COVID-19: Living with COVID (Endemic & Opening Up)

Carbon82

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

Yes, but the other edge of the sword is people WFH don't spread to co-workers and even put other commuters on public transit at risk. 

Exactly, I think it's almost 100% WFO these days.

If ivory tower doesn't mandate WFH, that is never going to be mainstream and whatever we have done these 2 years with regards to remote working will all go down the drain.

WFH is a very good way to cut down cases especially for people that are more backend based.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

This sounds like 斷章取義 aka out of context

🤭

Well, so is the gif. I am just responding to it. Jokingly of course.

• Haha! 1

(edited)
15 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Exactly, I think it's almost 100% WFO these days.

If ivory tower doesn't mandate WFH, that is never going to be mainstream and whatever we have done these 2 years with regards to remote working will all go down the drain.

WFH is a very good way to cut down cases especially for people that are more backend based.

Basically, my suspicion (and this is a worldwide thing, not limited to Singapore) is the push to WFO again for sedentary white collar executives is driven mainly by interest in preserving commercial property value. All the other simi sai reasons like team building, home-based distractions are all bulls**t corporate/HR window dressing. In the history of the world, when money clashes against lives, money always wins. But what do I know? I'm just a doctor, not some high falutin' finance type. 🙄

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 4

5 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Basically, my suspicion (and this is a worldwide thing, not limited to Singapore) is the push to WFO again for sedentary white collar executives is based mainly on interest in preserving commercial property value. All the other simi sai reasons like team building, home-based distractions are all bulls**t corporate/HR window dressing. In the history of the world, when money clashes against lives, money always wins. But what do I know? I'm just a doctor, not some high falutin' finance type. 🙄

Our ivory tower is mainly made up of highly paid ministers but I really hope they can be more hands on and understand the ground better. Appearing once or twice in a year on the ground is nothing.

Fortunately for me, hot desking is a privilege I had way before COVID and it worked out pretty well for my organization. When people tell me WFH doesn't work, I think it's more of a implementation problem and most of the time, it comes from senior management.

WFH is a quick, effortless and cheap way to turn things around. Ivory tower can at least mandate 2 or 3 days WFH/WFO to reduce the spread but they seem to be oblivious.

confused-perplexed.gif

• Praise 2

44 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Our ivory tower is mainly made up of highly paid ministers but I really hope they can be more hands on and understand the ground better. Appearing once or twice in a year on the ground is nothing.

Fortunately for me, hot desking is a privilege I had way before COVID and it worked out pretty well for my organization. When people tell me WFH doesn't work, I think it's more of a implementation problem and most of the time, it comes from senior management.

WFH is a quick, effortless and cheap way to turn things around. Ivory tower can at least mandate 2 or 3 days WFH/WFO to reduce the spread but they seem to be oblivious.

confused-perplexed.gif

Frankly, strict no-nonsense mask mandates and social distancing are easier measures to sell than WFH in my view. Though I agree with you. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

Frankly, strict no-nonsense mask mandates and social distancing are easier measures to sell than WFH in my view. Though I agree with you. 

Expecting people to behave without enforcement is next to impossible but I'm still wearing my mask in office and outdoors.

• Praise 2

Supersonic
6 hours ago, Tkseah said:

1 July onwards no more subsidized rate of $10 to see GP for respiratory symptoms.. 😢

How much to pay for ART and PCR test?

Hypersonic
(edited)
9 hours ago, 13177 said:

How much to pay for ART and PCR test?

Next time bring your own ART kit.

BYOK.

Nowadays so cheap outside. 25 kits for $61.25.

🤣

Edited by Fcw75
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
6 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If she tio near NDP then how? No president grace the parade liao?

still a month away leh.. an lah..

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

If she tio near NDP then how? No president grace the parade liao?

Next week, she can grace NDP Parade

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

still a month away leh.. an lah..

Aiya, i just mean what if she so sway and tio covid near NDP la. Lol. But lucky she tio now.

• Haha! 1