Trauma cleaners

RadX

Yes. Salute! 

Cos personally I will be an instant merlion, non-stop, as my imagination will refuse to rest. 

Same goes to those who collect "body parts" from anywhere, the roads, flats, reservoirs, suicide cases, murders, etc etc. 

Hope they are paid well. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 7

Just now, PSP415 said:

Yes. Salute! 

Cos personally I will be an instant merlion, non-stop, as my imagination will refuse to rest. 

Same goes to those who collect "body parts" from anywhere, the roads, flats, reservoirs, suicide cases, murders, etc etc. 

Hope they are paid well. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

the stench lasts a few weeks.

Body parts, I am used to it.....doing body part X-ray comes natural when you in the service.... @Adrianli got do before?😁

• Praise 6

Just now, RadX said:

Body parts, I am used to it.....doing body part X-ray comes natural when you in the service.... @Adrianli got do before?😁

Respect! 👍

I know someone has to do it but one always has a choice to want to, as a job. 

So ya, thanks for continuing, probably u very numb to it by now.

Out of genuine curiosity, is there any particular incident where an Xray revealed anything very unusual? 

Of course if classified, then pass over the curiosity. Dun let the cat out. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Respect! 👍

I know someone has to do it but one always has a choice to want to, as a job. 

So ya, thanks for continuing, probably u very numb to it by now.

Out of genuine curiosity, is there any particular incident where an Xray revealed anything very unusual? 

Of course if classified, then pass over the curiosity. Dun let the cat out. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

no doing anymore after i left the field.

Most times, in routine was just documentation and when they say 'hand xray', really means hand xray while the body at A/E hahaha...

Also still borns for documentation and all....

• Praise 6

@PSP415

22 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Yes. Salute! 

Hope they are paid well. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

Kudos to them. i read they were recommended by town councils. Means gebiz. Means cheap cheap. Unless no other players. 

• Praise 3

35 minutes ago, RadX said:

Yes. Fetus xray at KKH during my clinical attachment. Every week got like 3 or 4 cases. Really sad. Can't imagine how the mums felt. Some really small and some very big already.

Individual body parts, not yet.

• Praise 3
  • Sad 7

1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

Yes. Fetus xray at KKH during my clinical attachment. Every week got like 3 or 4 cases. Really sad. Can't imagine how the mums felt. Some really small and some very big already.

Individual body parts, not yet.

Got to use the medical tape to separate the limbs for AP(frontal) and Lateral(side) projections. The standard 2 views. As it is dead, it is unable to position itself and the limbs are stiff.

The xray form does not have the fetus name but rather, they put son/daughter of the mother's name.

The fetus come from the lab, wrapped in towel and inside a small cardboard box with handles on top, like some cake box but brown colour. Usually the xray are taken early in the morning before the first patient.

It was an eye opener for me. After the first 2, it is pretty much routine liao.

• Sad 9

42 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Got to use the medical tape to separate the limbs for AP(frontal) and Lateral(side) projections. The standard 2 views. As it is dead, it is unable to position itself and the limbs are stiff.

The xray form does not have the fetus name but rather, they put son/daughter of the mother's name.

The fetus come from the lab, wrapped in towel and inside a small cardboard box with handles on top, like some cake box but brown colour. Usually the xray are taken early in the morning before the first patient.

Actually why need to xray all stillborns in Sg?

Is it sop for all developed countries? 

22 minutes ago, Karoon said:

Actually why need to xray all stillborns in Sg?

Is it sop for all developed countries? 

Need to find the cause of fetus death. For documentation and to prevent the parents from suing the hospital for negligence. 

Not only xray, blood test and I think also genetic testing too. Xray is the last procedure before ot goes either back to the parents or the hospital dispose it.

• Praise 6

1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

That’s when we get to see the gross anatony

for those that caused maldevelopment like certain limbs not formed, spine outside, heart etc

5 hours ago, Karoon said:

@PSP415

Kudos to them. i read they were recommended by town councils. Means gebiz. Means cheap cheap. Unless no other players. 

Means the cheapest qualifying bid, usually, but it still might not be cheap in absolute terms. If trauma cleaning is a niche field with few players, then the baseline pricing surely isn't a few hundred dollars a job.

Edited by Macrosszero

6 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

Means the cheapest qualifying bid, usually, but it still might not be cheap in absolute terms. If trauma cleaning is a niche field with few players, then the baseline pricing surely isn't a few hundred dollars a job.

I read the article. Actually the corpse is already dealt with and removed by the time these cleaners are called. They are engaged by the home-owner to clean up the remaining mess and residue from the decomposition process.

If the home-owner want to save money, can buy PPE, cleaning supplies and DIY.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

I read the article. Actually the corpse is already dealt with and removed by the time these cleaners are called. They are engaged by the home-owner to clean up the remaining mess and residue from the decomposition process.

If the home-owner want to save money, can buy PPE, cleaning supplies and DIY.

Yes, regrettably I have first hand experience with this. The cops and the designated “black van” will remove the body and bring it to SGH mortuary, thereafter the cops will lock up the property whilst trying to find the NOK. These cases are always classified as unnatural death, requiring the coroner’s attention and an investigating officer to ensure there’s no foul play. 

Those guys are focused on the body. All other fluids, residue and whatnot are left in place. So even your typical NPP officer is expected to deal with such situations on their shift, when it happens.

If decomp gets a chance to work long enough, the innards build up so much gas, the cleaners have to scrape the ceiling as well.

Edited by Macrosszero
  • Praise 3

7 hours ago, RadX said:

my friend in police say once you smell it, you will recognise smell in future 😅

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

They work 4 days a month only. 😁

Better than table cleaning ??? 🤣 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2