What type of face mask are you wearing for the future?

Windwaver

There seems to be plenty of talk about COVID-19 and how it's mutating but not much with regards to masking.

I have the habit of wearing a mask way before COVID for personal hygiene and masks were straight forward in design.

However, I'm beginning to see face masks being integrated into fashion these days and wonder how effective those designs can be.

So I started this thread focusing on face masks.

5ec2cf1a2618b9746d434a16?width=1000&formgettyimages-1256864506.jpg?width=820

↡ Advertisement

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1359029421000017

A technical review of face mask wearing in preventing respiratory COVID-19 transmission

Abstract

Since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, most countries have recommended their citizens to adopt social distance, hand hygiene, and face mask wearing. However, wearing face masks has not been well adopted by many citizens. While the reasons are complex, there is a general perception that the evidence to support face mask wearing is lacking, especially for the general public in a community setting. Face mask wearing can block or filter airborne virus-carrying particles through the working of colloid and interface science. This paper assesses current knowledge behind the design and functioning of face masks by reviewing the selection of materials, mask specifications, relevant laboratory tests, and respiratory virus transmission trials, with an overview of future development of reusable masks for the general public. This review highlights the effectiveness of face mask wearing in the prevention of COVID-19 infection.

• Praise 1

https://www.wired.com/gallery/best-face-masks/

19 Face Masks We Actually Like to Wear

FEW OBJECTS HAVE symbolized the complexities of pandemic decision making more than the humble face mask. Mere months after the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention relaxed mask guidelines for fully vaccinated individuals, the organization updated its instructions. Now the CDC recommends that even vaccinated individuals continue to wear masks indoors to help mitigate the spread of the much more contagious Delta Covid-19 variant. 

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-cloth-face-masks/

How to Choose the Best Cloth Face Mask for You

Given frequently changing mandates, business practices, and local COVID-19 transmission and vaccination rates, masks will likely remain useful—if not required—for some time. Fortunately, in contrast with early on in the pandemic, these days you have many high-quality options to choose from. Between disposable respirators and comfortable, reusable cloth masks that filter nearly as well as medical-grade masks (and can be adjusted for a more-secure fit), just about everyone can find something they feel good wearing. Here we recommend a variety of cloth options that balance fit and comfort with filtration efficiency and breathability.

clothfacemasks-2048px-2-10.jpg?auto=webp

• Praise 1

i still dont believe in cloth masks unless its those that have a non woven filter inside. But cloth mask is still better than no mask. 

Surgical mask is the min and KN95 if going to higher risks area. Save the N95 for our frontliners.

But what is the effect of the waste of these disposable masks on environment? 

• Praise 1

After the covid cases went up since early this year, so now i default only wear surgical mask when out. No more cloth mask.

• Praise 1

23 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

The best mask is from Temasek. Free one. 🤣

siao-liao-1-1024x538.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

LOL, Ho Ching may not be wearing these.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Ender said:

Unitl we reached below 50 daily cases, it's MIK  KF94 for my family.  

Which one you buying? F929?

12 minutes ago, 13177 said:

After the covid cases went up since early this year, so now i default only wear surgical mask when out. No more cloth mask.

You wear non-surgical, surgical, KF94 or N95 type(s)?

1 minute ago, Windwaver said:

Which one you buying? F929?

Bought and tried afew. F929, F808, F801, F912 F 731...etc. And other sellers.

↡ Advertisement