6-month-old baby dies while under nanny's care, police investigating

Fitvip

This is a very sad and unfortunate incident. The couple could not afford the monthly $2K childcare fees and chose a cheaper option of a nanny. They lost their only child in the care of the nanny.

I did use the services of nannies when my kids were little. Fortunately nothing serious had happened.

image.png.c4c7970d639119b84af4d5436b16cb3d.png

6-month-old baby dies while under nanny's care, police investigating

A couple were shocked when they received a call from their son's nanny on Tuesday (Dec 28), who told them that their six-month-old son had stopped breathing. The baby's father told Shin Min Daily News that he received the call in the evening, and was informed that his child was being taken to Sengkang General Hospital.

https://bit.ly/3mTYSzd

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Sad 11

How do you prevent infant asphyxiation?

Always lay an infant down on their back on a firm mattress.

Never place an infant on soft surfaces such as comforter, fluffy rug, or soft mattress.

Never put an infant down on a mattress covered with plastic.

Keep blankets, pillows, stuffed animals, or plush toys out of the crib.

• Praise 12

17 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

How do you prevent infant asphyxiation?

Always lay an infant down on their back on a firm mattress.

Never place an infant on soft surfaces such as comforter, fluffy rug, or soft mattress.

Never put an infant down on a mattress covered with plastic.

Keep blankets, pillows, stuffed animals, or plush toys out of the crib.

The content of the report have been changed since I first read it.

It was stated that there were no blanket or pillow in the playpen.

"At about 6.15pm, I was going to bathe him, but I realised that he was face down [on the playpen]. Half of his face had turned purple, and he wasn't breathing."

Sad news. RIP.

Not right to speculate yet. Though negligence or accidents or really act of god, haiz. Really not a news we want to hear at all. Sianz

• Praise 5

Frankily Speaking,the Nanny,still need to look after 2 other small Childrens & maybe still need to do her own Housework,how to put 100% of her Time on this 6 Months old Baby.??The most is make the Baby Sleep,then She do other Things.

Turbocharged
15 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

Frankily Speaking,the Nanny,still need to look after 2 other small Childrens & maybe still need to do her own Housework,how to put 100% of her Time on this 6 Months old Baby.??The most is make the Baby Sleep,then She do other Things.

In the worse case, she probably do some things to make the baby sleep. Like we always joke, give the baby a little whiskey and the baby will sleep well. But bulls**t lor. 

• Praise 1

Supercharged

My mum was nanny for neighbour before (one 6month infant till around 3 years old). We loved him like own child/sibling. I recall I will bring back Mac french fries for him after school.

Lucky nothing happen to him during the period.

• Praise 3

Need to find out what actually happen to present similar incident. If baby is strong enough to turn over by himself, normally they will have the strength to turn their head even if they sleep face down. Placing too many items in the pen is definitely not a good idea. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Victor68 said:

Need to find out what actually happen to present similar incident. If baby is strong enough to turn over by himself, normally they will have the strength to turn their head even if they sleep face down. Placing too many items in the pen is definitely not a good idea. 

I did shared with wifey yesterday night.

Her view was that baby can lift up his head at 6 month but dies not meant h has the muscle strength to sustain in that position for long. It also very much depend on the baby head weight/circumference of the head. 

Only when baby are able to turn over their baby than it is deem safe to let them for lift up their head without supervision.

Edited by Kopites

Just now, Kopites said:

Her view was that baby can lift up his head at 6 month but dies not meant h has the muscle strength to sustain in that position for long. It also very much depend on the baby head weight/circumference of the head. 

Usually can lift mean can turn side way mah. 

1 minute ago, Kopites said:

A baby may have the strength to turn in 1 direction.  After that, boh lat to turn back.

It is important to check on baby sleep every few hours.

9 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

A baby may have the strength to turn in 1 direction.  After that, boh lat to turn back.

It is important to check on baby sleep every few hours.

My son fell face down on many occasions. With supervision of course. 😓

He lifted his head before learning how to wriggle over. 

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

15 hours ago, Kopites said:

My son fell face down on many occasions. With supervision of course. 😓

Under YOUR supervision? Never tell wifey right? 

Plead guilty lighter sentence... kenna caught death sentence 🤣🤣🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2