Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 6

Blueray

On 3/25/2023 at 3:25 PM, YeongHanHui said:

@YeongHanHui haha it was same case last time when i wait for AS5, by the time come out i already on new tyres, and by the time the "new tires" time to change, the newer AS model already launched but NOT available in Singapore. so will be the same if i need to change tyres again in 2years time and AS7 will be launched but with long wait in Singapore...

• Haha! 1

Any brother or sister on this F1A6? How's the ride? Quietness and grip? I saw alot of review online but hope to hear from car drivers in Singapore based on our road condition and climate.  

On 8/15/2023 at 9:36 AM, LoverofCar said:

Any brother or sister on this F1A6? How's the ride? Quietness and grip? I saw alot of review online but hope to hear from car drivers in Singapore based on our road condition and climate.  

A Friend using it on his Camry Hybrid,245/40-19..He said much Quieter than Michelin PS4,Grip is very Good..both Dry & Wet...very Value for Money.

Edited by ER-3682
  • Praise 4

@ER-3682 thanks for the reply.  Making a Selection between F1A6 and Continental Premium contact 7.  Prices should be rather close. Maybe $20 more for Conti.

Any brother and sister got good price tyre shop to recommend?

On 8/16/2023 at 10:33 AM, LoverofCar said:

@ER-3682 thanks for the reply.  Making a Selection between F1A6 and Continental Premium contact 7.  Prices should be rather close. Maybe $20 more for Conti.

Any brother and sister got good price tyre shop to recommend?

Can call up Soon Huat at Toh Guan and ask for the price. Last change (GY) I bought from them after checking around.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
On 8/16/2023 at 11:49 AM, Volvobrick said:

Can call up Soon Huat at Toh Guan and ask for the price. Last change (GY) I bought from them after checking around.

For me I avoid soon huat for his lousy alignment 

On 8/16/2023 at 12:18 PM, Mkl22 said:

My Cars...never do Alignment from new to scrap..for example my Mazda 6,same as my 370z,car no pulling,Tyres wear evenly..why need waste Money do Alignment.?

Edited by ER-3682
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

On 8/16/2023 at 12:59 PM, ER-3682 said:

My Cars...never do Alignment from new to scrap..for example my Mazda 6,same as my 370z,car no pulling,Tyres wear evenly..why need waste Money do Alignment.?

Likely you drive slowwwwwwly

On 8/16/2023 at 12:59 PM, ER-3682 said:

If never hit big potholes, kerbs, langga, replace control arma/shocks, don't need to do.

On 8/16/2023 at 12:18 PM, Mkl22 said:

there are two shops in that building with "soon huat" in the name. Both are on ground floor. One sells tyres (i avoid them like the plague due to bad experience), the other is a regular car workshop that also does alignment,

• Haha! 1

On 9/5/2023 at 10:29 PM, Shibadog said:

there are two shops in that building with "soon huat" in the name. Both are on ground floor. One sells tyres (i avoid them like the plague due to bad experience), the other is a regular car workshop that also does alignment,

The one I went is with the alignment rack at the front of the shop. Sort of half outside the shop. 

Edited by Mkl22

On the Assy6s for a month now after moving up from the Assy5s. Initial impressions are good, mainly because of the price. 

Although still fairly new, feels like it is slightly quieter than the Assy5. Now I do mean slight - the Assy5 or Assy6 for that matter are not the tyres you'd want for a quiet ride. Many other choices for that.

Wet grip on the Assy5 is already good, even when worn. But the Assy6s are better when compared new. Really quite impressive how they can put 300hp down with quite spirited throttle inputs in sketchy, greasy conditions. In the dry, they are predictable, offering quite good levels of grip. Still follows the same qualities of being progressive towards the edge of grip like the Assy5s. Of course these aren't RE71s, and the tyres are still new. But definitely a marked improvement on the already good Assy5s in both wet and dry conditions.

Overall I don't see why these aren't the best option for reasonable daily use with fast road driving, especially for its price. 

• Praise 2