I need a soundbar for my Prism+ TV, spillover of 11.11 damage

BabyBlade

You can use a simple Ikea shelf too, the key is to make it stable, vibration free. Place the soundbar on it. There's no need for a proprietary one.. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
3 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

Damn sian until now yet to settle the mounting for the SONOS. Was supposed to get the mounting bracket to mount it to the TV but Carousell seller backed out of the deal even though I offered him at his selling price. Pfft. 

can consider this.

https://shopee.sg/-sg-stock-USA-brand-WALI-SONOS-Speaker-Wall-Mount-Bracket-Kit-for-All-New-SONOS-BEAM-Soundbar-Sonos-Playbar-i.202432772.10922811748?sp_atk=3e55a9d3-b421-415d-a75f-7e56bea1958b

I do not get this obsession with soundbars even from established companies like Sonos.A powered bookshelf  + subwoofer should sound better than this and not take up too much place either.

Style, neatness and not with the times ..

Less fussy cabling

and a bookshelf speaker sited too far apart will leave a gap in the centre where the dialogue is😝

Internal Moderator
9 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Mounting Dream Soundbar Mount Sound Bar TV Bracket for Mounting Above or Under TV Fits Most of Sound Bars Up to 22 Lbs, with Detachable Long and Short Extension Plates MD5420 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DW1XOCY/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_PVCC70ZNG51PFKH5SA47

Thinking of something like this instead, attached directly to the TV mount. Currently no stock though. 

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, shrjun said:

I do not get this obsession with soundbars even from established companies like Sonos.A powered bookshelf  + subwoofer should sound better than this and not take up too much place either.

To be honest, right now I'm not completely wowed by the SONOS. But I want to get my SONOS mounted before I make any comments about the overall quality and whether it makes a SIGNIFICANT difference as compared to my stock TV speakers.

Either way I think $799 is a lot to spend on a soundbar and I was willing to splurge on one only because I only needed to pay less than half of the original price. 

9 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

To be honest, right now I'm not completely wowed by the SONOS. But I want to get my SONOS mounted before I make any comments about the overall quality and whether it makes a SIGNIFICANT difference as compared to my stock TV speakers.

they will ask you to add a sub [laugh]

Internal Moderator
3 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

they will ask you to add a sub [laugh]

That was my first thought after I setup the Beam. I immediately texted my bro, I think I need a SONOS SUB. BUT NO LA, SO EX. 

2 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

That was my first thought after I setup the Beam. I immediately texted my bro, I think I need a SONOS SUB. BUT NO LA, SO EX. 

hmm..... ok 听住先 [laugh]

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged

You'll have to temper your expectation of a sound bar of any brand. 

It will definitely sound better than your TV stock speakers. If you look at it logically, how can you make good sound out of a thin TV and that's on top of giving you a screen and making a margin at the same time? Any sb around $4 to 500 and above should definitely give better sound quality than a TV less than $1.2k. 

To make sure you get the best out of your sb will be to do what @therock recommended. A solid table top will give you the best quality possible out of its potential. And place it near the edge. Iirc, you can do a auto tuning through the app. It will bounce frequencies off the shape of and things in your room and adjust accordingly. I thought I noted a slight improvement after doing it but it could be a physiological effect. 

• Praise 1

BTW if you mount it wrongly all that pseudo-Atmos won't work at all and it will sound weird..

I'm happy with my Denon Heos Bar + sub. Added the surround Heos 1 recently and it's great. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, BabyBlade said:

It appears Sonos Beam does not have wall-mount (maybe too heavy), bluetooth and very expensive. I supposed you're paying for the excellent sound.

Cheapo Creative Stage V2 has both. I just need to make 2 holes in the wall and put 2 screws to hang it. Bluetooth can connect to my desktop, so I can play music through it.

I read that Beam should have enough bass, that you don't need another subwoofer. Unless you want one, and have space for it. I also hang V2 subwoofer on the wall, as it is light enough. [:p]

Edited by Kb27

Internal Moderator
26 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

It appears Sonos Beam does not have wall-mount (maybe too heavy), bluetooth and very expensive. I supposed you're paying for the excellent sound.

Cheapo Creative Stage V2 has both. I just need to make 2 holes in the wall and put 2 screws to hang it. Bluetooth can connect to my desktop, so I can play music through it.

I read that Beam should have enough bass, that you don't need another subwoofer. Unless you want one, and have space for it. I also hang V2 subwoofer on the wall, as it is light enough. [:p]

They do have a wall mount, but it's the drill-on type and it's $99. I'm looking for the ones where you can attach it to the tv wall mount at a fraction of the cost. 

Internal Moderator

Some good news. My bro bought a projector. SO... He's giving me his 65" TV which I'll use for my living room. The new LG 55" in my living room I'll relocate it to my room. And then my 43" Prism+ will go to my mum's room. LOL. So far so good with the SONOS, very good for playing music on Spotify! 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

So many features that people may not know and may not be using to its full potential.

They are feature people may not know about.

You can tune it to the shape of your room.

:D 

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 3

13 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

So many features that people may not know and may not be using to its full potential.

They are feature people may not know about.

You can tune it to the shape of your room.

Even the commentator feels there isn't a real Atmos envelop..

Just now, therock said:

Even the commentator feels there isn't a real Atmos envelop..

Yup a sound bar is always going to be limited by its form factor.

You will never get the full Atmos effect without all the other extra speakers.

But if people don't want a room full of speakers then a sound bar is good enough for them

and Sonus although very expensive but sounds a lot lot better than cheaper sound bars.

In that sense its tremendous value.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3