Factory 6 channel amplifier to 4 channel input DSP

Fuzzylogic

Hi... I'm abit of a noob when it comes to car audio systems.

I'm considering getting a plug and play DSP with Amplifier to complement the factory headunit. My factory sound system has a 6 channel 180w amplifier with 10 speakers.

Can I connect the factory unit via a plug and play ISO harness to the aftermarket DSP + Amplifier (4 channel input, 6 channel amplifier and 8 channel DSP) since the factory Amplifier is 6 channels but the DSP only has 4 Channel high line inputs via the ISO harness.

I want to enhance the audio quality without doing a major overhaul of the factory sound system.

Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

Edited by Fuzzylogic
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator

I think you can just connect from the ISO harness.

Are you driving a BMW? the sound system from a factory sound system is quite powerful thou.

Eh factory sound system with 6 channel amp and 10 speakers way way better compared to some cars with basic 4 coxial speakers especially the JDM ones with paper cones and no HU lol.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

16 hours ago, Fuzzylogic said:

Hi... I'm abit of a noob when it comes to car audio systems.

I'm considering getting a plug and play DSP with Amplifier to complement the factory headunit. My factory sound system has a 6 channel 180w amplifier with 10 speakers.

Can I connect the factory unit via a plug and play ISO harness to the aftermarket DSP + Amplifier (4 channel input, 6 channel amplifier and 8 channel DSP) since the factory Amplifier is 6 channels but the DSP only has 4 Channel high line inputs via the ISO harness.

I want to enhance the audio quality without doing a major overhaul of the factory sound system.

Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

You already have a not bad system and an amplifier. 

Maybe you would want to take a look at the factory speakers first then you decide on what to do next. Cos if you add a dsp and your speakers are just average....

• Praise 2

Just get a Micro Precison 3 series and a 4 channel amp for a nice active 2 way budget set up.. not forgetting a active underseat bass woofer..

8 hours ago, mersaylee said:

No DSP in the factory setup?

There might be some basic DSP as only rudimentary tuning of bass, treble and balance of front and rear speakers are available

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

I think you can just connect from the ISO harness.

Are you driving a BMW? the sound system from a factory sound system is quite powerful thou.

Audi factory sound system. Not the B&O system which is available as an option.

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Watwheels said:

You already have a not bad system and an amplifier

Maybe you would want to take a look at the factory speakers first then you decide on what to do next. Cos if you add a dsp and your speakers are just average....

Well...actually that's also under consideration but would changing speakers alone with the stock amp provide better overall sound and more bang for buck versus an add on DSP?

If your car has 10 speakers then you need a DSP with 10 channels.

The DSP will integrate all 10 speakers into a coherent sound.

It will do time alignment so that the sound from the furthest speaker to you will arrive at the same time as the speaker that is closest to you.

You can get the best speakers in the world but if one is further away from you and one is close to you will get time smear and it will sound terrible.

So no point changing the speakers but control each of the 10 speakers that each speaker plays the correct frequencies and time corrected.

Correct frequencies means the bass comes from the woofers and tweeter play the treble and integrated into a coherent sound with correct timing of the music.

Since you already have 10 speakers in the car might as well use it and not replace them.

Just add a DSP and a good tuner. Again only trust MCF

Xtremez Audio - Your Choice for Audio Installation & Upgrade Sin Ming branch.

:D

https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/helix/amplifiers/v-eight-dsp-mk2

15 hours ago, Fuzzylogic said:

Well...actually that's also under consideration but would changing speakers alone with the stock amp provide better overall sound and more bang for buck versus an add on DSP?

You start with speakers then you progress to other things that you want to hear. It depends on what you are looking for. 

↡ Advertisement