a curse.... no point.

Just keep it under control and no need to get glorified to pedestal.

1 hour ago, Odyssey2011 said:

Wow, Oct 27 article. 

So whats our ranking now ? 5 Dec ?  

• Haha! 2

53 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Going to number 1 is a curse.... no point.

Just keep it under control and no need to get glorified to pedestal.

Always aim higher but not beyond our limits. 

23 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

Wow, Oct 27 article. 

So whats our ranking now ? 5 Dec ?  

BLOOMBERG RESILIENCE SCORE - 58.1

Edited by Odyssey2011

The more they keep it under control

the higher the ranking will be!

:D

Simi don't need high ranking

just keep it under control.

One leads to the other.

That's how it works.

14 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

Is the tracetogether for show or what? That night went to Newton to eat, by 12mn, nobody at the kiosk doing check ins..

Dont think those check-in personnel working hours same as the opening hours of the hawker centre de? Lol. Many times if you go to hawker centre at 6am plus, dont think there is anyone there doing the check ins? Lol.

29 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Dont think those check-in personnel working hours same as the opening hours of the hawker centre de? Lol. Many times if you go to hawker centre at 6am plus, dont think there is anyone there doing the check ins? Lol.

Only shopping mall that uses gantry for TT will be manned 24/7.

• Praise 1

A lot of people don't want to get vaccinated because they think

mRNA vaccines will change their DNA.

Many govs around the world and doctors have not explained why this cannot happen.

Maybe even some doctors who took the mRNA jabs worry what will happen in 20 years time.

image.png.f291fd9cefacf42df1f2a430ace3d441.png

mRNA vaccines are made by breaking off the spikes on the virus and injecting only the spikes into our bodies to teach our antibodies to recognise the spikes as the enemy and attack them.

mRNA vaccines do not inject the the body of the virus the big ball that contains the RNA that does the damage to our bodies.

I think of this as only breaking of the connector on the USB thumb drive and not the body of the thumb drive that carries the virus programs.

Your computer will be safe if you only stick just the connector into your thumb drive without the body that contains all the nasty viruses that will make your computer sick!

I really hope more people learn about vaccines and the confidence to get vaccinated.

image.png.0f1b17bf1ef9fd783664bdfbff551604.png 

image.png.ab95d091db5b5d3cebd15d183aefdc8e.png

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 1

To be fair taking vaccines also have their risks.

mRNA vaccines must only be injected into the muscle and not into the blood stream.

If they inject the vaccine directly into the blood stream then it goes to the heart and its not good for the heart.

AZ vaccine may cause blood clots when the viral vector enter the bloodstream and binds to a protein called PF4.

In those rare instances scientists said the protein is then attacked by antibodies and that can cause the blood to clot.

Unfortunately there is no perfect vaccine but I really believe the benefits outweigh the risks.

I had 3 shots of Moderna including the booster.

Different people have different motivations in life.

Some people die die won't take the vaccine but when they hear can go VTL faster went to get their jabs.

Some people are not convinced by the science but just tell them can go shopping centre immediately went to get vaccinated! 

Different strokes for different folks!

Many companies are doing their bit.

Get vaccinated and get free fries.

I want to do my bit too.

Any good looking young lady that get vaccinated can get a free 30 minute foot massage.

If the want me to massage higher up must get the booster!

Offer valid to 31 Dec 2021 on a first come first serve basis.

Edited by Jamesc

As the current wave of Delta infections subsides, MOH will stop issuing daily press releases on infection statistics from 7 December 2021.  However the same infection statistics will still be updated on the MOH website on a daily basis. MOH will continue to update the public on significant COVID-19 developments, including information on the Omicron variant through regular media statements.

https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/update-on-local-covid-19-situation_6_December_2021

No more headline news

Edited by Yamapi
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1