Bidding will end on 19/1/22 @1600 hrs.

Cat B now at $79,800 - bidders die die must have car before CNY   

😆

Wa, cat B crossed 80k mark sia!

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Wa, cat B crossed 80k mark sia!

May be it will drop by a couple thousands in the next bidding, like after the last Nov 1st bidding...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

I believe the Q3 and Q4 2021 COE bidding had not been as aggressive as car shipments were delayed by chips and parts shortage.  Going forward, there should be more shipments and I think bidding will heat up again.

Car dealers in Singapore brace themselves for a bumpy ride amid chip crunch

SINGAPORE - It has been the best of times and the worst of times for local car dealers as demand accelerates, but a lack of vehicles worldwide has meant sales are stuck in the slow lane.

The prolonged shortage of computer chips has forced carmakers to slash production, which has in turn hit sales and left frustrated motorists wondering when their shiny new ride will appear.

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/companies-markets/car-dealers-in-singapore-brace-themselves-for-a-bumpy-ride-amid-chip

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Old-driver said:

Property got cooling measures, COE no have? must slap ABSD and SSD for selling before 3 years..... 

Property cooling measure is to  tax people more, COE already ARF so high, still increase ARF ? 😅😅

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Old-driver said:

Property got cooling measures, COE no have? must slap ABSD and SSD for selling before 3 years..... 

But now still have people sell their car before 3 years? I see most people drive their ride 4 years or more le?! Lol.

2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Property cooling measure is to  tax people more, COE already ARF so high, still increase ARF ? 😅😅

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

But now still have people sell their car before 3 years? I see most people drive their ride 4 years or more le?! Lol.

Got a lot of itchy backside people. I'm of one them. But if got SSD i think i will loon even if backside itchy 🤣

2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

To be fair, they need to curb runaway prices....may it be cars or houses? #justsaying#it won't happen

Edited by Old-driver
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Actually COE is already a very simple system. People can blast it all they want but can they suggest a better way?

the problem is Sinkies like to drive new and new model cars. In California where i used to live, the rich Americans can drive their Prius for years, clock up 300k miles.

If you really need a car, you can always buy an old car, or buy a car during low COE period and drive 10 years. Seriously if I am gahmen, COE is the least of my concern 

• Praise 1

30 minutes ago, Fitmugen said:

Actually COE is already a very simple system. People can blast it all they want but can they suggest a better way?

the problem is Sinkies like to drive new and new model cars. In California where i used to live, the rich Americans can drive their Prius for years, clock up 300k miles.

If you really need a car, you can always buy an old car, or buy a car during low COE period and drive 10 years. Seriously if I am gahmen, COE is the least of my concern 

Other than Open cat, all other Cat requires SingPass or CorpPass to bid.

👍🏻👍🏻

8 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

yeah....sounds simple for how it works, but it is not so simple for implementation. Average workers compete with multimillionaire? fair system? they should create a system that people of certain income level compete with each other if I am gahmen 😂 

Then have to employ tons of traffic polis to enforce that you are driving your own car?

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Old-driver said:

Got a lot of itchy backside people. I'm of one them. But if got SSD i think i will loon even if backside itchy 🤣

To be fair, they need to curb runaway prices....may it be cars or houses? #justsaying#it won't happen

You have a good problem, backside can afford to be itchy.😃😃

Buying Properties involves huge sum of money(and loan), the government has to minimise exposure of people being over leverage. For cars, the money involves is relatively smaller and with the TDSR etc in place, the risk  to the financial institutions is not as high ,this is probably the reason they are not intervening. But if COE drops to too low, they may relax the ruling to induce buying demand to perk up COE price.😃😃

• Shocked 1

Motorcycle COEs, which hit an all-time record of $10k, look set to stay high for some time

SINGAPORE - Certificate of Entitlement (COE) premiums for motorcycles hit a record high of $10,000 at the most recent bidding exercise on Jan 19.

Premiums for this COE category have risen considerably since the second half of 2021, and motorcycle traders had anticipated that premiums would eventually breach the five-digit mark. It was below $4,000 in January 2020, and rose to $7,500 at the same month last year.

The cause of the consistently high prices is demand outstripping supply.

Based on the most recent Food Trends Report published by Grab, the practice of ordering in meals around the clock is set to stay.

That means that demand for food deliveries is unlikely to ease. The supply of COEs for all categories will stay low for now, in keeping with the LTA maintaining the zero growth rate per year for cars and motorcycles until 2025.

Unless food delivery riders can switch to other forms of transport to do their job - which looks unlikely - motorcycle COE premiums look set to stay high for quite a while.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/debrief-motorcycle-coes-which-hit-an-all-time-record-of-10k-look-set-to-stay-high-for-some-time

↡ Advertisement