The price of simplicity

RadX

Turbocharged

I always try to tell those I know that one has only these amount of hours in the day and these amount of days in their lifes. How they choose to spend it, who to spend it with is very important and should not be procrastinated especially when taken with another factor in play, health.

• Praise 8

37 minutes ago, RadX said:

Nice article!

Appreciating the ‘money value of time’ - TODAY (todayonline.com)https://www.todayonline.com/commentary/appreciating-money-value-time-1770456

This sums it best for me:  @Throttle2 is der aldy

image.png.676c4e037d14e9f11a58e393efa3fcd8.png

hai…….家家有本难念的经

Only the wanton mee sounds similar .  Look at the rosegold aquanaut on his wrist.   

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

46 minutes ago, Etnt said:

I always try to tell those I know that one has only these amount of hours in the day and these amount of days in their lifes. How they choose to spend it, who to spend it with is very important and should not be procrastinated especially when taken with another factor in play, health.

Not everyone has the luxury to decide or choose how they 'like' to spend the time, that is the sad part. They need to clock those time not just for themselves but their family to ensure there are food on the table. So, this applies more for those that have 'enough' but persue for more. People that claims they work more than 12 hours daily.

• Praise 1

I actually finished reading it as it was well written and fluid too.

Well, its always easy to relate when one has made it, but he did earn it to do so. 

Abraham Lincoln said it best:

And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.

• Praise 7

Looks like he has made his money and running his own business now, can dial back and forth and adjust the pace to balance out. Good for him.  

But full retirement as he described it may sound great but i think is overrated. People need a purpose (however small) in life to be happy. 

• Praise 9

2 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

hai…….家家有本难念的经

Only the wanton mee sounds similar .  Look at the rosegold aquanaut on his wrist.   

Then u wear 2 gold rolex on ur hand to match lor😂🙄

• Haha! 1

29 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Looks like he has made his money and running his own business now, can dial back and forth and adjust the pace to balance out. Good for him.  

But full retirement as he described it may sound great but i think is overrated. People need a purpose (however small) in life to be happy. 

Life is all about being content with what you have

• Praise 6

7 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Life is all about being content with what you have

Contention is a prerequisite bro.

I am referring to the part about him  talking about zuo bo everyday. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

I love full retirement.  Full retirement doesnt mean doing nothing or having no purpose.   It means not having to be accountable to any business work related matter to anyone but yourself.   Therefore as long as you are at the beck and call of someone something related to work, you hv not retired fully.  
thats my take.

• Praise 4

wah....in singapore, need how much networth (price) to reach this type of higher mortal simplicity?

i peasant storeman....only know how to be a complicated worker bee

🤑😅

Edited by Enye

5 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

It must be nice to have enough money to be able to choose to work less hard.

Yeah, those guy like in the article, is because they slaved away to become rich, then start pondering how they  missed out on life. Only after they had enough riches to buy whatever they wanted, then realize something still missing. If take away all his riches and make him a typical HDB dweller with mid 4-figure job, will he still be realizing this "time value of money"? [laugh] Or complain money no enough, inequality in society?

It's good to start right off the bat. Come out and work in a job that is not too demanding, won't be rich, just enough and learn to enjoy work-life balance. Stay in the rank-and-file, don't rise up to upper management, won't be rich, but enjoy less stress and can switch off when on leave.

Then, we talk [laugh] And write article.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

2 hours ago, Enye said:

wah....in singapore, need how much networth (price) to reach this type of higher mortal simplicity?

i peasant storeman....only know how to be a complicated worker bee

🤑😅

Yes, in singapore , a lot higher required.  

11 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Yeah, those guy like in the article, is because they slaved away to become rich, then start pondering how they  missed out on life. Only after they had enough riches to buy whatever they wanted, then realize something still missing. If take away all his riches and make him a typical HDB dweller with mid 4-figure job, will he still be realizing this "time value of money"? [laugh] Or complain money no enough, inequality in society?

It's good to start right off the bat. Come out and work in a job that is not too demanding, won't be rich, just enough and learn to enjoy work-life balance. Stay in the rank-and-file, don't rise up to upper management, won't be rich, but enjoy less stress and can switch off when on leave.

In Life, theres always a trade off.  
each one of us tries our very best to stop at the tipping point of diminishing returns, whatever those returns mean to us. 

i always tell my friends, if you slog and comit yourself 15hrs a day to earn $5k a month while the other fella commits only 10hrs earning $4k, he is actually better off.  Muayhahaha

16 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Ok wait for my book

from “womb to Tomb”

• Haha! 3

4 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

I love full retirement.  Full retirement doesnt mean doing nothing or having no purpose.   It means not having to be accountable to any business work related matter to anyone but yourself.   Therefore as long as you are at the beck and call of someone something related to work, you hv not retired fully.  
thats my take.

What you are saying is "my time is my time". I don't disagree but i think there is more to a happy and healthy full retirement than everyday zuo bo. Of course walking the dog, reading the papers for front to back and back to front while having breakfast and running at the beach (or exercising) can be a purpose for some, just not for me (maybe in my 70s).

Just my take, different strokes for different folks. 

• Praise 1