US man recovering after 'breakthrough' pig heart transplant

Ender

Poor piggie.

Now almost all the parts on a pig is usable.

Brain can or not huh? Some ppl the brain need transplant. Drivers too.

Use so many piggie parts...will become "zhu bah jie"?

Edited by Watwheels
  • Haha! 8

17 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

And scientists say primates are closest to man's genetic make up. They manage to use a pig's heart and not a primate's heart. That's amazing.

Pig organs are more similar to human in term of size.  Primates are too small unless we use gorilla's! 

Now we cannot use 人面兽心 to describe evil people anymore. 

• Haha! 9

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

Poor piggie.

they will be called 人头猪脑

• Haha! 8

1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

Not saying anything  but are there religious and cultural issues if pig organs are used for transplant?

Want to use, use lor

dont want to use, then don’t use lah

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

After that so many things to monitor 😂

Will this guy later have a heart of a pig? Will he behave like pig?😂, as his organ is belong to a pig, will he grow fats like a pig😥......many many questions

KNN, later like @Volvobrick say - 人面兽心 how?

I see the new liao is worse, they mention "no immediate rejection"....so after many year, he and the wife give birth to a half pig baby how?😅. I cannot help but think about it might happen

• Haha! 2

4 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Not saying anything  but are there religious and cultural issues if pig organs are used for transplant?

I have the same thought too. But well, when one is on the deathbed, the decision by the patient and/or family member(s) will be much simpler I guess. 

2 hours ago, Arogab said:

Will this guy later have a heart of a pig? Will he behave like pig?😂, as his organ is belong to a pig, will he grow fats like a pig😥......many many questions

KNN, later like @Volvobrick say - 人面兽心 how?

I see the new liao is worse, they mention "no immediate rejection"....so after many year, he and the wife give birth to a half pig baby how?😅. I cannot help but think about it might happen

Wah friend, you write till as if the patient is receiving sperm from the pig. :D

You think too much liao. When choosing between live and death, 能活多一天怎么样都会试试看。

But since many have quoted chinese idioms, let say a tiko peh receive a pig heart for transplant, really is "里外不是人" 。🙂

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 8

13 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

I have the same thought too. But well, when one is on the deathbed, the decision by the patient and/or family member(s) will be much simpler I guess. 

Wah friend, you write till as if the patient is receiving sperm from the pig. :D

You think too much liao. When choosing between live and death, 能活多一天怎么样都会试试看。

But since many have quoted chinese idioms, let say a tiko peh receive a pig heart for transplant, really is "里外不是人" 。🙂

Wahaha, I thot this place can just say what you might think but just don't offend anyone mah. Apologize if there is any offending. 

But I just thot the guy got the DNA of a pig if he uses the pig heart. And you mentioned sperm. Hahaha

And if Tiko Peh got pig's brian transplant, then his thinking become more tiko lor. Haha

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Arogab said:

😅

Half joke but there are stories that after a heart transplant, the memories of the donor actually goes to the recepient.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31739081/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/sg/blog/explorations-the-mind/202110/heart-transplants-personality-transplants%3famp

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 1

17 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Pig organs are more similar to human in term of size.  Primates are too small unless we use gorilla's! 

Now we cannot use 人面兽心 to describe evil people anymore. 

No, it is exactly the opposite! Now he is actually 人面兽心. You can tell him on his face and he cannot get angry with you!:XD:

18 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Poor piggie.

One day will evolve into orc

• Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Almost definitely. 

Example. 

Near future Pig hearts.. maybe kidneys too etc..  become common. But definitely will have complications wrt using human ones. Lifelong anti rejection medication complications,  med insurance exclusions. "Parts warranty" issued etc for takers. 

So if a human part becomes available.  Who gets it?

First come first serve?

Or give the one with cultural,  religious,  personal objections? 

Imo... it must be first come first serve. No reservation. No exceptions. 

↡ Advertisement