Civil svc year end bonus 2021

RadX

https://www.psd.gov.sg/press-room/press-releases/civil-service-year-end-payments-2021

Civil Service Year-End Payments 2021

25 November 2021

Civil servants appreciated with a 1.0-month year-end bonus.
Junior grade officers to receive additional payment of $500 

In recognition of the sustained hard work and diverse contributions of officers in the fight against COVID-19, the Government, in close consultation with the public sector unions, will pay all civil servants a year-end bonus of 1.0 month. Civil servants in grades equivalent to MX15 and MX16, as well as those in OSS Grades III to V will receive an additional one-time payment of $500. The Government will continue to pay the Non-Pensionable Annual Allowance of 1.0 month to all civil servants.

Over the past year, public officers have continued to dedicate themselves to the national fight against COVID-19 and have worked tirelessly to keep Singapore and Singaporeans safe.

In addition, Singapore’s economy remains on track for a recovery in 2021. The economy expanded by 7.1% on a year-on-year basis in the third quarter of 2021 and the Ministry of Trade and Industry has updated its GDP growth forecast to “around 7.0%” for 2021.  On the labour market front, resident employment grew more quickly in the third quarter, particularly in outward-oriented industries, and unemployment rates declined for the second consecutive month in September 2021. 

In recognition of their sustained hard work and diverse contributions, and against the backdrop of the economic recovery, the Government, in close consultation with the public sector unions, has decided to pay all civil servants a year-end Annual Variable Component (AVC) of 1.0 month. In line with the National Wages Council’s recommendations to uplift the wages of lower-wage workers, civil servants in grades equivalent to MX15 and MX16, as well as those in OSS Grades III to V will receive an additional one-time lump-sum payment of $500. Taken together with the mid-year payments, civil servants will receive a total of 1.3 months in full-year AVC, with those in more junior grades receiving an additional one-time payment of up to $1,200 in 2021.

The Government will continue to pay the Non-Pensionable Annual Allowance (NPAA – 13th month bonus) of 1.0 month to all civil servants.

The Public Service has demonstrated tenacity and resolve in the prolonged battle against COVID-19. The Government deeply appreciates the hard work and perseverance of all public officers in the fight against the pandemic. Working together, we will emerge stronger from this crisis, as a nation.

• Praise 1

most important supreme leeder gang members must have multi million cos they can't leave ivory tower 🤑🤑🤑

normal family 1k good enough

But they need millions to survive

Aiyoh really pity them 😭😭😭

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged

why are we begrudging the bonus given to civil servants? they are people like us who need to feed their families. They are the common man on the street. Their employer is the govt which is formed by whichever is the ruling party at that point of time. It does not mean that they will perform any better or any worse if a different ruling party is in place. Let's not confuse the difference between a civil servant and those who are elected to serve.

And no doubt, these 2 years are hard for them, given the various changes brought about by the pandemic which means a lot more work.

Btw, I am not a civil servant but I think it is unfair they are called out for a bonus they have worked hard for.

• Praise 13

Is ok lah, we don't have, doesn't mean others cannot have lah.

I am worse, last time when I did mask machines, all people say I will get good bonus. But it was a bad time, the whole company not just me alone has to do well instead. So we got nothing and this year, is more about the same, what I make will still top up to the other units that are not doing well too. Then how.....the only lucky thing is I still get promoted with no increment is my only consolation.

Wish those who get are happy lah

• Praise 4

On 11/26/2021 at 10:09 AM, Arogab said:

Is ok lah, we don't have, doesn't mean others cannot have lah.

I am worse, last time when I did mask machines, all people say I will get good bonus. But it was a bad time, the whole company not just me alone has to do well instead. So we got nothing and this year, is more about the same, what I make will still top up to the other units that are not doing well too. Then how.....the only lucky thing is I still get promoted with no increment is my only consolation.

Wish those who get are happy lah

Yah, like i dont have since 2015 ….. everything jiak ka kee.    But at the end of the day, ping ping an an with peace and harmony is most important.  

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
5 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

I think hospitals and medical service people should get 2 months. 

3 months for the medical teams and cleaning staff. They are working really hard. And the bonus should be paid quarterly in equal installments. That will at least help to keep morale up. Imagine getting 0.75 months of bonus every 3 months. I will surely be more motivated. 

↡ Advertisement