Is Singapore a democracy?

RadX

Guns! Definitely must have guns to be a real democracy man. Afterall, dun democracy and human rights go very tightly together?

No?

Tell that to USA. Dun agree with me rights? Bang! Bang! Still moving..... Bang! Bang! There, me rights more than your rights. Right? 

😁😂😂😂 Seriously, what's true democracy?

Right to vote? Right to walk safely at night? Right to participate in this forum? Right to live in peace? Right to tolerate each other's difference and not shoot them to outer space, I mean other world? Right to eat together whether u male or female or in-between? 

To me, right to be able to complain all the time is true democracy. 

😂😂😂😂😂 We have more ppl on little red dot who are FOCs than anywhere else in the world man. 

Not a democracy, my foot. Who needs USA to tell us that anyways. 

Stay safe all 

Cheers 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Can anyone tell me which country is truly democratic? Do explain she is 100% and not generally or mostly. Is their democracy apply to themselves or others and why they are expecting others to follow some of these beliefs? 

Democracy in Singapore? 

Let's start by having the freedom to choose the EP that we deem fit, without any legislation that comes in to derail. 

Till then, LLST. 

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, Watwheels said:

The US must be buay song with our death penalties and canning of criminals. Mostly human rights issue.

I also buay song USA mah. They are the biggest terrorist which openly bomb and kill innocents with the help of their colonies. Worst than the Human right they are preaching. Terrorist is a more accurate word to describe them

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

USA is on its way down leow lar.... Heng SG not associated with this pile of junk. hee.

still a racist and a country getting to 3rd world slum soon

• Praise 2

10 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

I also buay song USA mah. They are the biggest terrorist which openly bomb and kill innocents with the help of their colonies. Worst than the Human right they are preaching. Terrorist is a more accurate word to describe them

With all of USA's might, she has not annexed a single country in the world to make her own, but look at Crimea and what's likely to happen to Ukraine and Europe soon. Instead USA had liberated Kuwait, Iraq and Singapore also owe her development to them. Factually speaking, without USA's aggression, your parents would be slaves to japanese and you probably won't even exist today. 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

14 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

human rights? 

pg-20-guantanamo-1-pa.jpg?width=990&auto

• Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Ingenius said:

With all of USA's might, she has not annexed a single country in the world to make her own, but look at Crimea and what's likely to happen to Ukraine and Europe soon. Instead USA had liberated Kuwait, Iraq and Singapore also owe her development to them. Factually speaking, without USA's aggression, your parents would be slaves to japanese and you probably won't even exist today. 

I like what you said. So you destroyed and killed, appoint a puppet and run away when things turn against you is a good guy? To me this is worst than the British who colonized and split up countries.   So which country did China annexed or bomb, occupy and put a puppet? 

Yes, their bomb stopped the Japanese invasion, Do you think without the bomb, Japanese would continue to occupy all these countries? Look at Vietnam, French and USA have to run eventually. Is Vietnam communist worse off than USA supported South? 

USA will never scarify themselves for others. It has never been their way of life. No other countries will likely to do that but not likely to be like USA. Maybe they are still thinking of the cowboy and indian days.  

Edited by Victor68
  • Haha! 2

4 minutes ago, Ingenius said:

Without the USSR, the US and allies would have a much harder time fighting the Axis.

This is the truth.

And also, the Philippines was a colony of the US before since 1898 till end of ww2 so the US shouldn't throw stones in glass houses.

We are not a pure democracy, but US intentions are not pure as well.

• Praise 2

3 minutes ago, Brass said:

Without the USSR, the US and allies would have a much harder time fighting the Axis.

This is the truth.

And also, the Philippines was a colony of the US before since 1898 till end of ww2 so the US shouldn't throw stones in glass houses.

We are not a pure democracy, but US intentions are not pure as well.

From mine perspective, if you look at countries colonized by the british and compare to those by american, which one fare better after they left although both did wrong. They are not angels sent to help but to steal/rob and benefit themselves. Be the master. In a layman term, treat these countries like 'tissue paper'. Use liao throw away

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Ingenius said:

US is actual a good friend to us. Without them dying in Vietnam, and stop the commies, we will be closer to China and much earlier. 😀

just cannot stand their politicking with anti-commies orgy party to be masquerading as democracy.

• Praise 2

1 minute ago, Victor68 said:

From mine perspective, if you look at countries colonized by the british and compare to those by american, which one fare better after they left although both did wrong. They are not angels sent to help but to steal/rob and benefit themselves. Be the master. In a layman term, treat these countries like 'tissue paper'. Use liao throw away

The British colonies tend to fare better though.

Case in point: Malaysia+ SG v Indonesia (Dutch) v The Philippines.

In many cases, British colonies fail because of terrible economic policies (e.g. Mugabe's taking lands away from white farmers in Zimbabwe) and weak central govt (e.g. India).

This is not to say the British are good (read: Bengal Famine), it's the better one among the terrible lot of colonisers.

• Praise 1

31 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

they just play god and devil at the same time lah [laugh]

7 minutes ago, Brass said:

The British colonies tend to fare better though.

Case in point: Malaysia+ SG v Indonesia (Dutch) v The Philippines.

In many cases, British colonies fail because of terrible economic policies (e.g. Mugabe's taking lands away from white farmers in Zimbabwe) and weak central govt (e.g. India).

This is not to say the British are good (read: Bengal Famine), it's the better one among the terrible lot of colonisers.

The facts are there for all to see. Britain has fallen, it is now American turn. They are resisting this and doing more damages to themselves. Of course they are descendants of the same people, not surprising Australia and europe are supporting them. Japan were beaten the shit out of their pants and worry of repercussion from their neighbours. 

So why some countries are acting the way they are is common sense. Nothing to do with China threatening the world lah. 

Edited by Victor68
↡ Advertisement