Do you know Mazda have a Luxury division called Amati???

kobayashiGT

8 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Marketing disaster. They already have many sub brands targeting at different segment, so why the need to create another one (especially against ɛ̃fini)? 

ɛ̃fini (1991 - 1997)

Luxury vehicle division (MS-6, MS-8, MS-9, RX-7, MPV) 

Eunos (1989 - 1996)

Upscale fun to drive line (100, 300, 500, 800, Cosmo, Lantis, Presso, Roadster)

Autozam (1989 - 1998)

Kei / compact cars (AZ-1, AZ-3, AZ Wagon, Carol, Clef, Revue, Scrum) 

M2 / Mazda Two (1991 - 1995)

Customised part and tuning divison (1001, 1002, 1003, etc.)

Mazda more of an engineering company first and marketing is secondary; hence tough sell.
Should learn from Toyota; their marketing department deemed that there would be lucrative market for higher-end/luxury vehicles and the top management directed the engineering /R&D dept to come up with cars accordingly; and their marketing department spared no effort to establish the Lexus brand and cultivate the good perception of that brand.

↡ Advertisement

6 hours ago, enzoalec92 said:

Wasn't aware of this, but I know of the Eunos (Cosmo, Roadster AKA Miata AKA MX-5), Autozam (AZ-1) and Efini (RX-7) sub-brands all thanks to Gran Turismo 2 way back in 1999!

image.png.1e2b9c603af934675cb38d6e3abf3df8.png

image.png.05f61aaf43498526101e82155df8d84e.png

image.png.82df6d0c7ceef1ccb6a4e701855db84c.png

image.png.09adbb708fc56959169281bb9a870c6e.png

I've probably wasted spent a good half of my childhood on this game. Hands down, it's still the best Gran Turismo title to date.

GT3 is the game that let me know the world of LeMans. 787b is my all time favourite.

Cant compare to the real thing

• Praise 1

46 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

GT3 is the game that let me know the world of LeMans. 787b is my all time favourite.

Cant compare to the real thing

You have immaculate taste! The 787B's also my favourite Le Mans car, in part due to its underdog status as the only Japanese car to win the race outright; I don't consider Toyota with their TS050 and GR010 worthy of that title, since they've never had an equivalent rival in the LMP1 - and now LMH - category since Porsche withdrew their 919 after 2017.

It also goes to prove all the uninformed or outright rotary haters wrong, what with their persistent "HuRr RoTaRy UnReLiAbLe DuRr" cries, since the car literally runs 4 "Doritos" and was still in excellent condition when it pitted for its final stop, all before winning the 1991 race by a massive 2-lap margin.

Of course, bonus points for the Gran Turismo references too, since you know how much I love the series from my other thread! :a-toast:

Edited by enzoalec92
Typo
  • Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, andrewyewkc said:

If Mazda got luxury brand I will sure consider to buy but if the name is some mati I will not because my friends will laugh at me.

If the name is ARMANI, i will also consider buying the vehs.

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Mazda more of an engineering company first and marketing is secondary; hence tough sell.
Should learn from Toyota; their marketing department deemed that there would be lucrative market for higher-end/luxury vehicles and the top management directed the engineering /R&D dept to come up with cars accordingly; and their marketing department spared no effort to establish the Lexus brand and cultivate the good perception of that brand.

Mazda's marketing department quite good bah. Came up w the catchy "Zoom Zoom" slogan and japlingish yada yada about how fun to drive, etc etc

Unfortunately, the engineering department didn't get the memo.....

• Shocked 1

6 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

I am quite proud that I stay in Eunos area. :D

Psst…….psst….. Raesah too 😂😂 …… your girl next door 😂😂

• Haha! 2

16 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

I am quite proud that I stay in Eunos area. :D

I am half expecting you to shout out loud about Eunos when I made the post, but least expecting you to feel proud of staying in Eunos just because of a defunct sub brand of Mazda... :D :D

14 hours ago, andrewyewkc said:

If Mazda got luxury brand I will sure consider to buy but if the name is some mati I will not because my friends will laugh at me.

Friend, even if you really manage to got your hand on an Amati luxurious model, you also cannot hire a chauffeur to drive for you, as people around you will sure said:

That car is "Ahmad 的" (belongs to Ahmad - the chauffeur)。。。really is cry no tear... :D:D

13 hours ago, Jamesc said:

She wants Mercedes so I am getting her this.

:D

748321008_download(7).jpeg.bdd89fba64789a4393382936bcd457fa.jpeg

Wah you really go all out to take "good" care of your beloved MIL, even bid for a vintage 'SU' plate to go with this all time classic model... [thumbsup]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

Internal Moderator
12 hours ago, BanCoe said:

Psst…….psst….. Raesah too 😂😂 …… your girl next door 😂😂

oh! didn't see her in my hood leh. hahaha. 🤣

↡ Advertisement