Budget 2022 to air on Feb 18

RadX

1 minute ago, Blueray said:

Budget debate: Shoppers to pay at least 5 cents per disposable bag at most supermarkets from mid-2023

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/politics/budget-debate-shoppers-to-pay-at-least-5-cents-per-disposable-bag-at-most-supermarkets-from-mid-2023

if PAP could implement a formula for taxing fresh air and farts, they would. :XD:

all in the name of environment, of course. [;)]

We are so late in implementing this.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)
23 hours ago, Blueray said:

Budget debate: Shoppers to pay at least 5 cents per disposable bag at most supermarkets from mid-2023

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/politics/budget-debate-shoppers-to-pay-at-least-5-cents-per-disposable-bag-at-most-supermarkets-from-mid-2023

if PAP could implement a formula for taxing fresh air and farts, they would. :XD:

all in the name of environment, of course. [;)]

1st, they will have to measure how much air u breathe daily..

then put a device at the anus measuring fart in kg....

then send u monthly bill based on the estimates derives...

they may also tax u based on the steps clocked, more steps needs to pay higher as you breathe more air which is "harmful" for the environment.

not to mention the number of times you pee and poo... all will be tax...

i foresee that singapore will be the most expensive city on earth in years to come.. GOD BLESS SINGAPORE

Edited by Actan72

Read the exchanges...🤣 Me pri 3 also can "tell" who got caught with his pants down. Stinky.🤣  Hokkien saying.   Ai qiang Mei Kai qiang. Go one side continue your dozing a smartest choice. 

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/sitoh-yih-pin-jamus-lim-leon-perera-gst-reserves-parliament-2038951

ON MR SITOH’S POSITION

Mr Perera: I think the question, really, is that the Honourable Member said that there can be no such thing — in theory, by definition — as oversaving for a small country like Singapore. Is that the Member’s position or not?

Mr Sitoh: I was responding to Mr Jamus Lim’s speech. And I say it again. For a small country like Singapore, with a limited population with no natural resources, saving is a virtue. I don’t think we should grouse about oversaving.

Mr Perera: I think the question has not been answered. My question is, do you or do you not believe that there can be such a thing as oversaving, in theory, for a small country like Singapore?

Mr Sitoh: I already answered, Mr Perera. I said for a small country like Singapore, savings must be a virtue and as far as we can, we can continue to save not just for future generations, but for a rainy day.

-----------------

Mr Perera: If I understood his speech correctly, (Mr Sitoh is) saying that measures to ameliorate the negative impact of GST on the population are, in a way, sort of kicking the can down the road or somehow dishonest because actually, the population should feel the pain — rather, we should allow the population to experience more pain. I would like to ask (Mr Sitoh) whether some of the ameliorating measures that the Government has proposed would also fall into the same category.

Mr Sitoh: I think Mr Perera is putting very serious words into my mouth. What I'm saying is that we are all going through difficult times. I did not say the assistance packages are not helpful. I did not say we deserve to go through this pain. But what I'm saying is that in these turbulent times of calamity, we have to bond together as a nation and we have to go through this together

Edited by Kopites

23 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Read the exchanges...🤣 Me pri 3 also can "tell" who got caught with his pants down. Stinky.🤣  Hokkien saying.   Ai qiang Mei Kai qiang. Go one side continue your dozing a smartest choice. 

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/sitoh-yih-pin-jamus-lim-leon-perera-gst-reserves-parliament-2038951

ON MR SITOH’S POSITION

Mr Perera: I think the question, really, is that the Honourable Member said that there can be no such thing — in theory, by definition — as oversaving for a small country like Singapore. Is that the Member’s position or not?

Mr Sitoh: I was responding to Mr Jamus Lim’s speech. And I say it again. For a small country like Singapore, with a limited population with no natural resources, saving is a virtue. I don’t think we should grouse about oversaving.

Mr Perera: I think the question has not been answered. My question is, do you or do you not believe that there can be such a thing as oversaving, in theory, for a small country like Singapore?

Mr Sitoh: I already answered, Mr Perera. I said for a small country like Singapore, savings must be a virtue and as far as we can, we can continue to save not just for future generations, but for a rainy day.

-----------------

Mr Perera: If I understood his speech correctly, (Mr Sitoh is) saying that measures to ameliorate the negative impact of GST on the population are, in a way, sort of kicking the can down the road or somehow dishonest because actually, the population should feel the pain — rather, we should allow the population to experience more pain. I would like to ask (Mr Sitoh) whether some of the ameliorating measures that the Government has proposed would also fall into the same category.

Mr Sitoh: I think Mr Perera is putting very serious words into my mouth. What I'm saying is that we are all going through difficult times. I did not say the assistance packages are not helpful. I did not say we deserve to go through this pain. But what I'm saying is that in these turbulent times of calamity, we have to bond together as a nation and we have to go through this together

What’s wrong?

36 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

What’s wrong?

Reading the reported exchanges if you cant see the glaring discrepancies likely due to our different perspectives.

😁

Edited by Kopites

11 hours ago, Kopites said:

Reading the reported exchanges if you cant see the glaring discrepancies likely due to our different perspectives.

😁

9 hours ago, Shibadog said:

should have said only a "yes" or "no" reply is required. 

😜

Sitoh is valid.  Just that he can't put it across financially.