Laopeh asking for advice - older fathers chat

therock

Twincharged
17 hours ago, Kklim said:

Mine had fever, mucus when he was about 2 and nothing helped. Brought him to a kiddie massage place in Changi Rd. Pooped out mucus after first session, ditto second one, all ok after third session. Yu Guo xxx. Have moved nearer to Kembangan MRT

Can  be dam long q right🤣

↡ Advertisement

On 6/3/2022 at 1:20 PM, serenade said:

Babies are much tougher than we think they are, and tougher than adults. They can fall from bed heights, hit head on the floor with a loud "thud" cry loudly in pain for awhile. Next day, back to normal. No blue-black, no bump, no cracked skull. Their bones are still soft and mass low. Impact with floor will not fracture bones. Unlike us adults.

My kids had their share of falls from the cot, bed, sofa. None suffered more than a night from the effects 

This would have been helpful if i had read it 19 yr ago, or 17 yr in the case of my boy. 😄

but hor, i suspect parents being parents, esp if it's first child, sure will still worry like mad lor... 

but yes, despite our worries, the fella turned out bo dai ji. After finished the milk, went back to sleep already, couldn't be bothered... 🤣

On 6/3/2022 at 3:52 PM, Kklim said:

Mine had fever, mucus when he was about 2 and nothing helped. Brought him to a kiddie massage place in Changi Rd. Pooped out mucus after first session, ditto second one, all ok after third session. Yu Guo xxx. Have moved nearer to Kembangan MRT

our girl fell sick more often than the brother when they were young. When she was about maybe 3-5 yr old, when she got the flu (or flu-like illnesses), had fever and coughed, the western med that the PD gave, didn't help much, but she responded well when we brought her to a TCM at Queestown. The meds were bitter but she somehow could tahan and it wasn't a huge struggle to get her to take them.

But strangely it lasted for only about 2 yr, and then she didn't respond well to the TCM anymore, by which time she was diagnosed to have mild asthmatic symptoms, and needed inhaler (think with ventolin) to help her breathe smoothly.

Bros this may be a tad early to consider..

But has anyone brought their baby on a very long flight?

I'm planning a trip to NZ during the CNY period next year, and my baby will be 1.2 yr old then... 

(edited)
2 hours ago, therock said:

I'm planning a trip to NZ during the CNY period next year, and my baby will be 1.2 yr old then... 

U know your baby "behavior" best.... most babies sleep almost whole day. Adjust feeding time a bit..... I played with my baby and tried not to feed before flight.

Once inside plane, drank milk and slept inside bassinets the whole flight. :D

Edited by jcmm

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 6/4/2022 at 8:03 PM, therock said:

Unless u are visiting family, not my thing.

I can't take redeye flights cos my kids cant sleep well on them. They can't sleep well = i can't sleep well. It's just a torture.

Unless u are taking business class, means it will be the kid on you or your wife's lap for 10hrs. <2 is no seat.
It's bloody uncomfortable.
unless grandparents or helper is traveling along, then maybe yeah lor, will be partly tolerable cos everyone can take a break.

My girl was 1.5 when she went to bali, but that was a 2hr flight with grandparents along and cos it's my friends wedding i was attending. After 2 years old, we went to Perth. Even then my wife couldn't go to the toilet on the way back cos my kid was trying to sleep on her. 

Depends on your lifestyle lah. Some parents will just bring their kids go globe trotting. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 3

Hypersonic

So many parents forget

the child has their own thoughts and idea and want to live their lives their way.

The I have plans for my kid . . . . . . 

Your plans may not be their plans.

The only thing you can do is accept them AS they are.

:D

If my daughter like girls so be it.

If my sons turn out to be lesbians trapped in a man's body I can accept that.

If my kids want to be sportsman instead of carrying on my business being used car salesman and massage young lady therapists

its their life!

• Praise 1

On 6/3/2022 at 3:52 PM, Kklim said:

Thanks bro, wife brought baby there, they put meds on something to be worn around the tummy - it looks like a bra strap that has fallen - hahahaha

Induces coughing, follow up this weekend... really hope things get better... the chesty sounds are a real heart ache..

14 hours ago, therock said:

Thanks bro, wife brought baby there, they put meds on something to be worn around the tummy - it looks like a bra strap that has fallen - hahahaha

Induces coughing, follow up this weekend... really hope things get better... the chesty sounds are a real heart ache..

If he sounds very chesty, bring him to see your GP or paeds. He may have bronchiolitis. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

If he sounds very chesty, bring him to see your GP or paeds. He may have bronchiolitis. 

Thanks 🙏

Wife kiasu..

after TCM we rushed to see a Peads friend

viral URTI

lungs clear.. masterly inactivity 

prescribed some Zyrtec to keep mum happy but I think it’s just a bump in the road, as parents we just need to keep calm ..

but baby charmed the TCM and Peads 

heh 

Wah the TCM is crazy man.. 

busy busy 

lots of kids there so bring masks 

the Centre has a podiatry practice too and TKD for kids 

Kembangan plaza 

Bros

I can’t find my baby’s health booklet and we are due for a vaccination soon

any issues if I don’t bring it ?

Thanks