Water-cooled cable charges electric car as fast as pumping petrol

enzoalec92

Internal Moderator
34 minutes ago, enzoalec92 said:

I get your exasperation is related to my other thread about putting out EV fires LOL but, to answer yours and everyone else's replies below...

...Water is still currently the most efficient medium of conducting heat away from surfaces, hence our continued obsession with it.

Of course, some less heat-intensive components will still be air-cooled if they don't need water-cooling, all in the name of cost-savings.

download.jpg.16c4e0661895adf4e3a483aebf45e12a.jpg

Dad, is that you? 😂

It's all about hiring people to solve a problem that never existed to begin with, all in the name of stimulating the economy! Perfect point being: 

More manufacturers are now starting to adopt Porsche's - arguably better - 800V platform, with Hyundai being one of them: https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-hyundai-ev-platform-brings-800v-charging-310-mile-range

next time when I am having fever, I will plug my AIO cooler to my forehead. powered by 1200w PSU. hahahahahahahahha

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, kobayashiGT said:

next time when I am having fever, I will plug my AIO cooler to my forehead. powered by 1200w PSU. hahahahahahahahha

Just make sure you don't use a Gigabyte power supply, or else you'll end up with the same conclusion as touching an EV charging cable that's shorted with coolant!

• Haha! 1

23 hours ago, Wt_know said:

soon someone will kena … [sweatdrop] 

why not each car install a tiny-mini-nuclear cell that can self-power the car for 5 years? [sly] 

https://www.energylivenews.com/2020/09/02/us-startup-unveils-battery-made-from-nuclear-waste-that-could-last-up-to-28000-years/

3D86CA57-E410-45C8-BA32-3DE0D7AA2E9B.gif

This is some cool stuff; thanks for sharing!

↡ Advertisement