Korean Sect Pastor Pokes Eyes To Heal Covid-19

Fitvip

In Bolehland, they have coconut and bamboo bomoh; In South Korsa, they have pastor who pokes eyes to heal!😫                                                   

IMG_20211125_093047.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 2

they should have listened to our ivory tower multimillionaire lah 

just influenza virus don’t overreact 

rest at home and only 0.2% die lah 

98% no symptom at all 

mouth big brain small 

but they don full ppe whenever visiting recovery facility 🤔🤔🤔

tell people don’t worry but own self scared 😱😱😱

• Haha! 1

Supercharged

I find this from the article interesting:

"I believe it is the church's anti-government beliefs that kept the members from getting the vaccine," the official said

1. If the above is true, how should a government tasked with maintaining a healthcare system to take care of its citizens respond to such organized groups that threaten its Covid strategy? (There's usually a common denominator among countries. i.e. Limited hospital beds, and medical resource)
  2. We can see many anti-vaccination protests in the Western countries. What has these government done to allay their peoples' fear on taking the vaccines? 
  3. Is that something the Korean government can learn from?

2 hours ago, Watwheels said:

It is strange to see so many cult groups in either S.Korea or Japan.

Authoritarian cultures breed this sort of mentality. Authoritarianism is never a good system. Even Singapore is very susceptible. It is simply the substitution of one absolute power structure/belief system/authority for another so even the rebels/disenfranchised are caught in the same trap. 

I'm not as familiar with Korea, but Japan has had, and continues to have, a long struggle with this sort of thing. While Japan is not politically authoritarian (at least officially), the top-down mentality is very strong in East Asian cultures and that's not good. Shoko Asahara (Aum Shinrikyo) was the most egregious one but even in fiction you have entities like the Cult of Kira from Death Note, for example. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

1 minute ago, Turboflat4 said:

Authoritatian cultures breed this sort of mentality. Authoritarianism is never a good system. Even Singapore is very susceptible. It is simply the substitution of one absolute power structure/belief system/authority for another. 

I'm not as familiar with Korea, but Japan has a long struggle with this sort of thing. Shoko Asahara (Aum Shinrikyo) was the most egregious one but even in fiction you have entities like the Cult of Kira from Death Note, for example. 

Rem Kong Heee?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Fitvip said:

In Bolehland, they have coconut and bamboo bomoh; In South Korsa, they have pastor who pokes eyes to heal!😫                                                   

IMG_20211125_093047.jpg

The congregation should count themselves lucky it's only about poking the eyes, not somewhere else! [laugh]

• Haha! 3

3 hours ago, Watwheels said:

It is strange to see so many cult groups in either S.Korea or Japan.

Among asian countries, they seem the most. 

2 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Authoritarian cultures breed this sort of mentality. Authoritarianism is never a good system. Even Singapore is very susceptible. It is simply the substitution of one absolute power structure/belief system/authority for another so even the rebels/disenfranchised are caught in the same trap. 

I'm not as familiar with Korea, but Japan has had, and continues to have, a long struggle with this sort of thing. While Japan is not politically authoritarian (at least officially), the top-down mentality is very strong in East Asian cultures and that's not good. Shoko Asahara (Aum Shinrikyo) was the most egregious one but even in fiction you have entities like the Cult of Kira from Death Note, for example. 

Then how about New Zealand? It is quite liberal over there but I saw a lot of Mormons.

1 hour ago, Ender said:

Among asian countries, they seem the most. 

Dunno. I find cult groups behaviour very weird. It is good for the cult leader though. No short of money and women.

38 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Then how about New Zealand? It is quite liberal over there but I saw a lot of Mormons.

Mormons will be very cross (no pun intended) with you if you call them a cult. Cults are pretty much banned here in sg but they do have a longstanding LDS church here, so make of that what you will.

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1