S'pore Army gets rid of 5BX, soldiers to do more stretching type workouts

kobayashiGT

40 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

bak kwa can lure ghost from the cemetery? first time i hear.. 🤣

muslim cemetery .

its taken quite seriously that time. i was the first batch of instructor to use those bunks😑

there are talks that recruit dun know and bring bak kwa in. and the whole plt got super high fever report sick type of stories😅

↡ Advertisement

21 minutes ago, Beregond said:

muslim cemetery .

its taken quite seriously that time. i was the first batch of instructor to use those bunks😑

there are talks that recruit dun know and bring bak kwa in. and the whole plt got super high fever report sick type of stories😅

oh.. scary... like you bring haram things and the ghost come and teach you a lesson siah.. 

6 hours ago, 13177 said:

During ICT, most people are not interested in the SAF food la, cause all are civilian and also rich, so got money to buy outside foods. Maybe only a few who are in tight budget would eat SAF food during ICT since it is free.

From my first ICT till last (1998-2008), most of my company guys eat at cookhouse leh. SFI food was so much better then SAF cooks, haha. Furthermore, at Sungei Gedong, outside food is very far. And we can't go out anyway except for Nights' Off. Well, we do go to those canteens once in a while, but mostly is cookhouse 

Edited by Othello
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Othello said:

From my first ICT till last (1998-2008), most of my company guys eat at cookhouse leh. SFI food was so much better then SAF cooks, haha. Furthermore, at Sungei Gedong, outside food is very far. And we can't go out anyway except for Nights' Off. Well, we do go to those canteens once in a while, but mostly is cookhouse 

Hi Sungei Gedong bro hahahaha

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
21 hours ago, mersaylee said:

...becos strawberries won't wake up till noon? 😅

Chao turtle...limpeh lust time had to wake up at 0450, fall in by 0500, stretching exercise till 0515, run like siao lang till 0545 then can eat 4 slices of roti with tiny little spread of butter... sometime lucky got little bit of Jam or Kaya...after that area cleaning before day training commence by 0700 or 0730...🤬

haha, yeah. During BMT, sleep after 12 midnight. Then 7 early 8 early go run 5km in boots before breakfast. Surprisingly all ok leh. Then go cookhouse eat wire bee hoon or loti with a small dap of jam. Draw arms and be ready by 7.30am. No one faint also but maybe got 1 or 2 will face green green. 🤣

Not that I am grumbling why now is so good life. I think progress is good but cannot turn it into a habit. Because when the button is pushed, won't be able to adjust to adverse conditions fast enough.

I have a friend of my age who thinks that more than 20 pushup in NS is cruelty and not the way to train for his son. If you keep hitting only 20 pushups max, how can you progress beyond that? Today run 4km in 25 min, then next week must progress to 5km in 28 min. You need to overload often to get stronger and faster. These young men are at their physical peak level, not like most of us lao cock cock here with some underlying illness. They surely can overload once in a while.

• Haha! 4

Turbocharged
16 hours ago, Beregond said:

night snack is the most wasteful meal. esp  during ICT . more then 60% is alway throw into the bins

It's true. BMT always get red/green bean soup as night snack. Collected at 8pm but we only consume at 12am because just headed back into camp. So the whole platoon given 10 min to eat night snack, bath and nights out. In the end, we opened the sewage manhole and poured everything into it. No wonder the xiao qiang in Tekong so big and fat. 🤣

• Haha! 5

10 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

It's true. BMT always get red/green bean soup as night snack. Collected at 8pm but we only consume at 12am because just headed back into camp. So the whole platoon given 10 min to eat night snack, bath and nights out. In the end, we opened the sewage manhole and poured everything into it. No wonder the xiao qiang in Tekong so big and fat. 🤣

waste of food in bmt and active unit is still not so bad. young man in the 20s can eat alot.

ict is much worst. breakfast is another killer.  how many of u skip breakfast and sleep in . 

if u ever look at how much food is throw away , its a sin. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
2 minutes ago, Beregond said:

waste of food in bmt and active unit is still not so bad. young man in the 20s can eat alot.

ict is much worst. breakfast is another killer.  how many of u skip breakfast and sleep in . 

I did my bit. I consumed all the indented meals, maybe with the exception of occasional tea breaks, during all my ICT sessions. I thought the food quality was quite ok. It's like an average cai png.

• Praise 3

Just now, Kxbc said:

I did my bit. I consumed all the indented meals, maybe with the exception of occasional tea breaks, during all my ICT sessions. I thought the food quality was quite ok. It's like an average cai png.

ya i mostly eat all indented, frankly buay hiam liao , i dun know why so many complain. 

but i skip alot of breakfast 😅( i think about 40% of my company skip breakfast. ) all sleep in, 😂

• Praise 1

Talking about sewage in tekong…one cruel day after all the training programmes waiting for our postings…we were made sai kang cleaners to clear the super smelly sticky muddy sewage drains around our block…our human chain was ineffective to clear as much, as fast as our instructors had asked for…one Indian platoon mate beh tahan us been so guniang…jumped into the ditch and just scooped bucket after bucket of smelly muds and passed to us standing on higher ground…he gained our upmost respect including from the instructors after that incident 💪👍 offered him drinks, biscuits, pad on the back when we were backed in the bunk…

took us almost an hour to bathe that day and the bad smell lingered for days though 😅

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

28 minutes ago, Beregond said:

During my ict most guys won’t consume cookhouse lunch or dinner…until one day csm said all must go…some just dropped the chip into the box and walked out while some got the tray of food jeetao poured away…😅

I boh jee just ate a few servings then went to pour…😁

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

and then at night we go mess... see how many beer and junk food we pack away sia..

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

Talking about sewage in tekong…one cruel day after all the training programmes waiting for our postings…we were made sai kang cleaners to clear the super smelly sticky muddy sewage drains around our block…our human chain was ineffective to clear as much, as fast as our instructors had asked for…one Indian platoon mate beh tahan us been so guniang…jumped into the ditch and just scooped bucket after bucket of smelly muds and passed to us standing on higher ground…he gained our upmost respect including from the instructors after that incident 💪👍 offered him drinks, biscuits, pad on the back when we were backed in the bunk…

took us almost an hour to bathe that day and the bad smell lingered for days though 😅

basket. the unlucky birthday boys would be "asked" to dip themselves in the muddy drain water and hear his happy bday song. siao one

• Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

and then at night we go mess... see how many beer and junk food we pack away sia..

My unit is 1 of the rare stay in unit.

Tomorrow morning ippt. Tonight can drink beer till 11pm at mess😂

But every 1 are adult. Responsible for own body. Most ict guy know when to fall out if they not feeling well.😁

No 1.will go bao toh they never go safety briefing (my coy at least 30% alway miss those safety briefing)

Edited by Beregond
↡ Advertisement