Tesla app also got outage, owners can't start car

Fitz4i

Tesla drivers say they have been locked out of their cars after an outage struck the carmaker's app.

Dozens of owners posted on social media about seeing an error message on the mobile app that was preventing them from connecting to their vehicles.

Tesla chief executive Elon Musk personally responded to one complaint from a driver in South Korea, saying on Twitter: "Checking."

Mr Musk later said the app was coming back online.

The Tesla app is used as a key by drivers to unlock and start their cars.

Owners posted a multitude of complaints online about not being able to use their vehicles.

"I'm stuck an hour away from home because I normally use my phone to start [my] car," one owner tweeted.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-59357306

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 12

3 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Pay to suffer. Still loving their Tesla? 

Use key ppl say cheap skate. Must use sensor and push start. 

Now use push start ppl say outdated. Must use hp and apps then can.

Next is what? Creating own problem for ourself only🤣

• Haha! 5

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

Use key ppl say cheap skate. Must use sensor and push start. 

Now use push start ppl say outdated. Must use hp and apps then can.

Next is what? Creating own problem for ourself only🤣

Like door handles/locks. Direct mechanical connections replaced with electric buttons and pop-out handles. Adding additional points of failures. And by the already unreliable Conti and US car makers so more.

• Haha! 3

7 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Like door handles/locks. Direct mechanical connections replaced with electric buttons and pop-out handles. Adding additional points of failures. And by the already unreliable Conti and US car makers so more.

Never encountered any problem with Japanese keyless entry system in my more than 10-15 years of using them over various cars. Or at least nothing a remote battery change cannot solve. 

• Praise 4

That’s no different from the multitudes of people locked out of their homes - those with door locks having finger-print or facial recognition.

Sometimes, even a mere cardkey access system will give “Read Error”.

Nothing beats the good ol’ key locking system.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Someone from C&C told me the Latest S-Class also alot of Problems,alot of these Problematic Car Owners very unhappy.

Haha. Too bad. Too many electronics these days. And unlike in the past, majority of the electronics now are built as consumer spec which is shorter lifespan. With lower nm chips, for sure less reliable.
Auto makers and their suppliers don’t really have much of a choice as even an auto grade chip these days cuts lots of corners. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

Phone out of batt also problem. Tesla has a key card so keep that in the wallet and won't have the problem when app or phone not working

• Praise 2

44 minutes ago, Vid said:

Phone out of batt also problem. Tesla has a key card so keep that in the wallet and won't have the problem when app or phone not working

People also don't bring wallet anymore - payment also by phone. Vaccinated status also phone. 

Next better embed the key chip under the skin. Won't forget.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

Haha. Too bad. Too many electronics these days. And unlike in the past, majority of the electronics now are built as consumer spec which is shorter lifespan. With lower nm chips, for sure less reliable.

Last time I stayed in one condo … and within 3 years after TOP, many of the units’ entrance-video/intercom system started to fail one by one.  MC said bo pian, cos no spare part and the brand’s AD already close shop here.

So LL gotta wait for more units to fail and then later, dip into sinking fund to replace the whole estate’s setup!

Electronic equipment are mostly good for only the first x years … after that, they can and will fail.  Indeed.  Such is the state of disposable consumerism that technology progress has brought us to, this millennium.

• Haha! 2

Is like that de

last time in terminator show also like this

once the computer down, all the minion cannot work liao

then have to get very old machine to do work

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

7 minutes ago, merc280v6 said:

Last time I stayed in one condo … and within 3 years after TOP, many of the units’ entrance-video/intercom system started to fail one by one.  MC said bo pian, cos no spare part and the brand’s AD already close shop here.

So LL gotta wait for more units to fail and then later, dip into sinking fund to replace the whole estate’s setup!

Electronic equipment are mostly good for only the first x years … after that, they can and will fail.  Indeed.  Such is the state of disposable consumerism that technology progress has brought us to, this millennium.

I encounter this failure at the previous condo. All card access reader fail. Lift is operating in limbo mode because it is not possible to scan card to enable selection of level going up. Worst, door access to stairs are disabled as well. Slowly the lift lobby starts getting crowded. My wife and I were rushing home with our baby to feed her. 

It was frustrating until my smart wife decided to call neighbour to enable the lift for us to enable the lift. Some resident got disgruntled further when they went into the lift only to realise they couldn't select their level. 

Check with a few friends and they had similar experience with their condo as well. About time the management to come up with a plan to mitigate such situation. Surely the door/lift access need redundancy.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

10 hours ago, Heartbreakid said:

Anything to do with "smart tech" is just a time bomb with privacy intrusion unknown. 

Younger generation dun think like us unkers liao

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, merc280v6 said:

That’s no different from the multitudes of people locked out of their homes - those with door locks having finger-print or facial recognition.

Sometimes, even a mere cardkey access system will give “Read Error”.

Nothing beats the good ol’ key locking system.

I'm always curious for houses with electronic keys like Ur card key or fingerprint access, if got fire n short-circuit how?

↡ Advertisement