I need a soundbar for my Prism+ TV, spillover of 11.11 damage

BabyBlade

Just now, Ingenius said:

Next, TS @BabyBlade will say she needs a tv box, to watch korean drama.  Recommendations pls, gentlemen.  😄

her prism tv already come with Android tv Netflix, viu, etc.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Ingenius said:

Next, TS @BabyBlade will say she needs a tv box, to watch korean drama.  Recommendations pls, gentlemen.  😄

I don't watch K drama! Only Kingdom. Anyway, I thought Netflix flooded with K drama already? 

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, zipping said:

Sonicgear BT5500 w wireless subwoofer....tis one really budget de, possible to get below 100.

https://www.jayceooi.com/sonicgear-sonicbar-bt5500-airbass-review/

There's Xiaomi also. But I think I can get a decent Creative soundbar for less than $400. Saw some being shared here. 

Internal Moderator
8 hours ago, Watwheels said:

I think the JBL you mentioned is good enough for your room?

The placement of your subwoofer matters. So move it around to get the effect that you want. 

Bass wise to me the source of whatever you are listening to matters. Eg. if the song's sound format has a weak bass to begin with, no matter how good is your sound system it wont bring out more bass. 

The con about sound bars is that you have to use it regularly and keep it away from moisture. If you dont do these it will spoil easily.

The reviews on YouTube not very good. I'll need the soundbar for movies and Spotify. I guess. 

Creative Stage V2 now selling at $129 if u wan a budget set.  Need to consider if the wired sub will be messy in your environment.

• Praise 2

Supercharged

One of the things I looked for in a sound bar is compatible with HDMI CEC. It allows the sound bar to power on and off together with the TV using just a single HDMI connection. Of course one of the TV HDMI port has to be ARC-CEC capable. (Check your TV manual)

Edited by Didu
  • Praise 1

9 hours ago, Invigorated said:

Personally will go for this: creative 360 with Dolby Atmos. Too bad it came after I got my soundbar. This one comes with Dolby Atmos so it's somewhat future ready. Probably the cheapest one with Atmos at that pricing too. Wait for black Friday sale and see if there are offers too. It's bang for buck. But if u have a bigger budget, of cos there are better options out there like the Sonos beam. 

https://www.techadvisor.com/review/creative-stage-360-review-3809529/

Is this good enough for living hall? mine is 65 inch prism+ though. 

1 hour ago, Didu said:

One of the things I looked for in a sound bar is compatible with HDMI CEC. It allows the sound bar to power on and off together with the TV using just a single HDMI connection. Of course one of the TV HDMI port has to be ARC-CEC capable. (Check your TV manual)

Personally I use HDMI ARC but disabled HDMI CEC.. as I prefer to control when I want to use the AVR sound system.  I don't want it to switch on automatically for watching news.

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

woah. this one 12 speaker sia. the sound confirm distorted one. hahahhaha. Middle still got space leh, they should just add 2 more tweeter pods mah. 😂

only if its crap brand. Yamaha uses many many individual drivers. for me only Yamaha for the win. my YSP-2200 has been serving me for 12years.

• Praise 3