Tesla launching at the lights! Woooo 🤭

Beregond

13 hours ago, ortho said:

With its aggressive pricing and relative affordability, looks like Tesla is quickly becoming the car-of-choice for boy racers young and old, much like what the EVOs and WRXs of yore used to be.

No match for a highly tuned V8 or turbo inline 6 from the likes of AMG or BMW M to warm the cockles of the heart of a true driving enthusiast though.. you get what you paid for. 

True driving enthusiast? Lol. I drive an M140i and a Renault Megane RS manual currently (and another boring BnB ICE car) and I am very interested in getting a performance oriented electric car as a fourth car (not quite take the plunge yet). 

When it comes to sound vs speed, speed wins outright everytime in my book. And I've had some noisy (but fast) f**kers before lol. But yeah, I get that there are different opinions. However, no one should claim to speak authoritatively for "all driving enthusiasts" - that's like saying "true driving enthusiasts" should drive only manuals, and most BMW Ms on the road aren't manuals. I can't even recall the last AMG with a manual. 😁

Tempora mutantur, nos et mutamur in illis. 

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

2 hours ago, Dannnn said:

In SG, most of us will prefer the ICE car. like M3 vs M3P.

In other country where they are sick of ICE, all change from M3 / X3m etc , to EV car and they wont go back.

Why har? More expensive is better?

I don't care if it is EV or ICE, I like it cheaper, faster and better (handling). 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

@Voodooman Maybe they all owned before these supercar, and they know that the maintenance is very high, FC also high.

EV is expensive but running cost is low/cheap. no gear lag, instant torque etc. 

If you watched those drag race video, M3 , c63AMG  etc only catch up to tesla M3P after a quarter mile. 

And anyway all the new Euro6 or 7 or whatever supercar, not much vroooom sound also liao.

Edited by Dannnn
  • Praise 2

52 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

True driving enthusiast? Lol. I drive an M140i and a Renault Megane RS manual currently (and another boring BnB ICE car) and I am very interested in getting a performance oriented electric car as a fourth car (not quite take the plunge yet). 

When it comes to sound vs speed, speed wins outright everytime in my book. And I've had some noisy (but fast) f**kers before lol. But yeah, I get that there are different opinions. However, no one should claim to speak authoritatively for "all driving enthusiasts" - that's like saying "true driving enthusiasts" should drive only manuals, and most BMW Ms on the road aren't manuals. I can't even recall the last AMG with a manual. 😁

Temporibus mores sapiens sine crimine mutat.

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, flat6 said:

Temporibus mores sapiens sine crimine mutat.

Well put. And there will always be naysayers, but to that, I will say (very facetiously, and not at all classically):

"Illegitimi non carborundum".😂

• Haha! 1

@Turboflat4Of course, different strokes for different folks.

I recognise that electrification is the way to go for cars, largely borne out of government regulations and environmental concerns. In fact I drive a hybrid MPV myself, simply for the fuel efficiency that it affords. But I also bemoan the fact that I may never get to experience driving a performance car with a thunderous ICE screaming all the way to the redline, and there is certainly something visceral in that which I doubt an electric vehicle can replicate. 

• Praise 4

11 minutes ago, ortho said:

@Turboflat4Of course, different strokes for different folks.

I recognise that electrification is the way to go for cars, largely borne out of government regulations and environmental concerns. In fact I drive a hybrid MPV myself, simply for the fuel efficiency that it affords. But I also bemoan the fact that I may never get to experience driving a performance car with a thunderous ICE screaming all the way to the redline, and there is certainly something visceral in that which I doubt an electric vehicle can replicate. 

Actually I was speaking purely from a performance angle. I firmly believe pure EVs are the way forward for massive performance (which is all about instant torque and acceleration, noone can really use top speed anyway). 

Give it five years. The top ten performing luxury supercars/hypercars will be electric. In fact we might already be there, I just haven't looked too closely. 

I've actually owned a Ferrari F430, a McLaren 12c, an AMG GT, an M5 and a 911. So maybe for me it's a case of been there, done that. So I do respect your perspective. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

9 hours ago, Dannnn said:

@Voodooman Maybe they all owned before these supercar, and they know that the maintenance is very high, FC also high.

EV is expensive but running cost is low/cheap. no gear lag, instant torque etc. 

If you watched those drag race video, M3 , c63AMG  etc only catch up to tesla M3P after a quarter mile. 

And anyway all the new Euro6 or 7 or whatever supercar, not much vroooom sound also liao.

Taycan 1st service is around 20k km. Service cost is EUR300 in Germany.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Taycan 1st service is around 20k km. Service cost is EUR300 in Germany.

how much does the panamera cost to service?

and btw taycan can service what ah? top up fluid? hmm

15 minutes ago, Dannnn said:

how much does the panamera cost to service?

and btw taycan can service what ah? top up fluid? hmm

Panamera cost EUR550

No idea what the service includes.

To be honest, for car enthusiasts, when not having the aural sensory assault of induction, engine and exhaust noises, not having the excitment of building that redline crescendo repeatedly when punching through each gear change, there is just that something missing from augmenting the other senses of massive speed. The electrifying  experience does gets old fairly quickly.

The aural aspect is undeniably critical for passion and excitment. After living with it for a while, you will just get the sense that it is clinically and devastatingly ballistic, too powerful to exploit fully on public roads daily without driving like a mofo, very much like a couple of orders more powerful version of a modern large capacity turbodiesel.  Always just 4 secs from losing your license. Effortless, relentless, noiseless but with even less aural excitement and passion.

That is the future of driving. Some pluses, some minuses. Should buy some manual cars to keep while they are still available.

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Jtis said:

To be honest, for car enthusiasts, when not having the aural sensory assault of induction, engine and exhaust noises, not having the excitment of building that redline crescendo repeatedly when punching through each gear change, there is just that something missing from augmenting the other senses of massive speed. The electrifying  experience does gets old fairly quickly.

The aural aspect is undeniably critical for passion and excitment. After living with it for a while, you will just get the sense that it is clinically and devastatingly ballistic, too powerful to exploit fully on public roads daily without driving like a mofo, very much like a couple of orders more powerful version of a modern large capacity turbodiesel.  Always just 4 secs from losing your license. Effortless, relentless, noiseless but with even less aural excitement and passion.

That is the future of driving. Some pluses, some minuses. Should buy some manual cars to keep while they are still available.

probably there will be power cut to prevent more accidents in future

On 12/3/2021 at 8:32 PM, Turboflat4 said:

I sat in a model X in the US before and is deeply convinced of EV even though i have no interest in tesla's design and quality. Now i see ICE cars as old technology. so many parts involved just to make a shaft turn. 

I still love manual cars though but i think 10 years down the road, they can only be appreciated as classics and no longer competitive in terms of performance. EV is just on a different level.

• Praise 3

15 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

I sat in a model X in the US before and is deeply convinced of EV even though i have no interest in tesla's design and quality. Now i see ICE cars as old technology. so many parts involved just to make a shaft turn. 

I still love manual cars though but i think 10 years down the road, they can only be appreciated as classics and no longer competitive in terms of performance. EV is just on a different level.

give it another 20 years. i wonder how many of our drivers still know how to drive manual😅

• Haha! 1

As i have highlighted before.  Back when everyone thought the digital watch will take over the world and kill the mechanical watch. Look what happened.

cars may be different , one can argue.  But i am sure ICE wont die.  Nope.  Never. At least not in my lifetime….🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1