Mother of all scams thread

Windwaver

8 hours ago, Lala81 said:

that's why i say there's something horrendously wrong with OCBC's red flag system management.

I mean the guys beforehand that i read the stories, 5 digit, 100+k i can understand. It's definitely possible if ocbc's limit is higher.
This 500k one i cannot understand at all.

A guy who probably never withdrew money from his savings account over 20 years. cleared it out overnight. How can this not be be ringing alarm bells?

Maybe OCBC Premier Banking can set daily limit at 500k?

↡ Advertisement

7 hours ago, Atonchia said:

Maybe OCBC Premier Banking can set daily limit at 500k?

I dunno. I know SCB priority default is not like that. That's why wondering if any ocbc Premier clients here can clarify on this. 

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Wind30 said:

I think our government should stop sending out sms with links to the public. I see Moh iras send me legit sms with links asking me to book booster or view documents…. 
I never click them usually but I can understand why the general public is so click happy

Yes, exactly. And when TF did URL shortening with bit.ly become a governmental standard?? 🙄

• Praise 1

28 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I dunno. I know SCB priority default is not like that. That's why wondering if any ocbc Premier clients here can clarify on this. 

I'm OCBC Premier. 200k max daily limit for funds transfer, anything higher needs to be over the counter.

• Praise 4

Internal Moderator
15 hours ago, mikk123 said:

looks like Singapore is targeted. Can our government IT force fight back? this is a organized systematic attack, not an individual one. Our SAF IT should fight back... Who are they? 

Our style is don't fight, we prevent these from happening.

Every computer and mobile phone change your wallpaper to this!

20150705_121113.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Need to change the text abit.

Don't click on a suspicious link.

Woah. I am a genius. 😎

• Haha! 7

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

I'm OCBC Premier. 200k max daily limit for funds transfer, anything higher needs to be over the counter.

Hmm then unless the civil servant guy specially increased his limit, then really something is bit weird with his case.

Anyway 8.5mil divided by 400+ victims, then the average amount exceeds this 200k daily limit.

EDIT: Sorry I was assuming it was a one day affair. This scam was over the period of december. Some people may have realised after a few days.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 3

7 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Hmm then unless the civil servant guy specially increased his limit, then really something is bit weird with his case.

Anyway 8.5mil divided by 400+ victims, then the average amount exceeds this 200k daily limit.

EDIT: Sorry I was assuming it was a one day affair. This scam was over the period of december. Some people may have realised after a few days.

You cannot increase past 200k to the best of my knowledge. 

It's most likely multi-day siphoning. 

• Praise 2

8 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

You cannot increase past 200k to the best of my knowledge. 

It's most likely multi-day siphoning. 

Now max is 250k. At least for DBS. So 500k over 2 days - one transfer before and one after midnight all within 10 minutes is possible. 

• Praise 2

12 hours ago, Dp26 said:

Good news for those that were scammed. 

slightly less good news for shareholders 

Hopefully end users don't take it as a green pass for not taking care of their own security.

careful-be-careful.gif

• Praise 2

16 hours ago, mikk123 said:

looks like Singapore is targeted. Can our government IT force fight back? this is a organized systematic attack, not an individual one. Our SAF IT should fight back... Who are they? 

A saviour in IT?

20220120_093050.jpg

• Haha! 2

6 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Now max is 250k. At least for DBS. So 500k over 2 days - one transfer before and one after midnight all within 10 minutes is possible. 

Then cannot be local time ?

Unless they start the scam at 2350hrs .. then get 2 quick transfers before after 0000hrs 🤔

Cos don't think there victims kenna late at night. 

12 hours ago, Wind30 said:

I think our government should stop sending out sms with links to the public. I see Moh iras send me legit sms with links asking me to book booster or view documents…. 
I never click them usually but I can understand why the general public is so click happy

Same.  Not long ago. I received sms to pay my tax.

I didn't  even think twice.  Click the link go into iras and start clicking all the link to pay

😅

• Praise 2

12 hours ago, Wind30 said:

🤣🤣... i bet now ALL the various dept IT heads and engineers must be cursing... KNN CNY burn liao, all come back do audit.

• Haha! 3

15 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Same.  Not long ago. I received sms to pay my tax.

I didn't  even think twice.  Click the link go into iras and start clicking all the link to pay

😅

😲 brave one you are.....

i always use axs or cheque... people laugh say i lau ku tong.... but looking back, it isnt a bad idea after all.

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Playtime said:

😲 brave one you are.....

i always use axs or cheque... people laugh say i lau ku tong.... but looking back, it isnt a bad idea after all.

same , all the while i using cheque, this year is the first time i use online pay taxes. cos they keep bombard me with letters and notices  they want go paperless.

they dun even send me a physical paper bills any more............

last time i still can use SAM machine for small amount taxes.

This type of paperless environment really  make it easier for scammer to succeed.

• Praise 1

bank account tio hack, people sympathise, maybe bank tong for you 

Bitcoin account tio hack, you on your own bro

F166ECE7-C664-4532-B0E7-2C77AEA70F2E.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2