Trump Is Launching His Truth Social App In February

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

Trump-truth-social-TMTG.jpg

https://www.lowyat.net/2022/262662/trump-is-launching-his-truth-social-app-in-february/

Former US President Donald Trump’s new social media network, Truth Social, will be launching on Presidents’ Day on 21 February, according to an App Store listing. The network was announced last year and aims to be an alternative to mainstream social sites such as Facebook and Twitter, with the latter permanently banning Trump’s account after the capitol riot in Washington.

From the screenshots on the App Store listing, the app seems to share many similarities with Twitter. Users can follow accounts, chat with others, and the posts themselves feature a reply, retweet, like, and share button. East post is called a Truth and its retweet equivalent is called a Re-Truth.

Trump-truth-social-app-TMTG.jpg

Truth Social is run by Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG), which plans to go public via an SPAC merger with Digital World Acquisition Corp (DWAC) at a valuation of US$875 million (~RM3.68 billion). The company’s overview claims that the social network will use a “big tent” approach to build a “non-cancellable” global community.

The social media app is only the first of three stages for TMTG. The company also plans on launching an on-demand streaming service called TMTG+, which will include entertainment, news, and podcasts. It is also working on a “long-term opportunity TMTG tech stack”, which aims at competing with Amazon’s AWS, Google’s Cloud, Microsoft’s Azure, and payment processor Stripe.

Trump-truth-tmtg.jpg

Truth Social is built using Mastodon’s source code, which is an open-source social platform. Mastodon called out the site for not providing its source code as per the software license requirements, which Truth Social has since made its source code public not long after the complaint. The Trump app is also partnering with Rumble to provide video and streaming technology.

The app is available for pre-order now on the App Store, but it doesn’t seem to be available in Malaysia. There is no word on whether it will be coming to Android, nor is there a launch date for its website, which currently only has a form for a waiting list.

Woah. it is very admirable that Mr trump turn all his hatred into a business opportunity.

But the name of his app sound like very propoganda. "Truth" .... So I cannot tell lies inside? hahaha.

And he is fighting with all the giants out there. 🙃

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 7

10 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Trump-truth-social-TMTG.jpg

https://www.lowyat.net/2022/262662/trump-is-launching-his-truth-social-app-in-february/

Former US President Donald Trump’s new social media network, Truth Social, will be launching on Presidents’ Day on 21 February, according to an App Store listing. The network was announced last year and aims to be an alternative to mainstream social sites such as Facebook and Twitter, with the latter permanently banning Trump’s account after the capitol riot in Washington.

From the screenshots on the App Store listing, the app seems to share many similarities with Twitter. Users can follow accounts, chat with others, and the posts themselves feature a reply, retweet, like, and share button. East post is called a Truth and its retweet equivalent is called a Re-Truth.

Trump-truth-social-app-TMTG.jpg

Truth Social is run by Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG), which plans to go public via an SPAC merger with Digital World Acquisition Corp (DWAC) at a valuation of US$875 million (~RM3.68 billion). The company’s overview claims that the social network will use a “big tent” approach to build a “non-cancellable” global community.

The social media app is only the first of three stages for TMTG. The company also plans on launching an on-demand streaming service called TMTG+, which will include entertainment, news, and podcasts. It is also working on a “long-term opportunity TMTG tech stack”, which aims at competing with Amazon’s AWS, Google’s Cloud, Microsoft’s Azure, and payment processor Stripe.

Trump-truth-tmtg.jpg

Truth Social is built using Mastodon’s source code, which is an open-source social platform. Mastodon called out the site for not providing its source code as per the software license requirements, which Truth Social has since made its source code public not long after the complaint. The Trump app is also partnering with Rumble to provide video and streaming technology.

The app is available for pre-order now on the App Store, but it doesn’t seem to be available in Malaysia. There is no word on whether it will be coming to Android, nor is there a launch date for its website, which currently only has a form for a waiting list.

because he kept getting banned from other platforms. so he created his own, say whatever crap he wants and will not get ban. 🤣

• Haha! 6

Just now, happy_man said:

#MeTOO !!! 😜

if this become successful, i think he will comeback in a few years time, i highly doubt biden can win another term.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged
20 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Can Apple and Google ban his apps? What's next if that happens?

Is he going to throw a hissy fit?

Can ask him to try the Huawei OS play store. 😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 11

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

if this become successful, i think he will comeback in a few years time, i highly doubt biden can win another term.

thought biden said he only one term.

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

Can Apple and Google ban his apps? What's next if that happens?

Is he going to throw a hissy fit?

later he will build his own phone and own OS, then his own network and satellite [laugh]

• Haha! 7

13 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

thought biden said he only one term.

Oh. is it? think i miss that 

I am sure the Democratic will push him to run for another 4 years?. i not good with usa politics, 

but i dun think Democratic got any better candidate? maybe harris?

30 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

later he will build his own phone and own OS, then his own network and satellite [laugh]

He & his kids will pocket the $$$ first then declare bankrupt and how the Biden administration blocked the network, satellite, pigeons, etc. The dumbo MAGA mob will storm the capitol again n get arrested and their miserable lives made more miserable by doing his dirty deeds

SOP

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

I am not worried about my BFF Trump.

He is a bull sitter and he knows he is a bull sitter.

I worry about all his followers and that's like 40% of the US public that don't know he is a bull sitter.

They swallow all the BS he says.

Now that's worrying.

:D

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Jman888 said:

Can consider to ask him to buy over the who city here.

image.thumb.png.d40c2a1cd4c0db9b33efc9e5cc450997.png

Then he can call do whatever he wants down there. Declare independece or smth. 🤣

Still consider new york i think. hahaha. He can still live in his trump tower. hahahahah

• Haha! 1

He is like Najib, infamous all over the world for all the wrong things, but may yet get another shot at leading their respective countries. 

Another similarity is both countries are on long term decline. 

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Another BFF of Trump, Mao Zedong.

Trump is learning from Mao's cultural revolution but failed miserably. F grade. 😂

Edited by Voodooman
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Beregond said:

Oh. is it? think i miss that 

I am sure the Democratic will push him to run for another 4 years?. i not good with usa politics, 

but i dun think Democratic got any better candidate? maybe harris?

Harris ?  She is one big mess now.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2021-12-15/one-year-in-kamala-harris-has-struggled-to-tell-her-own-story

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2