Mother of all scams thread

Windwaver

Gentle reminder...

SMS scammers are out in force for CNY.

Take care of elderly relatives who may be more vulnerable... especially if their minds are not as sharp as in the past.

2 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

Remember press 8 = Huat 

So if someone knows my OCBC account number they can dial the hotline, press 8 and freeze all my accounts?

• Shocked 2

1 minute ago, Tkseah said:

So if someone knows my OCBC account number they can dial the hotline, press 8 and freeze all my accounts?

Key random amount freeze freeze .. probably can do some auto dialing program 😅

21 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

Give me your acct number, i try leh.  Heehee

How come search function still not working? :XD:

This one consider scam?

https://telanganatoday.com/fake-certificate-racket-busted-in-hyderabad-six-held

Fake certificate racket busted in Hyderabad, six held

BY TELANGANA TODAY

PUBLISHED: PUBLISHED DATE - 08:09 PM, FRI - 18 FEBRUARY 22

Hyderabad: The Hyderabad Police Task Force along with the Musheerabad police busted an interstate fake education certificate racket and arrested six persons on Friday. The gang, in exchange of money, supplied fake education certificates to candidates without exams or proper attendance percentage, police said.

Police seized rubber stamps of various colleges and government offices, computers, fake education certificates and mobile phones.

The arrested persons were T.Ravikanth Reddy (30), administrator of a private college in Ram Nagar, Mohd Asif (33), administrator in a private college and U.Ranga Raju (41), a consultancy agent. The candidates who purchased fake certificates were V.Sai Venkata Jeswanth and P. Raghava Naidu (22) both students and D. Venkateswarlu (32), a lab assistant.

According to the police, Ravikanth Reddy, Asif Ali and Ranga Raju, met Ketan Singh, an Assistant Professor in SRK University in Bhopal and through him, were supplying fake certificates of SRKU, without exams or attendance after collecting cash.

“They collected information of dropouts, those with backlogs and failed students from colleges and trapped innocent students and parents, promising that they would provide BTech, BSc, BCom and various certificates from the university,” said an official, adding that they collected between Rs.1 lakh to Rs.3 lakh for fake certificates of various degrees, depending on the course and requirement of customers.

Recently, they collected money from nine candidates and sent details to Singh. Of them, five certificates were dispatched and certificates of the rest were pending at the university.

Following a tip-off, the police team caught the suspects while they were handing over the fake certificates to the candidates. Based on their information, three candidates were also taken into custody.

Ketan Singh was earlier arrested by the Malakpet police in a similar case.

held-5.jpg

2 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Duh... bank phone number is literally printed at the back of every credit card. From her tone it shows why some stupid ppl never learn to be smarter because it's always others fault.

"But to me, how the hell would I know (about the number)?" she said, suggesting that the average person would not memorise bank customer service numbers.

"What rubbish is this? Does it mean as members of the public, when we put money in bank we (are supposed to be) vulnerable to getting scammed?"

In the days and months that followed, Mrs Wong felt belittled at home. Her husband and daughter chided her, she said, with the latter asking why "mummy is so stupid".

Edited by Jellandross
  • Haha! 2

16 minutes ago, Tohto said:

When I saw the news, first reaction is all small kids...

Yes precisely. What’s happening man? YOLO?

8 hours ago, Tohto said:

When I saw the news, first reaction is all small kids...

The masterminds may be still at large.

Those arrested could just be people being recruited to carry out the plots.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1