Congratulations to LKY for winning Singapore's FIRST GOLD in the BWF World Championships

Fitz4i

LKY out, LZJ out, Chou Tian Chen also out, hope momota dun disappoint his fans [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

looking forward for a good match between Axelsen vs Christie ... starting soon .... 

Kento Momota advanced to Final liao [thumbsup] 

2022-07-02_191359.png

Edited by Wt_know

watching the same players playing against each other from one tournament to next, worse if you keep meeting the same player who beat you all the time [laugh]

can see some of them started to get tire, they only get 1 month break after every 2-3 months non stop.

4 hours ago, Wt_know said:

looking forward for a good match between Axelsen vs Christie ... starting soon .... 

Kento Momota advanced to Final liao [thumbsup] 

2022-07-02_191359.png

good to see momota back into final of a tournament, he has a lucky draw in this tournament [laugh]

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

no eye see [laugh]

different league liao ... momota reach final like a walk in the park ... 1 retired + 1 walkover ... 

LZJ play very hard against Axelsen ... if they played in final ... that would be interesting ....

the arena hall will be fulled with msian fans and supporters ... with drum and whistle 

Edited by Wt_know

Turbocharged

Win too many .... giveaway 2 tournaments for other hungry birds🙂

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/viktor-axelsen-withdraws-malaysia-masters-singapore-open-fatigue-091529187.html

SINGAPORE — Men's world No.1 shuttler Viktor Axelsen has withdrawn from this week's Malaysian Masters as well as next week's Singapore Badminton Open, citing fatigue after playing - and winning - numerous back-to-back tournaments these past two months.

In an official statement to the Singapore Badminton Association (SBA) by the Danish badminton federation on Tuesday (5 July), Denmark head coach Kenneth Jonassen wrote, “Viktor is withdrawing from the Singapore Open 2022 due to fatigue of playing back to back tournaments. He will now turn his focus to the BWF World Championships in Tokyo.”

Axelsen, 28, had also written a post on his Instagram page which he has since deleted. It had said, "I would have loved to compete again here in (Kuala Lumpur) this week and then in (Singapore). However when I woke up this morning my body and my head was telling me that it's time to rest and recharge before I step on the court again.

"I need some days off to rest, celebrate my recent wins with my family and then build up towards new goals."

Axelsen has been on a tear this year, winning the men's singles competitions at the European Championships, All-England Open, Indonesia Masters, Indonesia Open and Malaysia Open.

Axelsen withdrawal a boost for Loh Kean Yew

While fans will be disappointed to not be able to see Axelsen in action in the next two weeks, his absence could be a further boost for Singapore's reigning world champion Loh Kean Yew, as he seeks to become the first local men's singles champion at the Singapore Open since Wee Choon Seng in 1962.

Axelsen would have been a formidable opponent for the world No.9 in the final, as they are drawn in opposite halves. Loh, however, had stunned the Dane en route to his memorable Badminton World Championships triumph last December.

With Axelsen's withdrawal, there are only three higher-seeded players than Loh at the men's singles competition at the Open, which will be held at the Singapore Indoor Stadium from 12 to 17 July: Taiwan's Chou Tien-chen (world No.4), and Indonesians Anthony Sinisuka Ginting (world No.6) and Jonatan Christie (world No.8).

1 hour ago, Camrysfa said:

With Axelsen's withdrawal, there are only three higher-seeded players than Loh at the men's singles competition at the Open, which will be held at the Singapore Indoor Stadium from 12 to 17 July: Taiwan's Chou Tien-chen (world No.4), and Indonesians Anthony Sinisuka Ginting (world No.6) and Jonatan Christie (world No.8).

wow ... see the remaining 3 players no up ar?

CTC, Ginting and Christie ... all 3 are tok kong players leh ... don't play play

33 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

wow ... see the remaining 3 players no up ar?

CTC, Ginting and Christie ... all 3 are tok kong players leh ... don't play play

still have Antonsen, Lee Cheuk Yiu, Brian Yang, etc all beaten him in past few months [laugh]

• Haha! 1

the redraw after few players withdraw from singapore open, LKY is now grow with less threatening players.

Many of the better players are now in another group where they will fight until one that he will only meet in final.

Turbocharged

I wonder anyone here watching the Singapore open? Organizer should check what brand they use for the mop. Surely it didn't reflect well we couldn't even provide decent mop.

Supersonic
6 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

I wonder anyone here watching the Singapore open? Organizer should check what brand they use for the mop. Surely it didn't reflect well we couldn't even provide decent mop.

So what mop they used?

4 hours ago, Victor68 said:

wonder where to apply for linesman job in these tournaments [laugh]

Turbocharged

I believe they are all SBA staff or volunteers. Better chance to apply through the cleaning company mopping the Court. 😂

good game yesterday, looking forward to today's semi with Ginting, to many audiences today IS the final [laugh]

• Haha! 1