Migrating to vietnam with wife

Philipkee

Now that I am married, I will now have part two.Β  Living the rural retirement in vietnam.Β  Not sure how this thread will end up.Β  Heheh.Β  @Carbon82Β don't link the two threads ok? :D Β This is separate topic.

For those who missed the story behind my marriage, the thread is here

Β 

↑ Advertisement
  • Praise 9
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 9

My target is Oct 2023 when my current contract expires.Β  By then hopefully my investment dividends will give me a living wage in vietnam.

House fully paid for.

I can sell my Honda city which will be three years old then.

• Praise 2

@Philipkee

9 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

My target is Oct 2023 when my current contract expires.Β  By then hopefully my investment dividends will give me a living wage in vietnam.

House fully paid for.

How much is that, and more importantly is that her family's expectations? πŸ™‚

26 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Now that I am married, I will now have part two.Β  Living the rural retirement in vietnam.Β  Not sure how this thread will end up.Β  Heheh.Β  @Carbon82Β don't link the two threads ok? :D Β This is separate topic.

Β 

Not so simple.Β 

U speak viet? I believe u are in 40s and what are u going to do in Vietnam for the next 30years?Β 

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Karoon said:

@Philipkee

How much is that, and more importantly is that her family's expectations? πŸ™‚

Should be ok ba.Β  They know I am not going there as a rich person.Β  Lol.Β  But I must be able to provide for myself at least. That's why I don't plan to quit also.Β  Or at least maintain nursing licence for on off jobs.

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Yeshe said:

Not so simple.Β 

U speak viet? I believe u are in 40s and what are u going to do in Vietnam for the next 30years?Β 

Learning viet.Β  Slowly.Β  And I learned one thing from kalimantan.Β  As long as you can feed yourself and pay your expenses, there are things you can do.Β  You will just find things to do.

And language is not the issue.Β  From my experience in myanmar and Indonesia, once language is a necessity for survival, one learns super fast.

• Praise 4

4 minutes ago, Yeshe said:

Not so simple.Β 

But you are right. It might not work out.Β  It also might.Β  So just follow this thread. It has all the makings of a multi year long thread.

Just like my round the world thread and marrying a foreign wife thread.Β 

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 3

21 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

House fully paid for.

Just got married and now you already have target toΒ migrate to Vietnam liao?!Β πŸ˜…Β 

• Praise 1

17 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Just got married and now you already have target toΒ migrate to Vietnam liao?!Β πŸ˜…Β 

Actually since 2017 I have been saying this.

Screenshot_20211219-190356_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

Β 

You might as well create a whole forum lo.. since you at it… wth … can u imagine if everyone starts their lives on diff threads… u think this what

Β 

myPhilipkeeforum.com ah

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 12

There could be even good paying jobs in some private international hospitals over there... maybe can look around

Good luck!

Edited by yishunite
  • Praise 1

Only just married and thinking of going over there to get swallowed up?Β 

Hope you are clear of what you are getting into. A visit is never going to give you a clear picture.

Live for 5-10 years with your Vietnamese wife in Singapore first. At least this your home ground.

• Praise 16
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Obama says it best πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

89C45CA6-71BD-44EE-95EC-180FD725CAD8.gif

↑ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2