Gate crash Red Swastika School

Kopites

23 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/jail-for-cop-who-drove-negligently-killing-elderly-pedestrian-in-accident

I really cannot understand the sentencing principles:

Inching forward 4 weeks. Killed someone 2 weeks.

Inching forward : intention to use vehicle to cause harm or injury to person being inched at. 

Killed someone : accident due to reckless or dangerous driving.

One is premeditated while the other is not. 

I would vote for drink drinking to be a premeditated action to cause harm, injury and even death hence deserving mandatory minimum jail term of 15 years, 24 canes and lifetime driving/riding ban. Death by hanging will be too easy. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 6

1 minute ago, Volvobrick said:

Tell that to the dead victims.... 

Can't help it lah. That's how the law interprets. Accidents happen all the time and just unfortunate to result in deaths.

But drink driving, speeding, run red lights that caused deaths should have more severe penalties

• Praise 2

10 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Inching forward : intention to use vehicle to cause harm or injury to person being inched at. 

Killed someone : accident due to reckless or dangerous driving.

One is premeditated while the other is not. 

I would vote for drink drinking to be a premeditated action to cause harm, injury and even death hence deserving mandatory minimum jail term of 15 years, 24 canes and lifetime driving/riding ban. Death by hanging will be too easy. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

i would say reckless driving is also premediated. 

• Praise 2

1 minute ago, Stratovarius said:

i would say reckless driving is also premediated. 

Hmm.

Accidents are caused on the spur of the moment, in the blink of an eye or in a second.

One may be reckless in that span of time but it is not premeditated as in one did not drive out with intention to be reckless, rather it could be a misjudgement of speed/distance or failure to check a blind spot or momentarily distracted. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Hmm.

Accidents are caused on the spur of the moment, in the blink of an eye or in a second.

One may be reckless in that span of time but it is not premeditated as in one did not drive out with intention to be reckless, rather it could be a misjudgement of speed/distance or failure to check a blind spot or momentarily distracted. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

I'm referring to those racing or high speed driving kind like the recent red a class not those change lane never check or signal kind. Lol.

But I agree that penalty for drink driving causing death should be much more harsh then current law. 

3 hours ago, Kxbc said:

A case I personally know. 19 year old girl stay in the university halls, first time in her life not being taken care of. Don't even know how to boil water. 😢 Really is sibei jialat. 

That is when they will learn to grow up lor. Part and parcel of life. She' just 19 after all, she'll learn to take care of herself in no time.

I have a friend who is obscenely rich. Her parent's never needed to work and she used to detest going to hawker ctr..got family chauffeur to send and pick her up from school. Fast forward 15 years... Now she's a totally different person, all thanks to being forced to become independent after years of studying and living by herself abroad.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

10 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

I'm referring to those racing or high speed driving kind like the recent red a class not those change lane never check or signal kind. Lol.

But I agree that penalty for drink driving causing death should be much more harsh then current law. 

Yes, I find it ridiculous that our law "protects" the durnk.

I always jokingly tell people its easy to get off murdering people in SG - Drink 2 cans of beer (most people will still be sober to drive well) and then go ram the sucker. At most, a few weeks/months nia. 

Edited by Rickster
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

5 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

Those dangerous driving?

Again, they dun have intention to kill or cause an accident. They think their skills are top notch. 

But I agree that current punishment is not enough deterrent. Confiscate car, bike, compulsory rattan and min 5 years jail plus lifetime ban.

Oh, those workshops involved in illegal mods that cause car owners to think they driving a dragon, should be fined 100k for first offence and 500k for 2nd and on 3rd offence, close shop. They are partners-in-crime whenever there is a death. 

Drink drinking is voluntary induced impaired judgement due to alcohol consumption. Every drink driver will say he/she is steady, no problem driving one. 

Of course, they will say no intention to kill or cause an accident too BUT the act of consuming alcohol, whilst knowing the potential result of having one's conscious judgement to be severely affected, continues to drive is, personally, an intentional and irresponsible act to disregard safety of other road users.

You cannot just pin all the fault on a glass or glasses of Whisky, Rum or whatever alcoholic drinks that makes one very happy at that moment. And innocent life/lives end up paying for your enjoyment. 

Dun realise that one's over the limit when there's a dead body or bodies lying around, intact or body parts all over. 

Discussion.

Haiz.

We can yada till next few generations of cows come home and still have new generations of idiots on the road. Maybe these should not be allowed to reproduce? 😂Oops. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 6

3 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

good reference. this bentaley driver will be jailed at least 3months? 

I think with public pressure, maybe 30 years?

Lol, with the ridiculous traffic laws, we may get surprises. 

7 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

Hearsay the entire school talking about it and students n staff all know who the kid is

Subject of bully soon, KARMA is a strange thing.

@PSP415 

Bro, i feel your pain, more so when I was involved in a head on collision with a drunk driver 10 years ago when I was stationery at the traffic lights.

Let's put it this way... the drunk driver got off very very lightly with the usual fine and suspension of licenses.

Polis tell me there is nothing I can do to the driver unless i take up a civil suit and the driver can simply declare bankrupt and i'll be left with no recourse.

I also cannot claim the idiot's insurance company.

• Praise 1
  • Angry 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 2

Supercharged
4 hours ago, Kxbc said:

A case I personally know. 19 year old girl stay in the university halls, first time in her life not being taken care of. Don't even know how to boil water. 😢 Really is sibei jialat. 

My FIL doesn't know how to use the washing machine! Can only manage kettle. 

• Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Those dangerous driving?

Again, they dun have intention to kill or cause an accident. They think their skills are top notch. 

But I agree that current punishment is not enough deterrent. Confiscate car, bike, compulsory rattan and min 5 years jail plus lifetime ban.

Oh, those workshops involved in illegal mods that cause car owners to think they driving a dragon, should be fined 100k for first offence and 500k for 2nd and on 3rd offence, close shop. They are partners-in-crime whenever there is a death. 

Drink drinking is voluntary induced impaired judgement due to alcohol consumption. Every drink driver will say he/she is steady, no problem driving one. 

Of course, they will say no intention to kill or cause an accident too BUT the act of consuming alcohol, whilst knowing the potential result of having one's conscious judgement to be severely affected, continues to drive is, personally, an intentional and irresponsible act to disregard safety of other road users.

You cannot just pin all the fault on a glass or glasses of Whisky, Rum or whatever alcoholic drinks that makes one very happy at that moment. And innocent life/lives end up paying for your enjoyment. 

Dun realise that one's over the limit when there's a dead body or bodies lying around, intact or body parts all over. 

Discussion.

Haiz.

We can yada till next few generations of cows come home and still have new generations of idiots on the road. Maybe these should not be allowed to reproduce? 😂Oops. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

Voting you for Law Minister!

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1