Laopeh asking for advice - older fathers chat

therock

4 minutes ago, therock said:

Wah it’s slow progress .. antibiotics given since the water bag has broken 

Not everyone does it but I found that a confinement nanny for 1-2 months also helps. Then the mother can focus on recovering and learning mothering from the nanny.

Sounds like you’ve already picked up your go bag. Not long more to go!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

33 minutes ago, therock said:

Thanks bro

sleep is more important than ever

some advice on types of feed, diapers and such will be good. 
sale lobang too 🙏 

remember that the milk bottle teat has size for new borns... I remember my first kid, we buy bottles but the wrong teat... I have to drive out to buy the right teats...

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

11 hours ago, therock said:

So what do I have in common with Daniel Craig, Aaron Kwok, George Clooney and Clint Eastwood ?

well I have recently joined the hallowed ranks of the Lao Pek group… the dads who are more than half a century old …

Covid times you can weep, wallow or make lemons or babies too..

And so after many years and a very long journey I am now finally a father and MCF is a helpful place filled with folks who have the experience in matters not limited to cars but little babes too. 
So I hope to get some advice on taking car of and brining up my little baby gal 😊 

in preparation I’ve gotten triple concertina wires😏, will take her karate and where it hurts on guys for the future but any further tips will be welcome 🙏 

xie xie everyone 

84EF6FC6-0FE2-40B7-9880-24C2C01542B1.jpeg

Well done bro!

Now time to buy a MPV....

• Haha! 3

19 minutes ago, therock said:

Wah it’s slow progress .. antibiotics given since the water bag has broken 

Still in e process!?!? Hang in there, she'll arrive in no time.

Snap tons of pix...cos they grow up so fast and its a unique & once in a life time event (unless hav 2nd)

Also not forgetting to pamper e missus after giving birth.

Edited by zipping

12 hours ago, therock said:

So what do I have in common with Daniel Craig, Aaron Kwok, George Clooney and Clint Eastwood ?

well I have recently joined the hallowed ranks of the Lao Pek group… the dads who are more than half a century old …

And so after many years and a very long journey I am now finally a father and MCF is a helpful place filled with folks who have the experience in matters not limited to cars but little babes too. 
So I hope to get some advice on taking car of and brining up my little baby gal 😊 

in preparation I’ve gotten triple concertina wires😏, will take her karate and where it hurts on guys for the future but any further tips will be welcome 🙏 

xie xie everyone 

Congrats bro! 

First advice, get her a sibling :D

• Haha! 7

Congrats. 

It will be tiring but worth it, makes me a better person, i think, knowing it is likely a lost venture, monetary wise, yet i happily pay up. 😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
10 hours ago, mersaylee said:

Sleep, change diaper, sleep, feed or prepare milk, sleep, change diaper, sleep, feed or prepare milk, sleep, ...

same pattern for at least few months...without any of those multi patterns to make an angel...😁

But fret not, the bundle of joy more than make up for the lost sleep, bad smell, football, mahjong...😂

You remind me of the months I spent taking turns to wake up in the middle of the night feeding her, then carry her around the bedroom singing lullabies coaxing her to sleep while gently tapping her back until she burps. 😅

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, therock said:

Thanks bro

sleep is more important than ever

some advice on types of feed, diapers and such will be good. 
sale lobang too 🙏 

My take on milk formulas.. check the milk company websites as some give free samples for u to try.. then buy small tins first and try different brands to see which are suitable.. then try to alternate between a couple brands so that baby gets used to different tastes.  Me think this helps them to later adapt easier to different food n be less picky food wise.

• Praise 2

Literally in the process!

my own is only 17 months old now and i greatly missed those days carrying with 1 hand and cuddling to slp.

enjoy the moments!

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, therock said:

My wife has handed me a huge list of items to get..

I think my year end bonus just fly away 😂 

CONGRATS ! 

its gonna be the first of many lists 😅

And may I suggest something (that I wish i did) 

- Set up an email account for her. 

- Email to her your thoughts at certain milestones. Or just blabber off whenever you feel like it. 

Our memory fades as we get older. Photos and videos can show what happened but none will be able to convey your feelings/thoughts there and then. it will be priceless for both of you

12 minutes ago, Soya said:

Now time to buy a MPV....

so TRUE !! 🤣

• Praise 9
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Didu said:

You remind me of the months I spent taking turns to wake up in the middle of the night feeding her, then carry her around the bedroom singing lullabies coaxing her to sleep while gently tapping her back until she burps. 😅

Those were the nights...daddy and girl girl nights...

i vividly remember the look on my little one face when I tried for hours to make her sleep in the rocker...sang until I got soar throat yet she just stared at me macam contemplating if she'd made the right choice to be in this family liddat 😂

• Haha! 6

6 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

i vividly remember the look on my little one face when I tried for hours to make her sleep in the rocker...sang until I got soar throat yet she just stared at me macam contemplating if she'd made the right choice to be in this family liddat 😂

you sang like 赵传 si bo ?? [:p]

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
6 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

hahaha. She cannot decide if she wanna sleep or wanna drink milk lah. 🤣

• Haha! 1

57 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

remember that the milk bottle teat has size for new borns... I remember my first kid, we buy bottles but the wrong teat... I have to drive out to buy the right teats...

if can... breast feed best lor... better than formula and much much cheaper and healthier.

also no need all the preparation at night.

• Praise 2

7 minutes ago, Playtime said:

if can... breast feed best lor... better than formula and much much cheaper and healthier.

also no need all the preparation at night.

Depends. My wife never had much milk flow despite her max effort for my son. Cos not much milk for my first born. Her max effort is insane one. Until I tell her just let it be after two weeks and concentrate on getting more sleep before confinement nanny goes. 

Some women have milk until overflowing... Donate milk. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

13 hours ago, therock said:

xie xie everyone 

恭喜恭喜。

Thank you for doing your National Service.  Pls don't stop at One. 😉🤭.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

4 hours ago, therock said:

Good morning and thanks everyone 

when I heard an adjacent couple talk about pre school and kindergarten when we were still at antenatal checks it sent my head spinning 😵💫 

you can queue up when you produce an ultrasound!!

luckily my wife is alumni at a good school but wow..

now even as an alumni,in some schools also need to ballot. 😁

Edited by Mkl22
↡ Advertisement