Where is the SD card slot for this car DVR? Or don't have?

Dj_han

Neutral Newbie

Dear all, 

Recently bought a car from 2nd car dealer. Realised there were 2 car DVRs front and back. Please see the photos, I don't seem to see any SD card slots for both. Now if "touch wood" need to retrieve some data from this cam, but how??? 

Anyone can help? Dealer said it might be under the the front seats, but I can't find it. Or maybe I don't know how it is supposed to look like. Thanks in advance 🙏

20211201_123153.jpg

20211201_122905.jpg

20211201_122940.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Internal Moderator
4 minutes ago, Dj_han said:

Dear all, 

Recently bought a car from 2nd car dealer. Realised there were 2 car DVRs front and back. Please see the photos, I don't seem to see any SD card slots for both. Now if "touch wood" need to retrieve some data from this cam, but how??? 

Anyone can help? Dealer said it might be under the the front seats, but I can't find it. Or maybe I don't know how it is supposed to look like. Thanks in advance 🙏

20211201_123153.jpg

20211201_122905.jpg

20211201_122940.jpg

is there a black box inside the car? look like the memory card slot is not within the camera body.

If really cannot find, change a new one lor. These days camera are cheap and good. 🙂

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie
6 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

is there a black box inside the car? look like the memory card slot is not within the camera body.

If really cannot find, change a new one lor. These days camera are cheap and good. 🙂

Hi, 

Thanks. I am curious too how this work Then I won't be looking like a ku ku, want to learn from the masters here 😌

This one look like 2nd cam for the rear, so likely the card slot is not on it, but recording linked back to main cam at the front. 

90536d1508706682-rear-dashcam-automatic-

• Praise 7

1 hour ago, Dj_han said:

Dear all, 

20211201_123153.jpg

20211201_122905.jpg

20211201_122940.jpg

Can you find the make and model? Maybe easier for the expert here to help

Neutral Newbie
15 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

This one look like 2nd cam for the rear, so likely the card slot is not on it, but recording linked back to main cam at the front. 

90536d1508706682-rear-dashcam-automatic-

Yah, mine also something like this photo. Front cam does not have any SD card slot too. Hmmm both my front and back looks exactly the same too ha ha 😂 

Neutral Newbie
3 minutes ago, D3badge said:

Can you find the make and model? Maybe easier for the expert here to help

So sorry, not sure about the make and model though. Just the words "Automotive DVR" and "HD CAM" on it. Google it and tonnes of results come out 😅

• Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Dj_han said:

So sorry, not sure about the make and model though. Just the words "Automotive DVR" and "HD CAM" on it. Google it and tonnes of results come out 😅

Likely is some cheapo brandless make/model. How big can the car be? If cannot find black box in the glove box, under the seats or even below boot floor, just change one like others said. So cheap to get a decent one. Car camera is one that should not scrimp on. 

Anyway, found it. From the looks might be this one. Should have a black box based on its description. 

https://www.sgcarmart.com/products/overview.php?ID=11352

Cheers.

Edited by Wormee
  • Praise 4

Neutral Newbie
1 hour ago, Wormee said:

Likely is some cheapo brandless make/model. How big can the car be? If cannot find black box in the glove box, under the seats or even below boot floor, just change one like others said. So cheap to get a decent one. Car camera is one that should not scrimp on. 

Anyway, found it. From the looks might be this one. Should have a black box based on its description. 

https://www.sgcarmart.com/products/overview.php?ID=11352

Cheers.

Thank you very much. Not about spending money haha. Since just got the car, need to get approval from CFO 🤣

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
11 minutes ago, Dj_han said:

Thank you very much. Not about spending money haha. Since just got the car, need to get approval from CFO 🤣

You must tell her, you buy better camera is for better protection. What are you protecting?

You, my dear. 😎

Like that will get approval le, then you can go and buy thinkware/blackvue liao. hahahah.  Must have those wifi one. No need to plug in plug out the memory card. hehe.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1