Laopeh asking for advice - older fathers chat

therock

2 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

My friend in NZ told me there’s milk cow and meat cow.

Mine definitely the latter...bah bah one 😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4

17 minutes ago, therock said:

First time mums are usually not so productive 

but some in her chat group like to share that they are producing liters and I learnt the meaning of humble boast …

Not really. 2nd time, my wife produced a bit more. But still very low batting average.

8 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

My sister was a cow! Pump and store till it filled the freezer of the 2nd fridge. Easily 30 or more of those breast milk storage packets. 
I asked her wtf was she gonna do with all that? She said just keep. I rolled my eyes. In the end all got dumped! 

Bro, don't tell my wife, she'll get very emo and tear up...

18 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

My sister was a cow! Pump and store till it filled the freezer of the 2nd fridge. Easily 30 or more of those breast milk storage packets. 
I asked her wtf was she gonna do with all that? She said just keep. I rolled my eyes. In the end all got dumped! 

Your bro in law must be very well fed as well 😁

• Haha! 3

35 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Thanks. Looks like I might want to move to UHT milk for my kid. I'm not sure if it will cheaper than my current Lactogen, $30 for 1.8kg.

1L of UHT full cream milk is about 2 dollars? If buy on promo should be quite worthwhile bah.

But depends. My kids were never heavy milk drinkers. Just twice a day once the immediate milk drinking phase of the infant years. 

Especially girls, it's good for them to be on partial soy milk diet IMO. 

Edited by Lala81

3 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Your bro in law must be very well fed as well 😁

I don't know.. a mum was complaining that her breast milk stored in the pantry always seem to 'shrink' in volume when she picked it up at the end of the day.. she figured it was just because it was cold.. then a colleague confided that breast milk was not very tasty with a wink... and that different mums' milk taste different.... the mums never found out before he left for an overseas post.... 😉

• Haha! 4

31 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

dont waste... next time try.😁

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

You guys so lucky get to experience the sweetness from the authentic original source…mine a dry cow…kids didn’t even had enuf, let alone let me test the taste…

I know I know…life is unfair and not perfect sometimes 😂

this is a traditional recipie.

my MIL says last time feed pigs... given to mother pigs too.

• Haha! 1

My baby makes cheese too on the neck hahaha

https://mominformed.com/baby-neck-cheese-how-to-prevent-clean-and-get-rid-of-it/

"Baby neck cheese is the result of spit, drool, milk, formula, or other things irritating the folds of skin on the neck. This is extremely common in babies that are chubby because they have neck fat.

It is also common in babies under four months old because they cannot hold their heads up yet. This prevents air circulation in the area. It can also result in the folds of skin rubbing against each other, which itself can cause irritation."

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Kb27 said:

Thanks. Looks like I might want to move to UHT milk for my kid. I'm not sure if it will cheaper than my current Lactogen, $30 for 1.8kg.

I usually stockpile 3-4 carton of 1L UHT and 3-4 carton of small packet UHT for my kids to bring to school which will last for about 3-4 mths. Once a week will just buy 2x1L fresh milk.

Edited by Ghgan

My baby has discovered hands and how to use them … now baby has mastered Stephen Chow’s famous kungfu style and tried them on me when I was carrying 

😣 😅 

image.gif.69087fadffb579b46611a312df3c10bf.gif

• Haha! 1

Supersonic

Sigh, baby had the first bout of flu / diarrhoea today.. we think it's a bug, rather than the change in milk.. but we had to scamper to get a difference brand of milk Similac 1 or something asap.. 

Asked a peads friend, apparently, you just give supportive therapy and you only go to A&E for rehydration drips if baby is really severely dehydrated..

https://www.healthline.com/health/baby/dehydration-in-babies#symptoms

Common signs of dehydration in newborns include:

sunken soft spot on the top of the head

sleeping too much (more than normal for even a baby!)

sunken eyes

crying with little or no tears

fussiness

cold or discolored hands and feet

wrinkly skin

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, therock said:

Sigh, baby had the first bout of flu / diarrhoea today.. we think it's a bug, rather than the change in milk.. but we had to scamper to get a difference brand of milk Similac 1 or something asap.. 

Asked a peads friend, apparently, you just give supportive therapy and you only go to A&E for rehydration drips if baby is really severely dehydrated..

https://www.healthline.com/health/baby/dehydration-in-babies#symptoms

Common signs of dehydration in newborns include:

sunken soft spot on the top of the head

sleeping too much (more than normal for even a baby!)

sunken eyes

crying with little or no tears

fussiness

cold or discolored hands and feet

wrinkly skin

Oh dear, wish BabyRock 早日康复。💪😊

• Praise 1

Speedy recovery for your baby.

When my kids were infant or toddler and they experienced stomach flu or diarrhoea, peads says to give diluted milk or soy milk to reduce the frequency of poo. Abbott has soy milk for infants, bought a small tin to test water. Baby didn't like the taste 😅, hardly drink and kept till expiry. In the end, no choice got to dilute his regular milk for normal feeds. My kids was on Similac from young.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Happy mother's day everyone

I can commensurate with the getai mama - got her kid at 50...

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/entertainment/jade-rasif-liu-lingling-and-other-spore-celeb-maverick-mums

image.thumb.png.216fb22ec4803986508d758d0fa240a1.png

"Getai queen Liu Lingling is acutely aware that time is not on her side when it comes to raising her son.

Which is why every precious moment the 59-year-old actress-host has with nine-year-old Xiang Xiang is greatly cherished.

In 2013, Liu caused a stir when she announced she gave birth at 50 after a hush-hush pregnancy that was kept secret from even her own family members.

She underwent two cycles of in-vitro fertilisation in Johor Bahru, after eight intrauterine inseminations.

She says: "If I wanted to give birth, I should not give up. Once you give up, who can help you?

"And if I listened to what people told me last time, then I wouldn't be where I am now.

"But I knew people would be so worried about me because of my age, so I kept it confidential."

Ever the gregarious go-getter, Liu says she was prepared to "endure" - even lose her life - until she achieved her goal.

Her husband was initially "scared and worried" for her as she had diabetes and high blood pressure. She has been married to former businessman Qiu Jinhai, 57, for 25 years.

She says: "I told him, let's say my life ends after I give birth, at least you have our baby to keep you company. It's still worth it."

While some were inspired by Liu's decision to have a baby in her middle age, others accused her of being selfish.

She recalls: "The journey was not easy. I cried every day because when I thought of him at 10 years old, I would be 60, and I don't know how long I can stay with him."

Death is a topic she does not shy away from or sugarcoat.

"I always tell him, 'Mama is old already, if one day I die, how will you feel? Scared or not? You will have to handle things yourself.'"

When Xiang Xiang was three, he would burst into tears at the thought of the morbid subject.

But over the years, Liu says he has "accepted" the scenario, and now handles such discussions in a matter-of-fact fashion.

She says: "I'm always planning how to teach him to be independent and fill up the journey for him in the event that he ends up alone.

"I really have to squeeze everything into the time we have - I cannot wait for him to be the correct age."

• Praise 3

Supersonic

Eventful weekend.. baby has loose stools, causing excoriations of her skin, and each time she poops, we clean her, making the raw skin worse... luckily my wife still has a small amount of breast milk, but we can feel she's lighter and didn't drool as much, but at least baby is still all smiles.. heart break... 

Supersonic
58 minutes ago, therock said:

Happy mother's day everyone

I can commensurate with the getai mama - got her kid at 50...

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/entertainment/jade-rasif-liu-lingling-and-other-spore-celeb-maverick-mums

image.thumb.png.216fb22ec4803986508d758d0fa240a1.png

"Getai queen Liu Lingling is acutely aware that time is not on her side when it comes to raising her son.

Which is why every precious moment the 59-year-old actress-host has with nine-year-old Xiang Xiang is greatly cherished.

In 2013, Liu caused a stir when she announced she gave birth at 50 after a hush-hush pregnancy that was kept secret from even her own family members.

She underwent two cycles of in-vitro fertilisation in Johor Bahru, after eight intrauterine inseminations.

She says: "If I wanted to give birth, I should not give up. Once you give up, who can help you?

"And if I listened to what people told me last time, then I wouldn't be where I am now.

"But I knew people would be so worried about me because of my age, so I kept it confidential."

Ever the gregarious go-getter, Liu says she was prepared to "endure" - even lose her life - until she achieved her goal.

Her husband was initially "scared and worried" for her as she had diabetes and high blood pressure. She has been married to former businessman Qiu Jinhai, 57, for 25 years.

She says: "I told him, let's say my life ends after I give birth, at least you have our baby to keep you company. It's still worth it."

While some were inspired by Liu's decision to have a baby in her middle age, others accused her of being selfish.

She recalls: "The journey was not easy. I cried every day because when I thought of him at 10 years old, I would be 60, and I don't know how long I can stay with him."

Death is a topic she does not shy away from or sugarcoat.

"I always tell him, 'Mama is old already, if one day I die, how will you feel? Scared or not? You will have to handle things yourself.'"

When Xiang Xiang was three, he would burst into tears at the thought of the morbid subject.

But over the years, Liu says he has "accepted" the scenario, and now handles such discussions in a matter-of-fact fashion.

She says: "I'm always planning how to teach him to be independent and fill up the journey for him in the event that he ends up alone.

"I really have to squeeze everything into the time we have - I cannot wait for him to be the correct age."

She married for 25 years without kid and eventually managed to give birth at the age of 50?! 😅 I always thought she is not married? Cause her private life seems quite hush hush.

Twincharged
1 hour ago, therock said:

Eventful weekend.. baby has loose stools, causing excoriations of her skin, and each time she poops, we clean her, making the raw skin worse... luckily my wife still has a small amount of breast milk, but we can feel she's lighter and didn't drool as much, but at least baby is still all smiles.. heart break... 

don’t clean with wipes. Use a small basin with warm water and wash. Or just adjust tap at warm water and hold her and wash. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3