AFF Suzuki Cup 2021

Adrianli

Singapore just won the second match against Philippines. Anyone watching also?

Edited by Adrianli
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

2 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Hope the head won't swell easily as before...keep the head cool with the new head coach 💪

Header seems to be our strength against shorter opponents...the counter attacks reminisce the Pools...👍

We are more of a set-piece team which is not a criticism considering we have a few players who are good in the air (like Safuwan).

We did score on open play yesterday, which is great!

Edited by Rm2s
  • Praise 2

watched first half against myanmar and saw the 3 goals. my friends also watching on mewatch.

yesterday one then never watch. my friend is going to the thailand game.

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Lala81 said:

watched first half against myanmar and saw the 3 goals. my friends also watching on mewatch.

yesterday one then never watch. my friend is going to the thailand game.

Tickets are very very limited. Only 10,000 fans allowed and a portion will be given to away team so down to 7,000 to 8,000 tickets available for local fans.

7 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Tickets are very very limited. Only 10,000 fans allowed and a portion will be given to away team so down to 7,000 to 8,000 tickets available for local fans.

yeah i saw the stadium look quite empty. then realised that this was "SOLD OUT" according to the commentator.

My friend said the thailand tickets sold out fast.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Xers007 said:

Against thailand will be the real challenge. As always they are one of the strongest around this region.

Park double decker...a draw is good result to progress...😁

• Haha! 1

It's a good Dec holiday activity, watch live football with kids. Hopefully all those empty sections will be opened for semis.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Xers007 said:

Against thailand will be the real challenge. As always they are one of the strongest around this region.

But this Thai squad like not as strong. They look pretty weak and only scored 2 goals against the whipping team Timor Leste. If you had watched the game, the Thais were really sub-par.

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Indonesia team looks real good tonight in their first match. They will be a team who may be of threat to SG.

The other group has 3 in-form teams. VN, MY and indo, with Laos seemingly the only weak team. Must thank AFF for the draw 😄

Also I wondered why Laos picked an Indian to be its coach, not a westerner or japanese/korean. Then the commentator mentioned its V Selvaraj. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

I watched second half of Malaysia game. Their passing is slick, ball movement is good and the team looked balance. May be Laos is a weak opponent but Singapore will have to do better if we do get into semi and against a much better organised team. Just rely on that odd set-piece will be hard.

Interestingly I watched the post-match interview of Safuwan; he mentioned in the past years, the tactics were to defend and hit long balls hoping we get a chance or two, that is why the team wasn't able to advance past group stage. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Karoon said:

The other group has 3 in-form teams. VN, MY and indo, with Laos seemingly the only weak team. Must thank AFF for the draw 😄

Also I wondered why Laos picked an Indian to be its coach, not a westerner or japanese/korean. Then the commentator mentioned its V Selvaraj. 

Our ex national player?

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Karoon said:

Laos turned to Singapore for its Head Coach for quite a few years now. 

The Head Coach is actually our SG legend V Sundramoorthy. V Selvaraj is the Asst Coach.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1