Mother of all scams thread

Windwaver

6 hours ago, Mustank said:

bank account tio hack, people sympathise, maybe bank tong for you 

Bitcoin account tio hack, you on your own bro

F166ECE7-C664-4532-B0E7-2C77AEA70F2E.png

Anyone with sizable crypto should/would store in a ledger or trezor. 

• Praise 1

Im afraid we are not done yet, these

Spoiler

🤤

Idiots scammers are taking advantage during the chaotic CNY period to scare us, most of the scammer make calls for overseas mobile, their AH NEH Indian accents was a giveaway, Thy sure have a fun time thing hard to pissed Sillyporeans .. .  I had a good time laughing a while ago, How not to love them  . . . really. CECA gone sour for them I suppose Muahahahaha 😉

Spoiler

8 hours ago, mikk123 said:

if even if the government don't want to get involved, all the banks should band together and fight back... This is a blatant attacks on Singapore banking system. Time to unite and fight back!!!

U lead a charming life…

so if the scammers reside overseas, u want to send warship and Apache to zero in to serve them an indication of how awesome Singapore is ?

• Haha! 2

On 1/20/2022 at 11:04 AM, Mustank said:

bank account tio hack, people sympathise, maybe bank tong for you 

Bitcoin account tio hack, you on your own bro

F166ECE7-C664-4532-B0E7-2C77AEA70F2E.png

Bro, just like people cry father cry mother, every story become very sad, etc when they lose $$ to scams like this.

How about people like me kena vaccine injury that is considered 'not serious enough'? I'm pretty sure if I tell all these people they'll also think I'm a joke because it didn't happen to them.

People will only care if it happens to them, if not, nothing will be taken seriously.

These people are just lucky the bank is willing to compensate them fully, luckily the bank not run by somebody in the MTF :XD:

57ce08a44ddadd33ec958e779d2115c8.gif

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Windwaver said:

Bro, just like people cry father cry mother, every story become very sad, etc when they lose $$ to scams like this.

How about people like me kena vaccine injury that is considered 'not serious enough'? I'm pretty sure if I tell all these people they'll also think I'm a joke because it didn't happen to them.

People will only care if it happens to them, if not, nothing will be taken seriously.

These people are just lucky the bank is willing to compensate them fully, luckily the bank not run by somebody in the MTF :XD:

57ce08a44ddadd33ec958e779d2115c8.gif

Boh pian it is risk everyone takes 

When I send my sons to take, i also don’t know whether anything will happen to them 

Even kena jialat compensate how much also no use

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
13 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

U lead a charming life…

so if the scammers reside overseas, u want to send warship and Apache to zero in to serve them an indication of how awesome Singapore is ?

maybe Singapore should set up a cyber SWAT team

those who dare attack us, deploy the cyber SWAT team go hack them back, destroy and delete all their bank, bitcoin accounts and identifications, literally wipe them out in the cyberworld 😁

• Haha! 2

11 hours ago, Mustank said:

Boh pian it is risk everyone takes 

When I send my sons to take, i also don’t know whether anything will happen to them 

Even kena jialat compensate how much also no use

I'm not even asking for compensation, I just want doctor to write a memo for a non-mRNA booster also cannot :lll._.::pissed-off:

Frankly, I'm sure there are people out there that had it worse than me but wasn't reported at all.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

WLN! now DBS push ante one up ........  (wanting to wash hands 1 )image.thumb.png.3bbaee505e7fec18a19cbe0513528b4f.png hands I suppose) 

but if the scammers already hacked into your PW and PIN and OTP what good is this??? 

of course the scammers will tick Read TnC care"fooly" 

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
9 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

WLN! now DBS push ante one up ........  (wanting to wash hands 1 )image.thumb.png.3bbaee505e7fec18a19cbe0513528b4f.png hands I suppose) 

but if the scammers already hacked into your PW and PIN and OTP what good is this??? 

The theory is I already brief you liao, you don't understand is you not clever enough. Cannot blame me liao leh.

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/banking/ocbc-customers-hit-by-phishing-scam-790-lost-137m-in-total-bank-has-made-full-goodwill-payouts

OCBC arranges for 'full goodwill payouts' to 790 customers who lost $13.7m to phishing scams

790 people fell prey to phishing scams targeting OCBC Bank customers, with losses tallied at $13.7 million.

mi_ocbc_300122.jpg

Lucky people.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 1/24/2022 at 11:20 AM, BanCoe said:

If you voluntarily gave up your banking ID and password and lost money thereafter, you can't blame DBS 100%. Banks can't be responsible for your repeated reckless behavior, unless it is a systemic weakness of their system.

I think OCBC is paying up coz their system is not robust. How can scammers hijacked your entire account and emptied it with just 1 SMS OTP?  Where are all the other security safeguards (register token, new mobile number, add payee, etc) and usual freezing of accounts upon detection of suspicious and unusual account activities? 

They have a lot to explain to MAS. 

• Praise 1

On 1/24/2022 at 11:30 AM, kobayashiGT said:

The theory is I already brief you liao, you don't understand is you not clever enough. Cannot blame me liao leh.

UOB too.

6 hours ago, Voodooman said:

If you voluntarily gave up your banking ID and password and lost money thereafter, you can't blame DBS 100%. Banks can't be responsible for your repeated reckless behavior, unless it is a systemic weakness of their system.

I think OCBC is paying up coz their system is not robust. How can scammers hijacked your entire account and emptied it with just 1 SMS OTP?  Where are all the other security safeguards (register token, new mobile number, add payee, etc) and usual freezing of accounts upon detection of suspicious and unusual account activities? 

They have a lot to explain to MAS. 

Most likely the scammers will use the option of one time payment to a local mule account ( usually someone whose in debt and have given the account details to another person ) and likely OCBC has option for one time transfer ( where you don’t have to create favorites or templates for beneficiaries  ) - anyway I think most banks have this one off option and that mule account will be used to transfer out the monies overseas likely …….. just my gut feel ………. Well scammers used a fake template ( similar looking like OCBC a/c to lure them into divulging all the details - it’s that simple …… with that bit/Ly link thingy or sometimes websites which look like the real website link ……… very old snd proven trick to get you “ logged in “  has worked in many countries already - nothing new …….. doubt MAS will reveal too much too as the banks are not too keen on revealing how things work and  system compromised again …… but Banks will have to pull up their socks for sure 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1