COE Bidding – January 2022

Carbon82

From here onwards, it should be a downward slide of COE. With some luck, we may be near $40-$50k region for cat b by year end, assuming there’s no gst increase.

• Praise 1

Just now, mikk123 said:

how come? we run out of rich people? 

Since it dropped, this weekend showroom will be flooded again....😁

probably rumour of feb - may quotas might increase slightly due to more scaping old ridemaking people wait out for another mth and also the new TDSR reduce by 5% making people think twice before booking a ride.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Bensky said:

From here onwards, it should be a downward slide of COE. With some luck, we may be near $40-$50k region for cat b by year end, assuming there’s no gst increase.

The former is a possibility but I am not hopeful that the govt will withhold increasing the gst...

13 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

The former is a possibility but I am not hopeful that the govt will withhold increasing the gst...

But why does GST increase cause car prices to spike?

On the contrary, I thought it will cause car prices to decrease because the increase in GST for a new car would most likely be offset by the potential decrease in COE due to dampened demand thanks to GST?

But of course, nothing in life is certain except death @RadX and taxes, of which GST is one.

Edited by Brass
  • Haha! 1

6 hours ago, mikk123 said:

how come? we run out of rich people? 

Since it dropped, this weekend showroom will be flooded again....😁

Today bid dropped, then people go in this weekend to buy, can get car before CNY bo? Lol.

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Today bid dropped, then people go in this weekend to buy, can get car before CNY bo? Lol.

chance to get car from AD before CNY is almost 0% but PI maybe can get if car is already in sg.

• Praise 1

27 minutes ago, darviathan said:

chance to get car from AD before CNY is almost 0% but PI maybe can get if car is already in sg.

PML has ex stock which can be delivered before CNY. My friend just gotten his COE today. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Melody288 said:

PML has ex stock which can be delivered before CNY. My friend just gotten his COE today. 

what he meant is this coming weekend to book car.

31 minutes ago, cashcow said:

@Jamesc what is your latest crystal ball's forecast this coming 19 Jan 2022 coe bidding. Any idea?

Or bo chap one....lol

Everything going up, poly fees, ITE fees etc so COE follow.

:D

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

On 1/5/2022 at 4:29 PM, Ingenius said:

Looks like the proverbial $100k coe price is untenable. 

Coe supply still dropping

On 1/5/2022 at 8:37 PM, Bensky said:

If COE drops during supply reduction, it may not be a good sign for the economy.

COE went above 90k in 2012 and 2013. We are now just entering that part of the cycle.

In this past 10 years, with rising population, salary, inflation, the tendency should be for COE to surpass previous peaks.

Some events may cause COE to fall:

1. Government policies eg release more COE, reduce loan quantum

2. Reduction of demand. More people give up driving, scrapping of their car and return COE to the system. Less new car buyers.

Buyers would need to judge how likely are the above scenarios

Edited by Lotr

I have to be honest with everybody and say I like high COE.

If COE was $2 then everyone goes to the Yaya papayas AD who look at your face one.

When COE is high they come to me and I never see your face one.

I just see your wallet.

Fat fat wallet I recommend something more atas.

Slim slim wallet like mine I recommend something more affordable.

:D

• Haha! 3

seems like this bid the price gonna rise for Cat A. Cat A might break the 60k barrier while cat b might just hover around 78k.

Edited by darviathan

Bidding will end on 19/1/22 @1600 hrs.

Cat B now at $79,800 - bidders die die must have car before CNY   

😆

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1