Congratulations to LKY for winning Singapore's FIRST GOLD in the BWF World Championships

Fitz4i

His form of late doesnt seem like world no 1

More like 10+

Uptick in form also thx to the training session wit Viktor Axelsen

A well deserved win https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sport/singapores-loh-kean-yew-stuns-world-number-one-viktor-axelsen-bwf-world-championships-2377311

Lky will now advance into the round of 32 and face Austria’s Luka Wraber

Good luck!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 14
  • Haha! 1

many players withdraw from this tournament, Viktor also shagged from all the previous tournaments where he won most of them. Nevertheless there are still a few good ones. 

LKY have Viktor to thank for his tremendous improvement since olympics where he was invited to train with Viktor for a month, training with the best make a lot of different. Great sportsmanship there!

• Praise 5

Fantastic stamina on LYK's end, although there were some unforced errors in all games but he was using more brain in the 3rd.

Axelsen was making a ton of errors in the 3rd but I think he faded off quickly in the 2nd half of the game (feels like stamina).

Great win LKY and it's always an entertaining match between him and Axelsen.

9 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

many players withdraw from this tournament, Viktor also shagged from all the previous tournaments where he won most of them. Nevertheless there are still a few good ones. 

LKY have Viktor to thank for his tremendous improvement since olympics where he was invited to train with Viktor for a month, training with the best make a lot of different. Great sportsmanship there!

Yeah, I totally agree on the point about training with the best makes a ton of difference.

I was up against future national players in some matches during my best years but I've never won any  of the encounters. It was those experiences that taught me where I was lacking.

I can't imagine how LKY made it to the top amongst our own national players, that alone ain't easy.

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Yeah, I totally agree on the point about training with the best makes a ton of difference.

I was up against future national players in some matches during my best years but I've never won any  of the encounters. It was those experiences that taught me where I was lacking.

I can't imagine how LKY made it to the top amongst our own national players, that alone ain't easy.

He need to keep taking part in these world championships. 

Its the best training for him if he dun have world class team mate to spar at home.

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Going for all these championship and have a positive mind will keep him improving and moving towards the top💪👍

winning these championship is a good start. But there are simply too many of these.

Its like tennis and table tennis.

I think the holy grail is still olympics

• Haha! 1

7 hours ago, Fitz4i said:

His form of late doesnt seem like world no 1

More like 10+

Uptick in form also thx to the training session wit Viktor Axelsen

A well deserved win https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sport/singapores-loh-kean-yew-stuns-world-number-one-viktor-axelsen-bwf-world-championships-2377311

Lky will now advance into the round of 32 and face Austria’s Luka Wraber

Good luck!

congrats and keep going man!!!!

the style reminds me of 1 person - Son wan Ho from korea....the guy will run and run.. 

4 hours ago, Jman888 said:

I disagree on this. LKY also competed in many competitions leading to this grand finale.

5 hours ago, Beregond said:

winning these championship is a good start. But there are simply too many of these.

Its like tennis and table tennis.

I think the holy grail is still olympics

Of cos winning Olympics is the one that everybody wants. These are round the year so that you can take them as part of training or part of gearing up. Got to choose what not to take and what not to take lor

• Praise 2

40 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Of cos winning Olympics is the one that everybody wants. These are round the year so that you can take them as part of training or part of gearing up. Got to choose what not to take and what not to take lor

yeah man....pace himself and prepare for the Olympics - i think is in 2024, that's just 2 years away only....just nice, I would say..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4