Renault sued over 1.2 turbo engine also used in Qashqai

furprice_extra

luckily not many people drive Renaults for this to be a problem...

but if you're one of the many who have a Nissan Qashqai drinking engine oil like mad and didn't understand why... now u know. 

(edited, sorry wrong link. prev link is old news)

https://www.largus.fr/actualite-automobile/moteur-12-tce-une-action-collective-bientot-lancee-contre-renault-10822394.html 

Edited by furprice_extra
↡ Advertisement

@iamahbee  Absolutely. 2.0T F4RT with 250hp and 6MT.

My M140i is obviously a quicker car, now made even more bonkers siince the reflash. But I still enjoy driving the Frenchie more. There's just something so satisfying about a good manual car. And it handles amazingly.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

@iamahbee  Absolutely. 2.0T F4RT with 250hp and 6MT.

My M140i is obviously a quicker car, now made even more bonkers siince the reflash. But I still enjoy driving the Frenchie more. There's just something so satisfying about a good manual car. And it handles amazingly.

Bootmod3..Stage 1.?

Nissan alliance with Italians didn't work out so good

so they tried again with the French?

:D

Alfa Arna. Nissan 50:50 venture with Alfa. Nissan styling and Italian reliability?

Maybe they should have got the Italians to do the styling and the Japanese to do the reliability?

image.png.473fa8ffef691f8654f5ee61efdcab7b.png

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

41 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Nissan Renault alliance

Japanese car with French reliability?

Is that a winning strategy?

:D

Present Nissan Cars...no more reliable..

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, ER-3682 said:

Bootmod3..Stage 1.?

Went to stage 2 map immediately but no mods so technically like 1.5...or let's call it 1.5 lol. I used Andy, so thanks for the contact. 

I was a bit worried about running a stage 2 93 (our 98) map without mods but Andy reassured me. Sure enough, no issues (touch wood) and there are guys in the US forums doing this. 

The Racechip is out of my car. Up for sale. But if it doesn't sell I might send it in for reprogramming for the Renault. 

Edited by Turboflat4

Need to pay 159 to 519 eur to join. Assume 250 eur x 250 minimum folks. Huat before start work.

And although I don't know why 1.2T Renault thread need to have people come in to haolian 2.0T and M140i, but BM3 stg 2 93 tune for our temperature and 98 ron is very unlikely to have clean timing. Won't explode in short time, but you need to see how robust stock tune is to understand.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1