Tesla launching at the lights! Woooo 🤭

Beregond

4 hours ago, Beregond said:

without braking . i think 1/2 way through nsh . tesla screaming for recharge liao😂

True for BEVs. I drove a Hyundai Ioniq EV a few times; when it cruising on expressway I could see the (remaining) range depleting; and when in city heavy traffic conditions with many stop and go, the range display could remained same or increased by up to 2 to 3 kms. Another way for BEVs to mitigate range loss or to restore some mileage is to activate or increase the regeneration effect when the foot lifts off the accelerator (felt like increasing the engine-brake effect). Hence whenever the foot is lifted off the accelerator, the battery recharging kicks in, and the level of battery recharging depends on the level of the regeneration selected.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

43 minutes ago, Xers007 said:

The Tesla in video is the PERFORMANCE Model 3, published century sprint is 3.3sec. That is why so fast, only supercar is his match.

or the xDrive G80 M3

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, shrjun said:

or the xDrive G80 M3

The Tesla Performance AWD Model 3 is SGD155K (w/o COE).

The BMW xDrive G80 M3 will be >SGD500K.

Edited by merc280v6
Add Model 3
  • Haha! 3

15 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

In my (not so) old and (slightly more) irresponsible days, I've taken my F10 M5 to Desaru. Along the highway, early am without traffic practically. Hit 289 km/h (stock limiter including gearbox limiter all left intact). From Malaysian customs to resort stretch in just under 25 min.

I wouldn't dream of doing that again. I'm a slow driver nowadays. But your point about the Vmax is very valid. However, in sg, pickup is king, queen, rook and bishop. 😁

N hence a turbo diesel taxi has one of the most usable power range to terrorise the likes of 1.6 bnb cars

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Sdf4786k said:

N hence a turbo diesel taxi has one of the most usable power range to terrorise the likes of 1.6 bnb cars

Turbo Diesel taxi is retiring.

2 hours ago, shrjun said:

or the xDrive G80 M3

M3 Competition is slightly below 4 sec.

To match it, need M5 Comp

• Haha! 1

11 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

True for BEVs. I drove a Hyundai Ioniq EV a few times; when it cruising on expressway I could see the (remaining) range depleting; and when in city heavy traffic conditions with many stop and go, the range display could remained same or increased by up to 2 to 3 kms. Another way for BEVs to mitigate range loss or to restore some mileage is to activate or increase the regeneration effect when the foot lifts off the accelerator (felt like increasing the engine-brake effect). Hence whenever the foot is lifted off the accelerator, the battery recharging kicks in, and the level of battery recharging depends on the level of the regeneration selected.

What you are saying is basically One Pedal Drive that is pretty much a given in any decent EV nowadays. 

• Praise 3

Ever wonder what will happen when you upgrade your car entertainment system with 2 amp, around with component speakers and a sub-woofer??😂

15 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Ever wonder what will happen when you upgrade your car entertainment system with 2 amp, around with component speakers and a sub-woofer??😂

In general, in-car entertainment is run with 12v battery.

There is still 12v battery 

• Haha! 1

20 hours ago, Lotr said:

Wah next time I  also wanna buy teslaaaa

Better go showroom to sit in one and get a feel of the quality before commit.

Looked into one stopping beside me, the lack of dashboard and huge iPad will take some getting use to.

Edited by Atachi
  • Praise 1

20 minutes ago, Atachi said:

Better go showroom to sit in one and get a feel of the quality before commit.

Other than it’s exhilarating motor’s pickup, my expectations for a “high quality” made in China product (and it’s life-cycle longevity), cannot be high lah.

From i-Phones, computers, to audio gadgetry, and home appliances - it’s all about a “dispose and replace” lifestyle, nowsaday.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, inlinesix said:

In general, in-car entertainment is run with 12v battery.

There is still 12v battery 

But I wonder will it take a toll on the total charge or not. 

Anyway, I still not comfortable with EV, what will happen with the batteries when the life ended? I was told they will be used for some solar storage but then and after? I think not really environmental friendly leh

• Praise 2

Just now, Arogab said:

Anyway, I still not comfortable with EV, what will happen with the batteries when the life ended? I was told they will be used for some solar storage but then and after? I think not really environmental friendly leh

It will not affect EV Battery.  Entertainment runs on 12v battery.

There is a battery recycling company in Singapore

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/environment/new-battery-recycling-facility-a-first-in-singapore-and-south-east-asia

Whether you are comfortable or not, it will be coming to you.

😂

• Haha! 1

10 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

It will not affect EV Battery.  Entertainment runs on 12v battery.

There is a battery recycling company in Singapore

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/environment/new-battery-recycling-facility-a-first-in-singapore-and-south-east-asia

Whether you are comfortable or not, it will be coming to you.

😂

I know, but still I won't fancy, I go for those hybrid first then maybe by then I am too old to drive or I only drive it short time only. Anyway, things changes along the way. Not fighting it just living with it and toking kok over it😁

• Haha! 1

39 minutes ago, Arogab said:

EV batteries is recycle world wide. the material is rare, make no sense to dump them

What i am not comfortable is burning gas to charge our EV, and burning gas to run our engine got what different.

but singapore say the power they imported is clean power. 😆

• Haha! 1

25 minutes ago, Arogab said:

I know, but still I won't fancy, I go for those hybrid first then maybe by then I am too old to drive or I only drive it short time only. Anyway, things changes along the way. Not fighting it just living with it and toking kok over it😁

I don't like EV as it is too clinical.  I also like loud exhaust.

I encourage more ppl to buy it.  Otherwise, i will be punished for low takeup rate.

• Praise 1

28 minutes ago, Beregond said:

EV batteries is recycle world wide. the material is rare, make no sense to dump them

What i am not comfortable is burning gas to charge our EV, and burning gas to run our engine got what different.

but singapore say the power they imported is clean power. 😆

Gas burns elsewhere, none of our business 🤭

Perhaps EVs much higher efficient of energy usage? But what are we sacrificing? I couldn't get the whole picture. 

Edited by Phluvcat
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1