Peacock attacked 3 years old girl at Serangoon Gardens

Fcw75

Pet peacocks are allowed but must be kept securely, says NParks after girl was attacked

"These pets must be kept in a bird-proof cage, house or enclosure that consists of a fine wire mesh netting capable of preventing any contact with any bird, poultry or animal from outside the cage, house or enclosure; and a proper roof capable of preventing droppings, waste, feathers and other particles from any bird, poultry or animal from entering the cage, house or enclosure."

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/pet-peacocks-are-allowed-but-must-be-kept-securely-says-nparks-after-girl-was-attacked

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I like dogs but sometimes i just want to kick these noisy little dogs when they non-stop barking at my dog.

My dog is damn docile and is usually bit confused why these dogs keep barking at her.

I also like dog.

I have the same urge whenever these little dogs bark for no apparent reason 

• Haha! 3

36 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

depends. the aggressive breeds are not really here.

german shepherd etc are mostly used by K-9 units. 

Most big dogs in singapore all the more nuah kind lol. the small shitty dogs are the damn annoying ones. Keep barking at my dog.

ppl misunderstand small dog. they bark alot and look aggressive because they are defensive. they know they are small and weak, and they show aggressiveness instead 

but they very rarely bite, and their bite wont cause much danger.

But big dog esp certain breed is different. they can appear to be gentle. but the next sec any thing could trigger them to attack.

for example they got a painful bug bite, and they may assume its cause by stranger around them and might attack. Some of the breed once they clamp their jaws onto its victim, they will never let go.

A worst cases is a fight over mating rights. when that happen, even their closest owner cannot control them. 

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

The scar on the face will be forever.  If I were the father, I will just slaughter the peacock and hang the body on a tall pole in public view to shame the bird owner.

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 1

4 hours ago, Lala81 said:

honestly i may just kill the bird there and then if this happened to my kids on the public road (not within the person's property).

i don't mind getting some lacerations in the process.

If owner not there Bring back ... with ginseng 🤣

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

I always see those small cute cute dog damn KL 1.

Bark here bark there 

They compensate for their small size mah :D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Most big dogs in singapore all the more nuah kind lol. the small shitty dogs are the damn annoying ones. Keep barking at my dog.

Ya, thats why i dont like small size dog, their sharp barking sound already super annoying liao.

• Praise 3

48 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I like dogs but sometimes i just want to kick these noisy little dogs when they non-stop barking at my dog.

My dog is damn docile and is usually bit confused why these dogs keep barking at her.

Maybe those dogs want to make friend with your dog? Lol.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

38 minutes ago, Beregond said:

ppl misunderstand small dog. they bark alot and look aggressive because they are defensive. they know they are small and weak, and they show aggressiveness instead 

But big dog esp certain breed is different. they can appear to be gentle. but the next sec any thing could trigger them to attack.

for example they got a painful bug bite, and they may assume its cause by stranger around them and might attack. Some of the breed once they clamp their jaws onto its victim, they will never let go.

A worst cases is a fight over mating rights. when that happen, even their closest owner cannot control them. 

So it means not wrong to say that big size dog is dangerous?

• Praise 2

40 minutes ago, Beregond said:

hmm no leh. lot of the dog bites i've seen come from small dogs or excited dogs.

any dog can bite u. But usually cos they are excited or upset. 

So even if they bark bark bark etc, actually they are dangerous. 

Of course being attacked by a 20-30kg dog vs a 5kg one, the damage is damn different lol.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

I can attest to that. My dog (which is a singapore special) very nuah one. when I walk her, everyone will siam her like I brought a lion out like that. 🤣

Damn cock all these ppl. Last time my late jack russel is the real terror.

• Haha! 8

Just now, 13177 said:

So it means not wrong to say that big size dog is dangerous?

totally not wrong. i am a super dog lover. but big dog is much much more dangerous compare to a small dog like those kpkb non stop schnauzer

special breed like german shepherd  or other breeded guard dogs must be muzzle in public. they are super protective of their owner and they might mistaken a stranger causing danger to their owner , and might just attack to protect their owner.

Last time in lim chu kang. my dog bite another dog to death (its my uncle dog long pang at our place ) we take long pole and wack my dog, how we wack also no use, he wont let go of the throat. 

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 4

Internal Moderator
9 minutes ago, Beregond said:

totally not wrong. i am a super dog lover. but big dog is much much more dangerous compare to a small dog like those kpkb non stop schnauzer

special breed like german shepherd  or other breeded guard dogs must be muzzle in public. they are super protective of their owner and they might mistaken a stranger causing danger to their owner , and might just attack to protect their owner.

Last time in lim chu kang. my dog bite another dog to death (its my uncle dog long pang at our place ) we take long pole and wack my dog, how we wack also no use, he wont let go of the throat. 

woah. shag. he snapped liao, that's why. some dogs are more territorial. Maybe he tot your uncle dog wanna "take over" his territory that's why he snap.

May I know what breed is your dog?

• Haha! 1