Laopeh asking for advice - older fathers chat

therock

Hypersonic

Wash with warm water. Pad dry.

Use hairdryer blow dry skin before applying copious amount of desitin blue or purple (if more broken skin).

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Just bought this conti model...

Depre not too bad, most models can be sold for half the original price after a decade.. many colors to choose from 

No shocks, but there's a bucket seat

Only passive safety feature, and a snug fit plus anti rear tilt stoppers

Delivery period as long as a Merc... took a few months to reach me... 

Seat cushions can be upgraded or changed but no leather option, cooling provided by papa's hand.. 

Needs regular cleaning and polishing..

The most expensive dining chair in my home now by far... ouch :D 

image.thumb.png.972780db906f91d37a89760db5d03026.png

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, therock said:

Just bought this conti model...

Depre not too bad, most models can be sold for half the original price after a decade.. many colors to choose from 

No shocks, but there's a bucket seat

Only passive safety feature, and a snug fit plus anti rear tilt stoppers

Delivery period as long as a Merc... took a few months to reach me... 

Seat cushions can be upgraded or changed but no leather option, cooling provided by papa's hand.. 

Needs regular cleaning and polishing..

The most expensive dining chair in my home now by far... ouch :D 

image.thumb.png.972780db906f91d37a89760db5d03026.png

It may be costly due to the craftsmanship and the robustness. Hope your little precious one enjoys in it.😃

Supersonic

Don't spend too much on your baby's stuff.

They outgrown them just as fast. 6 month, 1 year, etc.. and nothing fits anymore.

• Praise 3

Yeah I am thick skinned haha

I’m open to donations 🙂

my colleagues passed me some too 

• Praise 1

31 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

Where’s your little one with her milk powder, diapers and soon to come infant care or pre-school 

Wah, now we will buy stage II milk soon, and she goes through diapers like water ... 

She's enrolled in childcare, but mummy is reluctant to part with her, so we send her in a few days a week... all $$$

but she's been lovely, always smiling, even when her bum hurt from the excoriated skin... it's been a privilege, despite the sleepless nights, haha 

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
4 minutes ago, therock said:

Wah, now we will buy stage II milk soon, and she goes through diapers like water ... 

She's enrolled in childcare, but mummy is reluctant to part with her, so we send her in a few days a week... all $$$

but she's been lovely, always smiling, even when her bum hurt from the excoriated skin... it's been a privilege, despite the sleepless nights, haha 

Enjoy the journey!

Take plenty of photos because they grow so quickly

I hardly have any video of her crawling but plenty of her learning to walk

Edited by Macrosszero
  • Praise 1

Time flies. Has the girl started to roll, crawl, yet?

For our boy, around 5 mth period, he started to roll... and one night when he was supposed to be sleeping already, and wife and i were in the living room, we heard what was then a heart-stopping loud thug sound, and it was accompanied at the same time by our legs feeling the floor (whole flat's floor was connected) got some impact (unlike maybe a pencil dropping, which nobody will feel anything)... and immediately after that, the boy's wailing...

We had put him on a almost-queen-sized sofa bed that was chucked at a corner of the room, and he was sleeping at that corner (2 sides are wall), and with adult pillows and bolsters barricading the remaining 2 sides... Up till that point, it had gone well and nothing happened...

We jumped up and rushed in, and saw him on the floor, wailing... we guessed the sound and impact must have been his head hitting the floor... and good thing the sofa bed was much lower than our normal bed - maybe about 40 cm high only...

Our heart sank at that moment, and all sorts of thoughts came rushing in... we quickly carried him up, switched on light, checked his body and head, etc. etc. - all while sweating and worrying sick at the same time... cos he didn't stop crying 😭

after maybe 5-10 min of frantic moments, we somehow decided to try giving him a bottle of milk... and wow... the fella immediately stopped crying and started drinking, quickly. 😅

The relief was difficult to describe... even though we kept monitoring him to see if got vomit (even for the next couple of days)...

He must have somehow rolled his way over/between all the pillows/bolsters we had put there to prevent him falling just in case...

Moral of the story recount: must start to take precaution, once it approaches the time that the kids will/should start to roll, and by extension, crawl, walk, run, etc. Don't be caught out like us...

• Praise 7
  • Sad 1

Babies are much tougher than we think they are, and tougher than adults. They can fall from bed heights, hit head on the floor with a loud "thud" cry loudly in pain for awhile. Next day, back to normal. No blue-black, no bump, no cracked skull. Their bones are still soft and mass low. Impact with floor will not fracture bones. Unlike us adults.

My kids had their share of falls from the cot, bed, sofa. None suffered more than a night from the effects 

• Haha! 3

My baby is a well rounded one... like Michelin right now haha

And equally slack.. no turning yet... perfect as a paperweight, hahaha

• Haha! 2

50 minutes ago, therock said:

My baby is a well rounded one... like Michelin right now haha

And equally slack.. no turning yet... perfect as a paperweight, hahaha

Wait till you get to this stage

A876DAAF-D27C-41C4-919F-6E054D6F3517.png

• Haha! 4

Just now, Macrosszero said:

Wait till you get to this stage

A876DAAF-D27C-41C4-919F-6E054D6F3517.png

Haha, in my case I need to keep alert to dodge a second wave of pee when I change... 

Help:
Baby is 5.5 months and now has running nose + cough... any meds or treatment to recommend? I read that no antibiotics will help right now, just iliadin? 

Thanks

Supercharged
2 minutes ago, therock said:

Help:
Baby is 5.5 months and now has running nose + cough... any meds or treatment to recommend? I read that no antibiotics will help right now, just iliadin? 

Thanks

Mine had fever, mucus when he was about 2 and nothing helped. Brought him to a kiddie massage place in Changi Rd. Pooped out mucus after first session, ditto second one, all ok after third session. Yu Guo xxx. Have moved nearer to Kembangan MRT