Pfizer employee ‘stole vaccine secrets’

DOBIEMKZ

Such episode gives Chinese a bad name. :/

Pfizer employee ‘stole vaccine secrets’.

https://www.rt.com/usa/541251-pfizer-employee-vaccine-secrets/

image.thumb.png.734a1f2a76d6179fb76830767bc4ba8e.png

Pfizer has accused a departing employee of making off with a massive trove of confidential documents, including trade secrets related to its Covid-19 vaccine and other drugs, and then attempting an elaborate cover-up.

The Big Pharma firm launched a suit against the staffer, identified as Chun Xiao Li, earlier this week, alleging that she “uploaded over 12,000 files – including scores of confidential Pfizer documents – from her Pfizer-issued laptop to a personal Google Drive account” in late October, and then transferred those files to her own private device. 

“Due to the sheer number of documents Ms. Li misappropriated, Pfizer has yet to understand the full scope of trade-secret and confidential information in her possession,” the company said, adding that while Li now possesses “thousands of documents potentially related to numerous Pfizer vaccines,” the lawsuit is focused on its Covid-19 immunization and monoclonal antibody therapies.

"Given her role and responsibilities as Associate Director of Statistics, Ms. Li had access to highly confidential, proprietary, and trade-secret information related to numerous vaccines and medications, including the Covid-19 vaccine..."

Pfizer also alleges that Li worked with up to five unidentified co-conspirators, and even went as far as to provide a “decoy laptop” to mislead the company’s security team, leaving them to believe it was the device used to exfiltrate the files. However, Pfizer said “forensic analyses” confirmed it was not the same laptop, and that Li – or one of her accomplices – “likely remains in possession of the actual computer that contains those 12,000 files.”

After discovering the document heist, the company said it conducted a review of Li’s emails, file access and web activity on her company-issued laptop, finding that she had been in discussions with a rival pharma firm, Xencor, about a job opportunity. Earlier this month, as Pfizer continued its probe, Li informed superiors that she would be leaving the company, but did not disclose any reason for doing so, including any job offer at Xencor – despite the fact she had already been hired there, and was set to begin work on November 29. 

Given that Li is still thought to possess a large trove of the company’s trade secrets, Pfizer argued that it would be “unjust to permit Ms. Li and anybody with whom she may be working in concert to trade on Pfizer’s successes and experience, whether at Xencor or elsewhere, by leveraging the numerous confidential Pfizer documents she took without permission and refuses to return,” and is therefore seeking a restraining order to bar her from using the material for “her own purposes.”

Despite those allegations, Li has insisted that she’s provided all information requested by Pfizer and cooperated with its investigation, according to the court filing, which also noted that Li has declined further meetings with the company due to unspecified “health issues.”

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
14 minutes ago, Beregond said:

lmao. so where is this Li now?? kenna caught by police liao?

Hard to catch thou. Chun Li leg very strong one, Run road no. 1 😂

latest?cb=20171209215910&f=1&nofb=1

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

55 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

gSFOuCc.gif.d695ffa47ebe2f23bf0cc2aa0de629bf.gif

Chun Li still lose. lol.

But surprised some companies' laptop still can access google drive or drop box. Most already stopped access to these cloud drive. 

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
Just now, Stratovarius said:

gSFOuCc.gif.d695ffa47ebe2f23bf0cc2aa0de629bf.gif

Chun Li still lose. lol.

But surprised some companies' laptop still can access google drive or drop box. Most already stopped access to these cloud drive. 

Must be they download NordVPN.

Now got black friday promo code also. hahahahahah.

• Haha! 2

59 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-pfizer-lawsuit-employee-idUSKBN2I92FW

"Pfizer said Li is resigning after 15 years at the company, and appears to have an offer to join Xencor Inc, a California clinical-stage company focusing on treatments for cancer and autoimmune diseases, on Nov. 29."

14 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Must be they download NordVPN.

Now got black friday promo code also. hahahahahah.

Is it good? I once trial tried ExpressVPN although good but drain battery.

• Haha! 1

LoL...why is Pfizer putting all the blame on one Chinese ex employee?

Is this piece of news even real? What are the Pfizer executives doing all day? They have no security on all the drugs and recipe that they possess? No drug patent, no security. Who will believe in this BS?

Internal Moderator
11 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

Authentic Tiongkok ChunLi 😍😍😍

A9A5F372-4382-485E-A7DB-D87E1FEB5DEE.jpeg

Woah. this one squeezes my brinjal, I scare i will go to hospital.

eggplant-hard.gif

woah. the vein. I scare. i scare.

• Haha! 4

2 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Woah. this one squeezes my brinjal, I scare i will go to hospital.

eggplant-hard.gif

woah. the vein. I scare. i scare.

Don't worry she is a real doctor in real life 😜😜😜

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

After discovering the document heist, the company said it conducted a review of Li’s emails, file access and web activity on her company-issued laptop, finding that she had been in discussions with a rival pharma firm, Xencor, about a job opportunity. Earlier this month, as Pfizer continued its probe, Li informed superiors that she would be leaving the company, but did not disclose any reason for doing so, including any job offer at Xencor – despite the fact she had already been hired there, and was set to begin work on November 29. 

Just want to highlight an important point in the article just in case people didn't read and automatically thinks that this is related to a certain state stealing IP.

Xencor is not a Chinese company. 

Edited by Vinyl
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
4 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

Don't worry she is a real doctor in real life 😜😜😜

Oh. that's assuring. 🤣

She must be A&E dept one, She see patient, she carry up and run to her cubicle. 🤣

bianca-belair-lift.gif

• Haha! 1

18 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

LoL...why is Pfizer putting all the blame on one Chinese ex employee?

Is this piece of news even real? What are the Pfizer executives doing all day? They have no security on all the drugs and recipe that they possess? No drug patent, no security. Who will believe in this BS?

It is only Reuters.

She is Associate Director

42 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

Authentic Tiongkok ChunLi 😍😍😍

A9A5F372-4382-485E-A7DB-D87E1FEB5DEE.jpeg

Bring her home thinking ho seh liao jiak kao kao... she take off jacket realise ji pai si liao... si kiao kiao

• Haha! 4

13 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

It is only Reuters.

She is Associate Director

Frankly amazed she didn't run road to China. Sure well rewarded... or she born and grew up overseas. 

↡ Advertisement