Laopeh asking for advice - older fathers chat

therock

Found this new brand called Hinomi 

the seat is meant for small to medium butts and there are multitude means of adjustments for height, lumbar, armrests, lean back and even a foot rest. Build is ok, a bit plasticity and I’m not sure how long it’s going to last- kind of like a French car : great features, smart designs and ergonomics but durability might be in question. 
stacked a few coupons and paid $484 for the black one. Free delivery and assembly plus a free plastic floor protector 👏 

👍 

https://www.hinomi.sg/products/hinomi-h1-pro-ergonomic-office-chaire

• Praise 1

A tip for @kobayashiGT and @SiLangKia

so I went to try out the chair and told the sales rep I wanted a box around 6kg to hold… she looked rather amused and the ladies around also perked up their ears

Then I proceeded to hug the box and lean back then rock back and forth .. I could see a light bulb go off in her head and there were smiles plus looks of admiration, even from the younger single looking gals .. so food for thought eh… 😉 

• Haha! 4

Not to frighten you, but just thought you might want to know. A batch of Similac, made by Abbott in Michigan, USA is found contaminated. One infant died.

https://news.yahoo.com/fda-not-recalled-infant-formulas-000103789.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. health officials warned parents on Thursday not to use three popular powdered infant formulas manufactured at an Abbott plant in Michigan that investigators recently linked to bacterial contamination.

The Food and Drug Administration said it is investigating four reports of infants who were hospitalized after consuming the formula, including one who died. The agency said one of the cases involved salmonella and three involved Cronobacter sakazakiim, a rare but dangerous germ that can cause blood infections and other serious complications.

Abbott, one of the country's largest infant formula makers, said it is recalling all potentially affected products manufactured at the facility. The recall affects certain lots of Similac, Alimentum and EleCare with expiration dates of April 1, 2022, or later. The product was distributed throughout the U.S. and overseas, the company said in a statement.

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

31 minutes ago, therock said:

Age catches up....

I'm glad baby sleeps well at night

Carrying this ever heavier baby is something else...

image.png

I once made the mistake of not carrying the stroller. Then she was tired and didn’t want to walk, when we were out at Singapore garden festival. Had to piggy back her at 18kg. Really jialat. My back took a beating. 

• Shocked 1

A stroller is a must if i go out w my kids when they're younger....if it's not them sitting in it, it's e bag I'm carrying w their stuff in it.

Edited by zipping
  • Praise 4

Raw

On 2/18/2022 at 11:33 PM, Mkl22 said:

I once made the mistake of not carrying the stroller. Then she was tired and didn’t want to walk, when we were out at Singapore garden festival. Had to piggy back her at 18kg. Really jialat. My back took a beating. 

That's like going route march with FBO. 🤣

• Haha! 1

On 2/18/2022 at 5:59 PM, therock said:

Thanks bro, baby is currently satisfied with Nan 1... let's see how baby takes to the stage 2 feeds...

Many many moon ago, I stop using powder milk, as powder milk sometime causes constipation or made the baby stool harden causing difficulties for the baby to poo. During those years, I used only UHT milk. Reason being, the UHT milk can be taken without heating it up at room temperature and easily available in shopping centre, or other countries supermarket or provisional store . It can be store temporarily in the fridge if cannot finish in 1 feed. It is easy to pour into baby milk bottle as compare to using milk powder where you need to carefully scoop into the bottle and mix it with warm water and if not careful can have milk powder clump.  Milk in the original form is liquid, I cannot imagine how many process it take to convert milk liquid form to powder with all those additional ingredient to have nutrients value and health benefits for the baby. The cost of UHT milk is much cheaper than formula milk, probably fresh milk might be cheaper as well but shelf life is short.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1