LTA cuts 3 bus services plying sectors along Downtown Line

Raubern

Service 22 - Shortened to Eunos Interchange from AMK Interchange (Current Route: AMK to Tampines)

Service 66 - Shortened to loop at Beauty World from Jurong East Interchange. No longer serve the eastern region (Current Route: JE to Bedok)

Service 506 - Shortened to Serangoon Interchange from Jurong East Interchange.  No longer serve the eastern region (Current Route: JE to Upper East Coast)

In addition, Service 65 will be amended to ply Tampines Avenue 4, covering the deleted sectors of Service 22

The changes take effect from 12 December 2021

Forcing people to take DTL 

Edited by Raubern
↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha! 1

What is the issues here? I thought those property near MRT station can command a premium price. 🤔

Edited by Kopites
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
7 hours ago, Raubern said:

Service 22 - Shortened to Eunos Interchange from AMK Interchange (Current Route: AMK to Tampines)

Service 66 - Shortened to loop at Beauty World from Jurong East Interchange. No longer serve the eastern region (Current Route: JE to Bedok)

Service 506 - Shortened to Serangoon Interchange from Jurong East Interchange.  No longer serve the eastern region (Current Route: JE to Upper East Coast)

In addition, Service 65 will be amended to ply Tampines Avenue 4, covering the deleted sectors of Service 22

Woah. all 3 bus services at my house one.Sad.

• Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Whats new? They also modified 4 services and removed 1 bus route last year from my area ops...😠

Indeed nothing new, there always remove bus runs parallel to the MRT line and force people to take MRT. Thats why of any breakdown on the MRT, people would be left stranded with no others alternative.

Service 66 to loop at Beauty World from Jurong East Interchange? They might as well they withdrawn this service, served like not much purpose to run such a short route.

• Haha! 1

39 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Indeed nothing new, there always remove bus runs parallel to the MRT line and force people to take MRT. Thats why of any breakdown on the MRT, people would be left stranded with no others alternative.

Service 66 to loop at Beauty World from Jurong East Interchange? They might as well they withdrawn this service, served like not much purpose to run such a short route.

but why the need for duplication? you don't see duplication in other cities.

I dont want them to have more reasons to increase fares by saying they need to run more services.

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Woah. all 3 bus services at my house one.Sad.

u got take bus 1 ah?? 🤣........ OK lah time to change house now

• Haha! 2

9 hours ago, Raubern said:

AAhhhh...... finally the East Coast Plan 😁

• Haha! 1

42 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

I dont want them to have more reasons to increase fares by saying they need to run more services.

Whether or not they need to run more services, they still have tons of reasons to increase fare de.

Just now, Thaiyotakamli said:

I somehow always prefer to take mrt than bus

For me confirmed i prefer to take MRT than bus, since i easily get motion sickness. Since buses always stop and go, stop and go, sometimes it is really making me feel sick. Lol. Also i cannot stand the average 10 mins to 15 mins waiting time for buses. Even 8 mins i also find long.

• Praise 1

30 minutes ago, 13177 said:

For me confirmed i prefer to take MRT than bus, since i easily get motion sickness. Since buses always stop and go, stop and go, sometimes it is really making me feel sick. Lol. Also i cannot stand the average 10 mins to 15 mins waiting time for buses. Even 8 mins i also find long.

Yah and bus alot stops sometimes blur also and if miss gg

• Haha! 1

33 minutes ago, 13177 said:

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

For 2022 fare review, confirm fare will increase.

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, BanCoe said:

u got take bus 1 ah?? 🤣........ OK lah time to change house now

have lah. I like to take bus. If time allows lah. hahahaha.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1