Laopeh asking for advice - older fathers chat

therock

So what do I have in common with Daniel Craig, Aaron Kwok, George Clooney and Clint Eastwood ?

well I have recently joined the hallowed ranks of the Lao Pek group… the dads who are more than half a century old …

Covid times you can weep, wallow or make lemons or babies too..

And so after many years and a very long journey I am now finally a father and MCF is a helpful place filled with folks who have the experience in matters not limited to cars but little babes too. 
So I hope to get some advice on taking car of and brining up my little baby gal 😊 

in preparation I’ve gotten triple concertina wires😏, will take her karate and where it hurts on guys for the future but any further tips will be welcome 🙏 

xie xie everyone 

84EF6FC6-0FE2-40B7-9880-24C2C01542B1.jpeg

Edited by therock
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 51
  • Haha! 2

Congratulations Pal!! Welcome to fatherhood. Can call me anytime you need help. More than happy to share my parenting experience with you and your wife. 

• Praise 17

2 minutes ago, therock said:

So what do I have in common with Daniel Craig, Aaron Kwok, George Clooney and Clint Eastwood ?

well I have recently joined the hallowed ranks of the Lao Pek group… the dads who are more than half a century old …

And so after many years and a very long journey I am now finally a father and MCF is a helpful place filled with folks who have the experience in matters not limited to cars but little babes too. 
So I hope to get some advice on taking car of and brining up my little baby gal 😊 

xie xie everyone 

84EF6FC6-0FE2-40B7-9880-24C2C01542B1.jpeg

Congratulations!

Advice is to keep fit and stay young.

• Praise 7

Congratulations ! 
Let us know what questions you may have, meanwhile, rest as much as you can. It will be a luxury for next few years 😁

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

Congrats !

The first 3 yr of my journey so far is dealing with milk powder and diapers. They cost a bomb, but I manage to bring the costs down, and he's still turning out to be a bouncing, healthy boy. 😀

• Praise 7

congrats and welcome to the club....

1st thing is you will be sleep deprived!!! Bear with it....blink of an eye, it will fly by very very fast.....🤣

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

Congratuations Bro

For your baby girl, or boy, enjoy while they are growing, enjoy the fun.

Later years, you will need to enjoy the worry🤣, worry about their studies and then worry about them going out to cheat and being cheated. Haha, just a joke ok, enjoy parenting.

My advice, be close to them, encourage them to tell you so you can help them make right choice. A difficult one but all have to go thru😁 

• Praise 6

Congratulations on the end of your long journey and the beginning of another long one which will pass faster than it seems. 

Top tip. Have a phone with a good camera. Especially in less ideal lighting conditions. Cos kids don't stay still for you. U will never regret it. It will mean the difference between a usable and an unusable photo. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 10

Congrats man.. Enjoy your fatherhood.. 

Have a couple of advices, Can use them to do some lifting exercises.

Most common with toddlers is the log PT style of lifting them.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 5

Congratulations but the photo isn't yours, right? As it is dated 2004.

Anyway for all intents and purposes the expenses of each child in the household is pretty much same as that of a second car. Not bemoaning, just stating a fact so you can be prepared.

Some tips I can share - friends and family have heaps of baby things to give away - baby carriers, car seats, feeding chairs etc. These can really bring down your expenditure but your wife will want to buy some things. Let her.

Agree that to stay fit and try to square away your work as the first few years can be quite consuming as a new father in terms of your day job and your dad job, because after a while the kid is going to be very mobile and you're going to have to keep up.

Fun times, tough times.

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Ender said:

Congrats man.. Enjoy your fatherhood.. 

Have a couple of adivces, Can use them to do some lifting exercises.

Most common with toddlers is the log PT style of lifting them.

I have watched this video many many times...
I could be as old as that man some day...

• Praise 5

Just now, Macrosszero said:

Congratulations but the photo isn't yours, right? As it is dated 2004.

Anyway for all intents and purposes the expenses of each child in the household is pretty much same as that of a second car. Not bemoaning, just stating a fact so you can be prepared.

Some tips I can share - friends and family have heaps of baby things to give away - baby carriers, car seats, feeding chairs etc. These can really bring down your expenditure but your wife will want to buy some things. Let her.

Agree that to stay fit and try to square away your work as the first few years can be quite consuming as a new father in terms of your day job and your dad job, because after a while the kid is going to be very mobile and you're going to have to keep up.

Fun times, tough times.

Wife doesn't want me to share pics la.. privacy and all, haha

Thanks

I swim almost daily and I hope she does too 🙂

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, therock said:

I have watched this video many many times...
I could be as old as that man some day...

The old man reap the benefit of log PT in his old age. Lifting his grand daugther with ease.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3