Is It Really Cheaper To own An EV Versus A Gas Car?

kobayashiGT

On 1/3/2022 at 2:35 PM, Thaiyotakamli said:

I heard EV first service at 50k km thats to replace brake pad and some check only

my friend go in , u guess do what .

Top up wiper fluid🤣,

another time change cabin filter

with the regenerative braking, dun know 50k need to change brakes or not

i think in 20 years time alot of WS will KO😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

taycan already there officially 

not sure when the guy did the "road trip" but it wasn't that long ago. Have to be after the state borders opened in Phase 3 or 4.

https://www.buro247.my/lifestyle/motoring/electric-cars-ev-in-malaysia.html

but yeah, seems to have limited choice for now.

https://paultan.org/2021/09/04/opinion-we-now-have-premium-evs-in-malaysia-but-where-are-the-affordable-electric-cars-that-we-can-buy/

Taycan in Msia since late 2020.

https://paultan.org/2020/09/18/2020-porsche-taycan-launched-in-malaysia/

Should be the most comprehensive charging network for an AD.

Supercharged
15 minutes ago, Beregond said:

my friend go in , u guess do what .

Top up wiper fluid🤣,

another time change cabin filter

with the regenerative braking, dun know 50k need to change brakes or not

i think in 20 years time alot of WS will KO😅

The biggest hit will be the AD workshops. Today they hold new car owners hostage for 1st 3 or 5 years to go back and pay $500 for an oil change and free car wash.

EV will still need to change shock absorbers, suspension bushings, have leaking radiators and gone case 12V batteries. Not to mention spoil electrical switches and various servos. Those can still provide business for outside workshops.

• Praise 3

Supercharged
7 hours ago, inlinesix said:

This is a bad review. Mini Cooper SE is a compromised EV.

For proper review, get Nissan Leaf.

Leaf is compromised EV.... no active cooling for battery and more importantly you run around SG or MY cannot find compatible fast charger for the stupid CHARGEMO system.

Use Tesla M3LR for the road trip i think will be much better state.

• Praise 1

22 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Taycan in Msia since late 2020.

https://paultan.org/2020/09/18/2020-porsche-taycan-launched-in-malaysia/

Should be the most comprehensive charging network for an AD.

i remember years ago on one trip up north, i saw a BMW X5 dunno simi PHEV model plugged into a charging station in Petronas at one of the RnR along NSHW. Even my friend doing sales in PML was shocked to see they are so far ahead of us as at that time, PML was not selling any PHEV.

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

The biggest hit will be the AD workshops. Today they hold new car owners hostage for 1st 3 or 5 years to go back and pay $500 for an oil change and free car wash.

EV will still need to change shock absorbers, suspension bushings, have leaking radiators and gone case 12V batteries. Not to mention spoil electrical switches and various servos. Those can still provide business for outside workshops.

'spoil electrical switches and various servos' all these is under parts failure. if the ev got 5 years warrently, i think its under AD  to replace FOC.

'leaking radiators and gone case 12V batteries' I dun think EV   got these? ( haven look under any ev yet)

There is basically very very few period maintenance for EV.

'shock absorbers, suspension bushings'  the undercarriage area still cannot escape. Tyres shop not much effect, pure ws really need to upgrade and get ready , if not can eat grass or retire😅

3 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

i remember years ago on one trip up north, i saw a BMW X5 dunno simi PHEV model plugged into a charging station in Petronas at one of the RnR along NSHW. Even my friend doing sales in PML was shocked to see they are so far ahead of us as at that time, PML was not selling any PHEV.

BMW has been selling X5 PHEV since 2016 (thereabout).

There is tax incentive that resulted in saving of RM150k.

X5 M40 about RM500k.

X5 PHEV about RM350k.

With PHEV, can use a 3 pin plug to charge (very slowly) at home.  A full charge can drive about 50km.

• Praise 1

16 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Leaf is compromised EV.... no active cooling for battery and more importantly you run around SG or MY cannot find compatible fast charger for the stupid CHARGEMO system.

Use Tesla M3LR for the road trip i think will be much better state.

Tesla has NO AD in MY.

I don't think the journalist got lobang to find 1

Supercharged
46 minutes ago, Beregond said:

'spoil electrical switches and various servos' all these is under parts failure. if the ev got 5 years warrently, i think its under AD  to replace FOC.

'leaking radiators and gone case 12V batteries' I dun think EV   got these? ( haven look under any ev yet)

There is basically very very few period maintenance for EV.

'shock absorbers, suspension bushings'  the undercarriage area still cannot escape. Tyres shop not much effect, pure ws really need to upgrade and get ready , if not can eat grass or retire😅

Forgive me for asking a noob EV question.  😁

Is there such a thing as not to drive above 80km/h for first 1000km on a new EV?

• Haha! 1

On 1/4/2022 at 4:58 PM, Soya said:

The hilarious thing is that not only AD can makan the $25k VES rebate but also certain EV brands help drive COE up by more than $30k

End of the day, no revenue was lost, clawback on lost petrol duties covered by extra road tax, looks good on paper than EV is off to a good start, EV sellers make extra profit via the rebate, EV drivers win traffic light grand prix

So everybody wins!......

You hit the G-spot !

If the govt want to make EV works, give out free COE for EV cars and ensure the charging station is easily available islandwide with FOC charging. 

Those half-baked measures are just simply painting SG as a Green country in Global map.  

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
9 hours ago, inlinesix said:

This is a bad review. Mini Cooper SE is a compromised EV.

For proper review, get Nissan Leaf.

Wah 1st time  you diss a mini!

Edited by Mkl22
  • Haha! 1

On 1/3/2022 at 9:27 AM, RadX said:

Sorry hor but gahmen tax increase screws the whole equatiin

so imma gonna continue screwing Mother Earth 😂

KNN……. Greta says to you 😂

D93BE139-7459-43A5-BC8B-D48CCDA7692E.jpeg

• Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

KNN……. Greta says to you 😂

D93BE139-7459-43A5-BC8B-D48CCDA7692E.jpeg

No way i will screw her…

i chop better😂

• Haha! 2

18 hours ago, Didu said:

Is there such a thing as not to drive above 80km/h for first 1000km on a new EV?

I didn’t bother and I don’t think the AD said anything either. Collect car liao drove the length of the island and back then check charging…. 

• Praise 1

19 hours ago, Didu said:

Personally I think no need to because there is no engine.

• Praise 1

27 minutes ago, ElectricYouth said:

I didn’t bother and I don’t think the AD said anything either. Collect car liao drove the length of the island and back then check charging…. 

13 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Personally I think no need to because there is no engine.

To me, it is no different from running in new tyre and brake pad/disc.

• Praise 1

@Shibadog 

Actually i like the idea of a PHEV, at least for now. I used to drive a BMW 225XE as a loaner car while my car was in the workshop for about a week and a half.

Basically u get best of both worlds.. u r basically driving an electric car (while battery still have juice) + No range anxiety as petrol engine can come in seamlessly when the batteries go out of juice.

↡ Advertisement